Dream Team/Super Coach - Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you thoughts on McGlynn?

How's he been tracking this pre season and what sort of role do you expect him to play this season?

What are you thoughts on McGlynn?

How's he been tracking this pre season and what sort of role do you expect him to play this season?

Benny has had a pretty solid preseason, nothing amazing and nothing poor. Play particularly well against the Pies and has been solid otherwise. He'll be playing mainly across HF and a bit through the middle and if he can stay on the field consistently (he was injured a lot last year, mainly due to how hard he goes at the contest) he will score well. Kicks goals and finds plenty of the ball in damaging parts of the ground. Very good tackler as well.

Which of Everitt and Shaw would you expect to play the "Malceski" rebounding role?
Thanks.

Everitt. Better foot skills and seems to have been groomed somewhat over the off season to play that sort of role. Had 27 touches (most on ground) against the Saints the other week and was apparently fantastic. Should improve his price over the first few weeks, I've got him atm.

Swans fans - where did Goodes play in the pre-season? mainly up-forward or a bit of both?

Up forward almost exclusively so far due to Bradshaw missing the whole preseason and Jesse not playing 2 of the games. Has been very impressive so far and will probably spend more time up forward than in the middle to begin the year, given his outstanding preseason form there.

Any chance of Everitt being omitted this year? You have so many defenders will he be a chance of losing his spot when Kennelly, LRT etc return? A lot of people on this board seem to think so.

^^^
Simlar sorta question about Everitt, wondering weather to go him or Gwilt(STK)
Really need help guys, Thanks in advance.

I seriously doubt we will drop him, will play the full year I believe, I've got him :)

If he will be dropped it won't happen until halfway through the year anyway.

I was so keen for JPK after his pre season but he barely touched it this week. Any particular reason why? Didn't catch the game. Thanks.

Sydney's output in Contested possession was down overall - would effect JPK.

Look for a serious answer to his decreased fantasy score you need to look at the game plan and the ruck dual.

The Swans game plan was played in a much more open style than has been accustemed to us. We often went looking for Hannebry/McVeigh in space or for a Jetta/Rohan run down the wing rather than just using 4 strong guys close to barge their way through. I expect to see a lot more of that this year as well as Kennely get back in the side and Jetta/Rohan/Sumner and Meredith all develop. Also when we returned O"Keefe to the contested middle a lot, something with a groin injury in 2010 he had reduced time doing. Kennedys fantasy scores may suffer as a result of the above but not his value to the team at all.

Jamar just pipped Mumford in the ruck, a rare accomplishment except for the giants but one Jamar has accomplished twice now and thus Kennedy didn't get as much first use as we've become accustomed to. as to this happening next week, it's up to you to figure out how good the Essendon tap rucks are.

Vonn pointed out our contested possesion count was down and it's very public Longmire was not happy about it. Expect to see a big improvement on that stat this week.,

Having just watched the bombers game on replay the Swans are going to want a lot more physical pressure than the dogs applied to the bombers, expect Kennedy to be a big part of that.

1. The game style didn't suit him as there didn't seem to be as many ballups and throwins as usual and the Swans played on more than usual.
2. He was tagged (don't remember him being tagged last year), I think by Bail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everitt has been cranking out shit scores, it has to be said. do i trade him out for adcock or persist and trade jackson trengrove out for adcock?

everitt has been cranking out shit scores, it has to be said. do i trade him out for adcock or persist and trade jackson trengrove out for adcock?

I'd ditch both of em for a rookie and a gun. I cant see Everitt getting the big scores he got preseason. Hasn't shown any dash off halfback so far and he doesn't exactly impose himself in the backline. I dont see him as ever being a good fantasy player.

1. The game style didn't suit him as there didn't seem to be as many ballups and throwins as usual and the Swans played on more than usual.
2. He was tagged (don't remember him being tagged last year), I think by Bail.

Grim tried to warn people off the Kennedy bandwagon during the preseason, but I for one wouldn't listen.

It looks like opposition coaches are putting a bit of work into him at stoppages. He had a lot of close attention at every ball up from one of the bombers stoppers (mcveigh or hocking mostly). Did some good things but not the getting the 10 clearances/game we were hoping for.

I was certain Everitt was going to push his avg up a little this year. I already traded him out last week for a rookie and upgraded Jolly to Sandi. :D Only been 2 weeks i suppose, but upon reflection don't think we're going to see the best of Everitt until the 2nd half of the season.

Too much chopping and changing at the death cost me big on that one.

Hi guys,
Was after some help.
I have Ryce Shaw in my team and am wondering whether to trade before his price drops, or wheter to keep him. I picked him this year thinking he may regain his 2009 scoring with Kennelly and Mlceski out. But he seems to be the designated tagger this year.

My question is do you think he'll be the main tagger all year this year. Or does he have the potential to crank the 100's again.

Just by the way as a Richmond fan, just wanted to share my admiration for the Swannies. A great team, full of players I have so much admiration for. So professional and you do everything right.

Thanks for your help.

Hey guys!

Ive got Everitt in my supercoach team and i was wondering if i shud trade him out before his price drops next week.

I havent managed to catch any of sydneys games yet, how's he looking? Any chance he'll improve?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glad I didn't pick Kennedy in the end - just didn't seem to be involved much at all against Essendon.

Updated thoughts on Kennedy? Saw the game in patches and it seemed he was playing mostly up forward. I still have faith in him, but I hope it gets repaid!

Kennedy was tagged by Hocking, if you go back a few pages I said he wasn't tagged last year and I wonder how he would respond with the expected closer attention this year. So far, he hasn't dealt with it that well.

Hey fellas,

Just need a bit of advice on O'Keefe. I'm really wanting to upgrade Yarren to him today before lockout, but have some concerns.

How does he normally go against West Coast with Selwood tagging him, and can he keep up at this level for the rest of the season.

Thanks. :thumbsu:

How do people think Jack in travelling so far?

I'm looking to bring in Liberatore and Jack is the best option to trade out as it opens up a lot of cash (other option is Swallow but don't think it worth it.

O'keefe and Bolton are scoring better than expected and maybe taking points off Jack. It'd be a big move because he's been solid so far but still not sure if he can avg. 100+ yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Team/Super Coach - Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back