DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Thanks very much for that.

I'm officially aboard the Rory bandwagon! :)

Good luck to all for their last minute switches.

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Congrats on the win last night. Wish I had enough confidence to pick McKernan for my SC team...looks like he can rack up some big scores!

My question is about Brodie Smith though. Do you think he can hold his spot for R3 and beyond? I guess with Sloane and Porplyzia out, he must be a solid chance to do so..

My question is about Brodie Smith though. Do you think he can hold his spot for R3 and beyond? I guess with Sloane and Porplyzia out, he must be a solid chance to do so..

I would think so yes :)

Congrats on the win last night. Wish I had enough confidence to pick McKernan for my SC team...looks like he can rack up some big scores!

Can't see him being dropped with Sloane, Porplyzia and (possibly) Mackay all missing R3 through injury. Nobody knows what will happen if we ever have a full list to choose from - but how often does that occur? My guess is that he'll stay in the side as long as his form stays good, he's a young kid and it's a long season. He'll probably fade a bit as the season wears on, being given a run in the SANFL about 2/3 of the way through the season.

Does anyone think that Danger will be up for a main role in the mids with the recent injuries?

Does anyone think that Danger will be up for a main role in the mids with the recent injuries?
I'd say he'll still be splitting time between the midfield & forward line. He's a fantastic impact player, we just haven't really ever seen him put it together for a full 4-quarter performance yet.

who is the douche bag who left Otten in his side and left Brodie Smith as the emergency only to lose his league game by 1 point after Bruce decided to handball instead of kick with the last touch of the game?

fml.

Do you guys rate chris knights?

I reckon hes always had huge talent, just plagued by injuries last year.

Always been a fan of him and curious on how highly hes rated amongst you blokes

firstly) will he be a starter each week? can you see him being dropped or the sub/subbed?

secondly) He had a pretty good game first up against the hawks, without the presence of tippet and mainly porpus was he delivered the ball more. Where do you think he ranks in your foward line?

thirdly) will the coming up of Walker and possibly Mckernan along with the return of Kurt Tippet affect how much he gets and his impact? Maybe the loss of Porpus too (not sure on his state and cbs looking)

Finally) will he keep up his first round efforts?, ease off due to a more loaded Forward Line? or would he possibly flourish under the radar with the presence of the big men?

Please refrain from bias opinions ;) All the best[/quote]

Do you guys rate chris knights?

I reckon hes always had huge talent, just plagued by injuries last year.

Always been a fan of him and curious on how highly hes rated amongst you blokes

firstly) will he be a starter each week? can you see him being dropped or the sub/subbed?

secondly) He had a pretty good game first up against the hawks, without the presence of tippet and mainly porpus was he delivered the ball more. Where do you think he ranks in your foward line?

thirdly) will the coming up of Walker and possibly Mckernan along with the return of Kurt Tippet affect how much he gets and his impact? Maybe the loss of Porpus too (not sure on his state and cbs looking)

Finally) will he keep up his first round efforts?, ease off due to a more loaded Forward Line? or would he possibly flourish under the radar with the presence of the big men?

Please refrain from bias opinions ;) All the best
[/quote]
Here's an unbiased opinion, I think he is a cert in the best 22 if fit and in form (which he seems to be ATM). Can't see Tippet, McKernan or Walker affecting his game too much as they are different types of players. He could easily keep up his first round efforts and even improve upon them. He is capable of scoring 100+ in SC and if he does this a couple of times, will be great value for trading up. I have him and will be keeping him.:thumbsu:

Someone should have responded to this one by now. :eek:

Knights is in our first 18 every day of the week and twice on gamedays. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Barring injury, he will play every game for which he is available.

I'm not really sure about what you mean by "where he ranks in our forward line". Tippett & Walker are both very different players to Knights and there's not a whole lot of point in ranking them. In terms of DT scores, I'd expect Knights to be the highest scorer of the 3 most weeks, unless one of them puts in a freakishly good performance an kicks 7 or 8 goals in a game.

I can't see Walker/Tippett/McKernan affecting his score too much. The loss of Porps can only bolster his scoring potential.

It's hard to say how he'll go in the longer term, as we really haven't seen much of him since 2009 (when he was on fire). He played a handful of games last year, but was never properly fit (he missed most of the season due to injury). I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see him improve on his R1 performance - he kicked 2-3 goals, but didn't get that much of the ball on other occasions. He should be aiming for 2-3 goals per game (though he'll be lucky to average this many) but I would expect him to get more of the pill as he builds his fitness and readjusts to the game at the senior level.

The loss of Porps can only bolster his scoring potential.

One issue may be he will now get the best small/medium defender whereas previosuly they would have gone to Porps. Only a slight impact perhaps.

I havn't got him purely becasue of injury issues and I wanted no Crows if possible. Ended up with only Otten as too good to refuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the latest on Craigy and his articale 'Otten being Ideal Sub'.

Is there a good chance he will be, and more specifically this week? ?

Surely hes in your best 15, not a sub type?

Also Im downgrading Knights to Tapscott in DT, keeping him in SC. nothing against him, and might come back to haunt me but I need the 100k to upgrade palmer. this isnt a question just felt like telling you guys.

That article was probably smoke and mirrors on Craig's part. Anyway, Otten is even less likely to be the sub this week given our injuries. Will probably be one of the guys coming into the team or Smith again.

Im looking at bringing in certain crows players, id very much like some feedback on your opinions regarding these players.

Scott Thompson - is he likely to perform how he has over the last few seasons, avg mid 20 possessions for what like 5 seasons now? And with the players that have left the club could he improve even further?

Richard Douglas - able to replicate last years great form?

Vince and Van Berlo - any preferences?

thank you :thumbsu:

Scott Thompson - is he likely to perform how he has over the last few seasons, avg mid 20 possessions for what like 5 seasons now? And with the players that have left the club could he improve even further?
he is our best possession getter. the players that have left the club in the recent past do not affect his scores, because he has always been our best mid (since the days of Roo, Edwards, Goody in their prime).
Richard Douglas - able to replicate last years great form?
it's always hard to top a PB year, so only time will tell. i personally think he'll do consistently well this year, but in terms of scores, i think they might be slightly below last years.
Vince and Van Berlo - any preferences? thank you :thumbsu:
Vince, easy choice. vB is not a huge possession winner.

This isnt a hugely adelaide related question, but there seems to be quite a few contributers on here and almost no action on the other boards :rolleyes:

Im tempted to get rid of kennedy for Curnow and trade Pedersen for either Enright or Newman, or make a way to cash in on Mckernan (will probably wait till next week).

Is it worth getting Enright/Newman? if so which one?

and is it worth getting curnow for Kennedy?

Cheers

Is it worth getting Enright/Newman? if so which one?
I would go for Enright over Newman personally as he has been a more consistent dt backline premium over the past few seasons whereas Newman hasn't quiet reached that. Be aware though, Enright won't keep up his current average (not sure what it is off the top of my head but it would be around 110+). Last season he started strongly and started to draw attention from other teams which slowed his scoring down so be ready for this.

and is it worth getting curnow for Kennedy?

Cheers
Certainly, you put Kennedy in your side for the hope that he could become a keeper/make you a fair bit of cash for a straight swap to a premium. At this stage, he hasn't shown you any of that (an average of 60 odd) and is basically showing you what you could get with a rookie. It is probably best to cut your losses early which leaves you a chance to pounce on the midfield rookie you like the look of most which happens to be Curnow (who has scored very strongly in the first two rounds this season).

Hope that helps.

Do you guys think McKernan will be able to hold his spot for the next few weeks?

Do you guys think McKernan will be able to hold his spot for the next few weeks?
Should definitely hold on until Jacobs is ready to go. What happens after that is anyone's guess. Could be Jacobs/Maric, Jacobs/McKernan, or Maric/McKernan, though my money would be on Jacobs/Maric.

** Note that Jacobs resumes via the SANFL reserves this week (due to the fact that his SANFL aligned team has a bye). He hasn't played in 2 months, since the first week of the MMC, so he'll need at least 2 SANFL games (plus the reserves game) to regain his match fitness.

A very informative answer! Thank you. :thumbsu:

I'd love to get Symes in but his JS isn't the greatest. Missing a few players now though!
Will score 100+DT this week :(

I would go for Enright over Newman personally as he has been a more consistent dt backline premium over the past few seasons whereas Newman hasn't quiet reached that. Be aware though, Enright won't keep up his current average (not sure what it is off the top of my head but it would be around 110+). Last season he started strongly and started to draw attention from other teams which slowed his scoring down so be ready for this.

Certainly, you put Kennedy in your side for the hope that he could become a keeper/make you a fair bit of cash for a straight swap to a premium. At this stage, he hasn't shown you any of that (an average of 60 odd) and is basically showing you what you could get with a rookie. It is probably best to cut your losses early which leaves you a chance to pounce on the midfield rookie you like the look of most which happens to be Curnow (who has scored very strongly in the first two rounds this season).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help buddy

But i was kinda asking in terms of SC my bad, should of said so :(

Newman has the ability to score well even in games where he doesn't do too well, but goes missing sometimes in games where he has to shut an opponent down.

Will he have a shutting down role frequently this year, due to the emergence or a few young backmen and the tiges in general?

On the other hand Enright is a big ball winner but when he cops a tag he tends to go missing.

Do you think he will be tagged much this year? and if so will his SC scores suffer?

Really having a tough time between these two and im doing pretty well in SC so far and i don't want to make the wrong decision.

Cheers

Since it's SC then I don't mind the Newman selection at all, he is taking a lot of the kickouts from the backline which gets you points and been a good kick has meant he has been able to score very highly. He will attract some attention from other teams but can also play on a decent forward which may help at stages to get rid of the tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back