Autopsy 76 point Team Effort win vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a GIF
It's sort of an animated image.

Like this

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

Made some GIFs of some various moments that caught my eye.

Brilliance

Lewis Melican through heavy traffic if you don't mind! This is a guy who is playing good footy and he knows it. I could've included countless other examples of him playing in front and then taking off once he marked it.

View attachment 1974872

The collect, the steady, the goal. Just awesome from Wicks.

View attachment 1974873

Quite possibly one of the sexiest plays you'll see this year. This can only come from three players knowing exactly what each guy is going to do and anticipating it.

View attachment 1974875

Jakey Lloyd with the double fake. Just smarts. Knew exactly what he was gonna do.

View attachment 1974876

Unseen & Unsung

Warner has copped it from many (myself included) for his work rate with the ball vs without it. But the way he gets after this and keeps at it after his initial fluffed handball is so good to see.

View attachment 1974877

Florent's brilliant goal on the run was awesome, helped in part by Rowbottom effecting the oncoming Newcombe from impeding Florent's run at goal. The way Rowbottom doesn't switch off when snubbed for the receive but instead instantly switches from offensive to defensive once he knows what Florent's gonna do and lays the shepherd is so important.

View attachment 1974881

Some discussion about how the game has gone past Jake Lloyd. On the contrary, I believe the game has come back around to him. He's just spent so long getting dinky touches hemmed into the back pocket that we forget what a seriously good runner he is. Watch the way he surges forward here, and there were other examples I could've used. That's Errol Gulden stuff, and it's perfect for our game and the way we play.

View attachment 1974882

Wholesome

Said this last week but you seriously need replays to appreciate all that James Rowbottom does. In this case, it's not actually him doing anything, it's Logan McDonald, but for a guy who has laid over 600 tackles in his career and will probably go down as the club's greatest ever tackler, he has never looked so excited by a tackle being laid before. He is just team-first always, it's bloody great.

View attachment 1974886

Free Comedy

Ending on a light note, this shot of Brodie Grundy cracked me up. Standing on the mark after giving away a free, he's just checking out the replay like he's mentally planning the absolutely petty review he's gonna write about the umpiring.

View attachment 1974887
These are awesome, you see a lot I don’t see. Thank you for compiling. You should make it a post match tradition!

Reminds me of Glenn Hoddle coaching.

Highly skilled player who just can't imagine why the players he coaches aren't able to do what he could. 3 dimensional thinking that's wasted on 2 dimensional players

Tough year ahead for them, another club that cut way too deep, way too early
It’s interesting how many people, myself included, thought the swans held onto the old guard for too long. It makes you realise just what a master Longmire is in maintaining a competitive team across the cycle. Only Scott (the Geelong one) can claim a better record.

With the weather expected to be atrocious on Saturday I'd like to think the match committee will not make the same error as they did in opening round under similar conditions. Playing three talls in the forward line cannot happen again so I'd suggest Amartey will make way as will Campbell as he needs a full game. He is not likely to get that in the seniors with Parker and Rampe to return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Sam Mitchell's attitude towards his players getting more aggressive as the game went on didn't help his team.

He started the game with a group that was fully committed but making mistakes and ended it with a group who looked like they barely gave a damn and were still making mistakes.

I'm no coaching expert but just seemed like the totally wrong approach to take with a young side that was having a genuine crack against a team way above them.

Yeah its basically leadership 101 in corporate, if you punish mistakes / accidents the number of them doesn't go down, people just start to hide mistakes / accidents. And if people don't feel safe to make mistakes without being punished they become super conservative and shirk responsibility / accountability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back