DT Midfielders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
daniel kerr ($271,600) seems very tempting at that price.
would he be worth having in the side this year? what have the reports been like for his pre season?

When you watch footy on TV Well's long sleeves make him look like a slack but super skillful player (now i'm sure he trains as hard as any Roo, and he is fast and crazy fit) but he just doesn't dominate like when you watch Judd, Ablett, Riewoldt, Cox, Lovett :)rolleyes:)

Solomon shouldn't be getting a game. I hope they promote Barlow. Good player and I used to go to Uni with him!

Hey guys,

Originally my midfield consisted of 2 and a half premiums (Bartel, Pendlebury, Watson), 1 mid pricer (Masten) and 2 cheapies (Trengove, Martin)

But I'm considering going the 3 rookie strategy, and replacing Masten with Morabito to free up cash.

Do you guys think this is wise, or will it blow up in my face? Personally I think the risk is worth the reward, but I don't want to be gimping myself throughout the year. And who knows, one or two of the three might be keepers :)

Freo have two spots up for rookies now, I'd dare say Micky Barlow will get one of those. Won't play round 1, but he'll make an ideal downgrade target for later in the year.

Do the math on it- what do you expect masten/morabito to earn points wise.

next, the extra money spent elsewhere-how many more points will that get you?

Thats true. I probably cant see Masten averaging much more than 80-85 and who knows with these new players - Morabito could average anywhere from 50-80 in my book. The cash allows me to upgrade someone like Warren/Dangerfield to Brown/Sylvia, so thats probably around 30ppg bonus. Then job security comes in...

Thanks for the advice

Thats true. I probably cant see Masten averaging much more than 80-85 and who knows with these new players - Morabito could average anywhere from 50-80 in my book. The cash allows me to upgrade someone like Warren/Dangerfield to Brown/Sylvia, so thats probably around 30ppg bonus. Then job security comes in...

Thanks for the advice

I'm considering starting 3 or even 4 rookies in the mid as well. This will depend on how well they all play in NAB cup, but there are alot of good midfield rookies who could play 22 games this season;
Scully
Trengove
Martin
Morabito
Jetta
Shuey
Banner
Basantic
Cunnington
Hartingham;
while there are only a few decent ones in other positions.
This will allow me to start 5/2/1/5 premiums in the respective positions along with 2/1/1/2 mid-pricers and (2/5/2/2 rookies).

of course this could fail dramatically....

I'm considering starting 3 or even 4 rookies in the mid as well. This will depend on how well they all play in NAB cup, but there are alot of good midfield rookies who could play 22 games this season;
Scully
Trengove
Martin
Morabito
Jetta
Shuey
Banner
Basantic
Cunnington
Hartingham;
while there are only a few decent ones in other positions.
This will allow me to start 5/2/1/5 premiums in the respective positions along with 2/1/1/2 mid-pricers and (2/5/2/2 rookies).

of course this could fail dramatically....

Im thinking along your lines.

Im in a league playing for cash with friends/family, so Im looking to win that at all costs, not interested in going for the car (like I'd get it anyway)

The way my team looks now, I have 16 keepers in my team, which means fewer trades for upgrades. Im willing to take the gamble, but I will wait for the end of the NAB :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the math on it- what do you expect masten/morabito to earn points wise.

next, the extra money spent elsewhere-how many more points will that get you?
Yeah but the more money you spend on other players the less likely they are to improve. E.g you could go with Morabito + Bartel combination or a Masten + Armitage combination. By choosing Morabito over Masten with the spare cash you are most likely to upgrade a mid-pricer with great potential improvement to a premium with little potential improvement. If you use this logic all the time then your team will be full with gun players and rookies wihch might not be the smart move.

Yeah but the more money you spend on other players the less likely they are to improve. E.g you could go with Morabito + Bartel combination or a Masten + Armitage combination. By choosing Morabito over Masten with the spare cash you are most likely to upgrade a mid-pricer with great potential improvement to a premium with little potential improvement. If you use this logic all the time then your team will be full with gun players and rookies wihch might not be the smart move.

But then you're banking on Masten/Armitage to become guns.

At least with a premium, you're pretty sure of what you're gonna get. Masten/Armitage could bust but Bartel is a safe bet with only one player potentially going bust in Morabito.

Hey guys,

Originally my midfield consisted of 2 and a half premiums (Bartel, Pendlebury, Watson), 1 mid pricer (Masten) and 2 cheapies (Trengove, Martin)

But I'm considering going the 3 rookie strategy, and replacing Masten with Morabito to free up cash.

Do you guys think this is wise, or will it blow up in my face? Personally I think the risk is worth the reward, but I don't want to be gimping myself throughout the year. And who knows, one or two of the three might be keepers :)

You've gotta be joking right? 2 out of the 5 rookie midfielders you choose are gonna score 85+ppg avg alas Rhys Palmer '08 and Joel Selwood '07. Daniel Rich was just barely an acceptable 6th midfielder (depending on the rest of your midfielder) and he scored the best avg of the year with 75ppg. And thats not even counting if they actually play enough games. Lets get reasonable people.

You've gotta be joking right? 2 out of the 5 rookie midfielders you choose are gonna score 85+ppg avg alas Rhys Palmer '08 and Joel Selwood '07. Daniel Rich was just barely an acceptable 6th midfielder (depending on the rest of your midfielder) and he scored the best avg of the year with 75ppg. And thats not even counting if they actually play enough games. Lets get reasonable people.

Andy Otten was pretty solid when he played. Liam Anthony was pretty much a keeper as well.

There that's 3 from last year that at different stages were pretty much as good as a 400k midfielder.

From what I've seen thus far, the only rookie I'd be confident could play 22 games and average 70+ is Dustin Martin. Shuey and Jetta have also shown that they'll be good options, but there's still question marks over their places in their respective sides.

What you think of

Corey
Pendles
Kornes
Masten
Martin
McVeigh

Bastinac
Shuey

I really want a Montagna/Ablett in there though.
If that doesnt look super enticing I could downgrade Goddard to Enright (i know they're defenders, well Goddard can be MID too) I can get Montagna + Bartel for Corey and Pendles.

What you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back