DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Definitely a fair call - my comments about him not having a massive increase is that I already felt he was ahead of himself on possession count last year because of our non-functioning midfield. I'm kind of hoping we'll get a bit more ball from the mids this season and Jacobs won't need to go in low all the time.
That said, of the premium rucks of last season (Cox, Goldstein, Leuenberger, McEvoy, Jacobs, Mumford and Sandilands) Jacobs averaged the second least disposals per game at 12.6, only ahead of Mumford at 12.47. So his disposal average wasn't that high (for a premium ruckman at least) and with any luck will improve that 5-10% as suggested!

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloane, Porpyliza, Smith - The crows look like they have a well of SC talent.

Out of the above who are the safest bets?

Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloane, Porpyliza, Smith - The crows look like they have a well of SC talent.

Out of the above who are the safest bets?

Thompson's definitely the safest bet, however he's the most expensive and unlikely to improve in price.

Next safest would be Sloane and he should definitely improve his average, question is by how much. Could be that he improves to genuine premium level, or may just move into that bracket below the premium who average around the 100 mark.

Dangerfield is a little more up in the air, but has had an outstanding preseason and if the game on the weekend was anything to go by, this will be his breakout year.

Porplyzia is high risk, but then is only just more expensive than your rookie players. If he can stay injury free, should average in excess of 80, which is pretty good for a bloke costing you about 200k

Smith has the potential to be a good scorer, issue is he's not yet a lock for our best 22. We have over 30 blokes who would have a legitimate claim to being a first 22 player and Smith is one who isn't it that safe bracket yet like the other four you've mentioned. If he's playing, he could be a very good pick, just watch that he isn't used as a sub.

Thanks James, appreciate the detailed write up. :thumbsu:

vince and van berlo

I am very interested in both but would really like some inside information on how their preseason has come along and what we could expect from them each week.

Im leaning more towards Vince because I just think he is at the age were I think he is going to go from being a top 35 midfielder in the league to top 15-20.

Are you guys to upgrade a rookie before round one? If so, how likely is Callinan? Would he be best 22? Thanks

Has the Porpoise played any Nab Cup games? If fully fit and firing is he a permanent fixture in your best 22?

Cheers

He played a full game against Collingwood on Friday night and was outstanding (4 goals). We've missed him greatly, so much so that we'd forgotten how classy he was. Fully fit and firing he is absolutely in our best 22. :thumbsu:

vince and van berlo

I am very interested in both but would really like some inside information on how their preseason has come along and what we could expect from them each week.

Im leaning more towards Vince because I just think he is at the age were I think he is going to go from being a top 35 midfielder in the league to top 15-20.

Vince at his best would beat VB, unfortunately we haven't seen it very often. VB has had an outstanding pre-season and really looks to be taking his game to the next level. I expect he'll be a consistant DT scorer this year. Vince is showing signs of improvement from last year but we need to see him in the season proper before being able to answer definitively. He certainly has the potential to be elite.

Hey I'm just wondering how much midfield time you anticipate for dangerfield this year? Thanks, SSH

Personally, I think the majority of his time will be spent on the ball, with the occasional "rests" both forward and back. We now seem to have a full forward line structure (Tippett, Walker, Porplyzia, Callinan, Kerridge, Wright?), so the need to play him as a key forward has diminished some what.

Don't want to get too carried away, but some in here think this year will be his breakout year.

How much can I read into Scotty T's less than impressive NAB DT Scores?

I had a feeling he could improve his average to 112-115 this season yet it looks like he is having less time in the mids? Especially with Danger/Sloane receiving more time?

If he comes out and scores 90-100, as opposed to a 150, against the GC in Round One then his selection may not have been worth it (You know how he kills the weaker teams).

Interested on the inside word from Crows' supporters. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his been going at it in second gear for most of the time, I think he only had 65% tog in the last match which shows we're not pushing him at this stage. I be taking a lot from the next game against a quality side in WCE in the grand final as it will be the final game before round 1 and we will be playing as if it was a home and away match I'd think.

Has the Porpoise played any Nab Cup games? If fully fit and firing is he a permanent fixture in your best 22?

Cheers

Yes, yes, yes and yes - but with Porplyzia you're just never sure how long it will be before another injury strikes.

If he can stay fit he's in for a very good year I suspect, but there's always an element of risk involved with him.

Yes, yes, yes and yes - but with Porplyzia you're just never sure how long it will be before another injury strikes.

If he can stay fit he's in for a very good year I suspect, but there's always an element of risk involved with him.

We all know about his dodgy shoulder. ( and have seen it eeeeew !) but apart from that is he particularly prone to injury?

We all know about his dodgy shoulder. ( and have seen it eeeeew !) but apart from that is he particularly prone to injury?

No. Not at all. "That" shoulder seems to be his Achilles heal. Thats what makes it so bloody frustrating!

No. Not at all. "That" shoulder seems to be his Achilles heal. Thats what makes it so bloody frustrating!

Yeah I think I'll trust in the surgery and see how he goes, if he's fixed it would be brilliant if he gets three games I'll make money. He may be one for upgrading anyhow, I don't think he's ever averaged more than 80 odd.

Yeah I think I'll trust in the surgery and see how he goes, if he's fixed it would be brilliant if he gets three games I'll make money. He may be one for upgrading anyhow, I don't think he's ever averaged more than 80 odd.

At his price, even with the injury worries, he's probably worth it. I doubt he'll average more than 80-90 a week, but he'll be good for some cheap $ early which you can use to upgrade to a premium.

Dear Friends ;)

Who is Sam Shaw and what is his job security like? Named at CHB for the NAB Cup Final, and having lost Davis, Stevens and Bock, he could be due for a decent run, even with the pending return of the Truck?

Dear Friends ;)

Who is Sam Shaw and what is his job security like? Named at CHB for the NAB Cup Final, and having lost Davis, Stevens and Bock, he could be due for a decent run, even with the pending return of the Truck?
Shaw is a 3rd year player, who spent most of his first two seasons on the injury list. Right now he's competing with Otten for the 3rd tall defender position - the battle could go either way.

Hi there,
What are peoples thoughts on Sam Kerridge and Talia? Are they in the best 22, will they get a game early on? Looking from an SC perspective.

Thanks!

Hi there,
What are peoples thoughts on Sam Kerridge and Talia? Are they in the best 22, will they get a game early on? Looking from an SC perspective.

Thanks!
Kerridge is just outside the best 22 and will probably be named emergency for the first few weeks, until the inevitable injuries open up a position for him.

Talia is a lock for CHB and should play all 22 games. Don't ask me about his likely scoring or value though.

Is anyone here thinking about getting Jacobs?

He had some fairly big games last year & he's only going to improve. He's only $502k, I think he'll average 95-100.

Is anyone here thinking about getting Jacobs?

He had some fairly big games last year & he's only going to improve. He's only $502k, I think he'll average 95-100.

Got him in my team. Doesn't have the constent injury concerns of a Sandilands or Cox (touch wood), is quite consistent and spent the money I saved on bolstering my midfield. Reckon he's a pretty safe bet. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back