DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

He's no certainty even to play in R1. He's the best performed option we have as the 3rd tall forward, but McKernan is also capable of playing in the ruck and giving Jacobs some relief. I think Lynch should & will get the job, but there's no guarantee the selectors feel the same way. It all depends upon the team structure they want to go with

Obviously with a change of coach things will change, but do Crows usually give guys a bit of a chance to cement themselves, or if he is named week 1 will it be form dependent from the start?

With Porplyzia back in the side, while he isn't a tall forward he adds that scoring power assurance with Tippett & Walker, so I'm just wondering if Lynch's spot may be used to alternate players depending on the team you play (i.e. like your suggestion you may go with McKernan if you want that flexibility in the ruck).

Or will he definitely remain in the side with good/decent performances irrespective of what team you play?

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Obviously with a change of coach things will change, but do Crows usually give guys a bit of a chance to cement themselves, or if he is named week 1 will it be form dependent from the start?
Depends on how the kid goes. If the kid goes OK, then they'll continue to receive opportunities. On the other hand, if they surrender without giving even the meekest yelp (ref Griffin vs Sandilands, R1 2010), then they'll be sent back to the SANFL until they grow a heart and a pair of balls.
With Porplyzia back in the side, while he isn't a tall forward he adds that scoring power assurance with Tippett & Walker, so I'm just wondering if Lynch's spot may be used to alternate players depending on the team you play (i.e. like your suggestion you may go with McKernan if you want that flexibility in the ruck).
The presence of Porplyzia means that we're probably not under any great pressure to add another KPP to our forward line. That said, our ideal structure is probably 3x talls & 3x mid-small sized forwards.

Right now it's almost certainly a choice between McKernan & Lynch, with Lynch currently in the box seat.
Or will he definitely remain in the side with good/decent performances irrespective of what team you play?
Good performances should see him retained. Poor performances, maybe not.

Did any Crows players run around in the SANFL/ prac matches this last weekend?

If so, any way we can find out how they went?

Cheers

Is Shaw likely to stay in the team? Or will he get the boot when Rutten comes back?

Is Shaw likely to stay in the team? Or will he get the boot when Rutten comes back?

He's on a knife's edge at this stage. In a battle with a few young talls at the moment, Otten, L. Thomspon, Johnston. Rutten coming back into the side will force Talia out of FB and into that mix too making things harder for him.

I'd say he's a decent chance to keep his spot but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

Excellent question, but so hard to answer at this stage.

When Rutten returns, one of Talia or Shaw will be CHB and the other will miss out.

Shaw has played CHB all through the NAB cup, and done well, so I'm tipping that if he plays well this week, he'll stay in the team.

Did any Crows players run around in the SANFL/ prac matches this last weekend?

If so, any way we can find out how they went?

Cheers
Check the Crows in the SANFL Round 1 thread.
Talia's position appears to be secure. That leaves Otten & Shaw battling it out for the 3rd tall slot once Rutten returns. If Otten plays poorly & Shaw performs well, then anything is possible.

Still expect Scott Thompson to average similar to last year?

Also is Brodie Smith likely to get plenty of games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys just wondering about the following -

Lynch - Will he get games? Forward or back?

Petrenko - Sub candidate? Playing forward again or midfield like under Craig?

Tippett - Will he be the backup ruckman>

I'm playing Ultimate Footy so it's about individual stats. Hoping these guys can take plenty of marks, kick a few goals and the Tippett will get a decent run in the ruck late in qtrs.

Thanks in advance :thumbsu:

Hey guys just wondering about the following -

Lynch - Will he get games? Forward or back?
After his pre season he should be and it will be in the forward line as a 3rd tall.

Petrenko - Sub candidate? Playing forward again or midfield like under Craig?
I'd say he's one of a number of guys that I could see being a sub at one stage or another. I think he'll be playing both in the forward and midfield. Sando wants to have lots of guys rotating into the midfield from the looks of things.

Tippett - Will he be the backup ruckman>
If McKernan/Jenkins isn't playing then he will be. Him and McKernan have both spent some time backing up Jacobs in the last couple of games so he's certainly in the mix.

What are Brown's chances of getting a game in the first 2-3 rounds?

What are Kerridge's chances of getting a game in the first 2-3 rounds?

What are Brown's chances of getting a game in the first 2-3 rounds?

What are Kerridge's chances of getting a game in the first 2-3 rounds?
Not high at all for either. Brown didn't play any pre season games and will have to prove himself in the SANFL first followed by a few injuries to the best 22 going his way.

Kerridge looked pretty impressive in the pre season but since our side is at full strength (basically no injuries) he's going to have to wait for a few to get injured before he's given a shot.

For the last 3 weeks I have been try to cement my forward line for SC and having some troubles with F5 and i need some advice.

My forward line currently stands:
L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, P.Dangerfield, ???, D.Pfieffer, T.Dickson, A.Kennedy, A.Hall

With 330k remaining I have had the following in my side for the last week...

Wednesday: Porplyzia
Thursday: Cripps
Friday: Porplyzia
Saturday: Saad
Sunday: Porplyzia
Monday: Mellington
Tuesday: Porplyzia

You get the idea... :eek:

Can someone please tell me he is the best option for a forward between 120-320k. Murphy's law states he will play just the one game again and fall apart if I pick him!

For the last 3 weeks I have been try to cement my forward line for SC and having some troubles with F5 and i need some advice.

My forward line currently stands:
L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, P.Dangerfield, ???, D.Pfieffer, T.Dickson, A.Kennedy, A.Hall

With 330k remaining I have had the following in my side for the last week...

Wednesday: Porplyzia
Thursday: Cripps
Friday: Porplyzia
Saturday: Saad
Sunday: Porplyzia
Monday: Mellington
Tuesday: Porplyzia

You get the idea... :eek:

Can someone please tell me he is the best option for a forward between 120-320k. Murphy's law states he will play just the one game again and fall apart if I pick him!
At this stage Porplyzia > Cripps > Saad > Mellington.

Personally I'd take Porplyzia and upgrade Dangerfield to Sidebottom.

HI I noticed the previous poster said to upgrade danger to sidebottom...

this doesnt fill me with great confidence since it wasnt even the question and the answer came from a crows fan.... :(

what is the likelihood danger could improve his av from 80 to close to 100 (supercoach) ... ???
will his midfield time be dramitically more this year ?

this doesnt fill me with great confidence since it wasnt even the question and the answer came from a crows fan.... :(

what is the likelihood danger could improve his av from 80 to close to 100 (supercoach) ... ???

Just think that with Wellingham and Beams out, you can count on Sidebottom scoring reasonably large week in week out, at least to begin with. Dangerfield could be a good pick, no doubt about it - but lets not forget, he is certainly a risk, as are players in his price range like Ballantyne.

THIS^

Would love to hear some sceptical crows fan opinions on Dangerfield and some more info and the role you reckon porps will play this year.

Dangerifeld might turn into a 100 point player, but he's never really been about weight of possessions - more about making the few possessions he does get damaging. I wouldn't be expecting him to climb that high.

Not that I've been that impressed with Sidebottom this preseason either.

Dangerifeld might turn into a 100 point player, but he's never really been about weight of possessions - more about making the few possessions he does get damaging. I wouldn't be expecting him to climb that high.

Not that I've been that impressed with Sidebottom this preseason either.

If the preseason is anything to go by, he's gone a long way towards improving his disposal count. Over the 3 full games he averaged 27 touches. I'm not sure he'll be a consistent 100 scorer, but I think over the corse of the year he will average out at about 100 as he does have the capacity to score extremely highly.

What we will see less of with him spending more time in the middle is scores around the 50-60 mark, with his bad games being around the 80 mark instead.

Personally, I think this is Dangers year to break out, Sandos coming will have a similar effect to what Blighty had on Roo.

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back