Drew Petrie tweets

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch a John Worsfold press conference. It is a thing of utter beauty. He's turned stonewalling into an art form.
James Hird: Improvement, improvement, improvement. Yep our players are going down like flies, but if we want our players to compete when we're good enough, whether it's this year or the year after, well, you have to be bigger and stronger. Improvement, improvement, improvement.

Do you feel the same way about the Carlton players who were fined?

Yes. That was a shocking decision as well. Let the players express themselves! Unless they personally attack someone or make a derogatory comments on race/religion/sex/disability, then I don't have a problem with anything they tweet.

As you can see in my Sig, I'm on twitter, so I appreciate reading the personal thoughts from players across the league. Especially the funny shit they say (e.g. Swanny, Jack Riewoldt and Tex Walker).

I dunno if I'd wage war, but stiff on Murphy and Laidler. No explicit bashing of umpires, just pointing out the obvious.
Yes. That was a shocking decision as well. Let the players express themselves! Unless they personally attack someone or make a derogatory comments on race/religion/sex/disability, then I don't have a problem with anything they tweet.

As you can see in my Sig, I'm on twitter, so I appreciate reading the personal thoughts from players across the league. Especially the funny shit they say (e.g. Swanny, Jack Riewoldt and Tex Walker).

Good, just checking to see whether anti-Carlton bias has seeped into this discussion as well.

I dunno if I'd wage war, but stiff on Murphy and Laidler. No explicit bashing of umpires, just pointing out the obvious.

Marge: "If only there was hole I could fall into and die"

Security Guards: "OK throw her into the hole"

Marge: "Oh for Christ sake it was only a figure of speech!"

Is James Kelly in trouble too?

@JamesPopsKelly

I was going to tweet how Zebel getting 4 weeks was a mare of a decision but decided not to so I don't get in trouble #smartkell.....smart

Love it.

Keep 'em coming players. Perhaps the players are the only ones in any position to actually make some noise and stand against the bozos at the AFL who seem intent on destroying our game.

If James Kelly gets fined for his tweet, I'll be extremely disappointed. He's only having a bit of a joke, being the laid back bloke he is.

In fact, any player who re-tweeted Petrie's comment's should be good to go.

Unfortunately for Dish, Jack Ziebell is a team mate of his and he will probably be fined for his opinion.

Drew had already spoken on air about the whole Judd incident, saying he didn't really want to go in to it too much, dunno why he had to comment about the verdict on JZ.

It doesn't matter if you agree with these tweets or think the AFL should allow them to express themselves in this way.

The AFL has shown that it will reprimand those they believe to be undermining the league - FAIR OR NOT FAIR

When will these players get it through their thick skulls?? What would it take?? 2 weeks of training in a classroom?

If you are an AFL player do not tweet about the following; umpires, suspensions, inappropriate responses to hero fans etc or you will end up stuffing the already fat pockets at AFL house.

Seriously, I thought Petrie was smarter than a 5th grader

If Kelly gets in trouble for that, I'll laugh. Utter disgrace if so. Question is, will Vlad understand and appreciate his humor?

He will get sent a please explain - too much time on his hands.

Yes it's laughable that the AFL will have an issue with that sort of stuff but the players need to be smarter.

Either that or they are happy to cop the fines as they are paid so handsomely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL players save themselves for the hot chicks. There should be no fat Vlad on twitter section in their contract.

"@drewpetrie20: Advice for @JackZiebell. Stop being so courageous and playing footy hard the way it's meant to be played. Please turn into a softy!"

"@drewpetrie20: Lost enough sleep already tonight over that decision. Got a sore neck from shaking my head so much. Time for bed!!!"

Fine or suspension?
Can't see anything there that will get him fined.

First part: He was talking to his mate Ziebell, giving some advice.

Second part: He hasn't directly criticised the tribunal decision.

Nothing to see, move along.

Well said, Petrie.

The AFL and the tribunal are a joke and players should be allowed to criticise them without having to worry about getting fined.

has fat Vlad the obese loser not heard of a thing called free speech? ****ing muppet

loved Majak Daws tweet by the way, was way better than Petries.

Well said, Petrie.

The AFL and the tribunal are a joke and players should be allowed to criticise them without having to worry about getting fined.

has fat Vlad the obese loser not heard of a thing called free speech? ******* muppet

'Free speech' must be the most misunderstood concept on the planet.

Well said, Petrie.

has fat Vlad the obese loser not heard of a thing called free speech? ******* muppet

Clearly you have no idea what free speech entails.

The players making a stance is the only way the AFL would listen, god knows they don't listen to the supporters other than those that cry foul about contact in a contact sport.

I'd love for mass player dissent to take hold and every one of them do what Petrie did knowing they'll cop a fine. Shove this fairly on the agenda of the AFL as it has become a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew Petrie tweets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back