Competitions DT and SC 2013 Chat - All Questions, Comments here

Remove this Banner Ad

Was sat on all night by Wilkison, and did a pretty good job. Zorks was still pretty involved, but being a wet slippery game it wasn't a high possession free flowing affair. Zorko gets some good numbers from tackles, but he gets his touches from getting loose, finding some space and getting on the end of the ball. He gets plenty of +6 from taking marks around the ground. We haven't had that flowing footy in our game, which has impacted his scoring. I'm sure he will come good, but the team needs to lift a bit for him to get his scoring back a bit i think.

FWIW, i have Zorko in DT. Depending on other things i might have to fix, i might trade him, but it isn't a must do. Rocky has been in pretty good touch this year though, has been decent in all 3 games, so i might try get from Zorko to Rocky. But again, i think it's more of a DT option with the extra trades. I can trade him out before he loses too much more money, and always get him back in cheap later on. With SC not having as many trades it's a tougher call. I still think by the end of the year he will be the premium that he is, but certainly not having a good start.

Mayes was impressive in his first game, and in the wet. Might be a downgrade option if he can hold his spot in the team. So maybe try hold for another week and see what happens with Mayes. Whilst Mayes does have a good running tank, being a first year player he does have to be some kind of vest risk. I think he will be more likely for the red vest rather than the green though.
THanks for your time. I am appeased now:p
Ill hold on to him. I have used one trade so far so Ill stay put I think.
I have to say I tipped GC. (was a little miffed you won TBH:D)
I also tipped GWS against the saints. And we all know how well that went:oops:
Good luck and have a great day.:thumbsu:

What has happened to the magnificent Zorko? 2nd year blues? Is he 100% fit? I noticed he had some groin issues in round 1. Not sure I can wait much longer for his form to turn around.

Can anyone give me info on Mayes? Will he keep playing and will he possibly be the sub?
Don't think a single person on this board could predict that, a lot of us were a bit shocked he was selected then played so well.

Clearly though the signs are good and most avid players of SC/DT are waiting 1 more week to see if it was a fluke or if he can actually score decently enough to make some $$$.

Advice from me though: See how he goes next week, if he scores over 70+ then get on him.

Just a tad happy with my start, ranked 327 this week and 2,883 overall.

Good stuff! I'm boggling at my current overall ranking of 468. I wonder how long that will last...

Good stuff! I'm boggling at my current overall ranking of 468. I wonder how long that will last...
I see you have the Hoff, when did you get him in?

Swallow would be a good unique for you as well.

I see you have the Hoff, when did you get him in?

Swallow would be a good unique for you as well.

Just before round 3. I had Robinson and felt that he wasn't going to return to his best so pulled the trigger before I lost any money on him. Believe me I was tossing up the trade for a while cause it's, you know, Westhoff and all. But the extra cash just made it hard to resist. So that worked out (so far)! To balance that out, I brought in Libba in Supercoach so can't win them all I suppose.

Yeah, thought Swallow's pre-season was good so took the chance and he's been a gun. The problem is with two trades every week you start worrying about every point in terms of your premiums so nailing one from the start makes things less stressful.

I see you went the Hanley route in defence. I was tempted by that myself but went Heppell in the end although I have the feeling Hanley will end up scoring better over the season. Oh well, may be an upgrade target.

What has happened to the magnificent Zorko? 2nd year blues? Is he 100% fit? I noticed he had some groin issues in round 1. Not sure I can wait much longer for his form to turn around.

Zorko has been discussed, like 3 or 4 posts above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear to god if that arrogsnt ranga doesnt play Zorko at thw centre bounce in every single bouncedown for the rest of the season I will personally lok him outside on a moderately sunny day with no suncreen and watch him melt.
Mate come on. This is clearly not the place for that.

How not? Are we that touchy that you can't handle your coach being called a ranga?

Pull your head in - you know exactly how you crossed the line. This is a team board - a bit of respect is required. Any more from you and you can take a holiday.

Hard to say, it's hard to know who will cop the vest with the usual vest wearers not in the team. It would have to be a mix of the new players I would think. I think Doc might get the green vest with Paps maybe the red. Harwood will surely take Yeo's role down back. Then again it could be the other way around too. Just to hard to know at this stage.

What Paps JS and scoring potential like?

Looking at a downgrade this week everyone is onto Mayes but Paps is 50k cheaper and may be a better option IMO.

Your thoughts?

What Paps JS and scoring potential like?

Looking at a downgrade this week everyone is onto Mayes but Paps is 50k cheaper and may be a better option IMO.

Your thoughts?

As with any of the first year draftees there's the possibility of resting them. Paps and Mayes have above average fitness and endurance so they may play a few more games soon or they may get rested for a few. It's hard to tell with first year players. Mayes would be my option if I was downgrading because he'll get a price bump if he plays this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions DT and SC 2013 Chat - All Questions, Comments here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back