DT rucks 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

It is one concern i have about buying fallen premiums who have a few question marks over them. What if up to round 8, petrie has averaged 70 and you think he can come back to average around 80, but then he doesnt. Your in trouble! Thats why IMO you should try to only trade in certain, proven, players.

Simmo is king :D

EDIT: sorry, this post was in reply to cruisers post above. Forgot to press show quote thingo!

what are everyones thoughts on Jamie Charman this season for DT? What should he average, will he get injured, ect?

I noticed that Mr Fantasy rated him a "bargain buy" in the AFL Record Season Guide. I just don't see how Charman's DT history has shown anything positive, though. He has conceded the most free kicks against of any player the last few seasons (he's been in the top 10 for FA in the last few years). I don't see where the improvement will come from.

Can someone tell me about the rookie ruck prospects?

You can't expect high averages from young ruckmen, but your best bet is to pick the ones that will get games. Choose rookies from teams with limited depth in their rucks. Sydney is one example, with Jolly being their only true ruckman, and Roberts-Thompson perhaps needed down back with the injury to Barry and the retirement of Kennelly.

The con about McIntosh everyone is that he suffers TOG and has in the last few seasons due to the fact of Petrie Hale etc with them all rotating. In my opinion Mcintosh will average around 70 this season because of this issue.

His Tog issue was more to do with his fitness, each time he goes off he is completely knackered. Apparantly is much fitter this year, basing himself on Dean Cox with his training.

its true he has had fitness issues before
apparently when we drafted him he couldnt run 1 lap of the oval which i find hard to beleive

Thought id post my thoughts on the $75300 rucks – i know that they don’t provide much value, but id just thought id post my thoughts on the most popular options:

Jake Orreal: To be honest, i cant see him getting games, even if jolly goes down. IMO, currie will get 8-10 games in 2009. White will play most weeks (probably 15+ games for the year). If jolly went down, white and currie would do the rucking. If Jolly and currie went down, i think white would play front man with goodes and LRT pinch hitting a bit. I spose if white/jolly went down, there would be a chance of elevation.

Jake Spencer: With meeson, Johnson and Jamar ahead of him, and Valenti on the rookie list still (who i think would be the first elevated, even if a ruck went down with a LTI – after that theres hughes and zomer who are both mature age too), i think it may be hard for spencer. However, Jamar is currently injured with his foot, so you never know. But, we do know Melbourne are a team likely to give youngsters a go.

Christian Bock: He is 205cm, but weighs 82kg. He needs another 15kgs. Maybe in 2012?

Joel Tippett: Mature age and averaged 12 possessions, and 21 hitouts for the Suncoast Lions last year. A bit light on (88kgs/194cm). My main concern is, that he didn’t even get a game on Saturday and Brisbanes ruck stocks were severly limited, with brennan rucking most of the time. However, when they interviewed charman during the telecast, he did tell us that leue and himself were still a few weeks away. And with no other ruck prospects at the club, if one goes down with a LTI, he could get elevated – however being left out on Saturday does make this situation seem a little unlikely, though i still think he's one of the better picks at this price.

Mike Pyke: Very new to the game, unlikely to get games before currie/orreal, however he is ready made and an exceptional elite athlete – he is 25 years old, 200cm and 104kg – its just the skills that will hold him back for a year or two.

Just my thoughts...

Thought id post my thoughts on the $75300 rucks – i know that they don’t provide much value, but id just thought id post my thoughts on the most popular...

Lakey I think you missed the best one. Sam Jacobs from Carlton. Carlton have Warnock (injured), Cam Cloke (still KO'ed?), Hampson (didn't manage many games last season, so is he out of favour?), and then Kreuzer (playing forward).

If Warnock misses the first few rounds through injury, then it'll be Cloke and Hampson rucking you'd think. If Kreuzer is really going to play CHF as suggested, then there is hope for Jacobs if Hampson or Cloke fall out of favour.

Indeed i did. Hes already been on rookie list for i think 2 years? or maybe this is his second? Should be ready made by now and could get a good run - good summary there BW4PM.

Carlton do have 4 Rucks on their list though (according to fanfooty). Who says kruezer wouldnt ruck if they needed him too? Hes now 99kgs and 200cm too - thats 5kgs heavier than what FF has him listed at (i presume from last year).

I think Will Sullivan, Connelly and oreal ar the best 75k players. Their is also an article on Pyke about getting plenty of ruck time during the nab cup wound 1 game. Roos also said they want to find their 2nd string ruck, so whoever performs the best White, Pyke, Orreal or Currie the favourite will get this role. Sydney also have plenty of senior squad positions to fill. Barry, Fosdike and Kennely (however reitrements i am unsure about)

Sullivan looked quite impressive from watching the TV against the pies. I like the way he moved and won a few hitouts, he looked decent. Also with NN struggling whos the eagles 3rd tall. Could he be put on LTI or B.Waters who i suspect to be on LTI and Sullivan be brought in just in case of an injury to Seaby or Cox. I see him as the best option.

Connelly, well im unsure about him. But by just looking at freos rucks you woud think he has a better chance than most others. Gilmore, Bradley are their 2nd and 3rd string rucks and they and Gilmore seems to be struggling a bit. I wouold think an injury to Sandilands could mean this kid is brought up for a chance.

I doubt Sullivan would get much/any game time, Seaby is still beating him and Lynch can ruck in case of injury (god forbid).

I currently have Sullivan as my 4th bench ruckman, as i was pretty impressed by his performance against the Pies. Given there are a couple of players injured, or so i hear, i'm hoping he'll get elevated during the season if there is an ongoing injury. Although, Cockie also impressed so these two will be battling it out for a spot on the senior list if the Eagles have a LTI.

Sam Jacobs is another i am looking at, but i can't see him being elevated unless there is an LTI, and even then i can't see him being given a spot ahead of Pfeiffer, Ellard or Garlett given we already have 3 or 4 senior players capable of playing in the ruck. His only chance would be being a nominated rookie at the start of the season. Either way, i'll be interested to see how he fares in his first game against the Roos this Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes i missed sullivan too. Yeh this is exactly my thoughts. He's no chance IMO. If cox went down, seaby, nicnat would go, if nicnat was still out, seaby and lynch would go.

I'm sorry I really can't see Sullivan playing this year and would be a poor choice. The only way I can see him getting promoted would be if Seaby and Cox both got serious injuries, otherwise we'll be promoting Davis then Cockie (order may change, this is my tip).

Doubt it, but a possibility. Hes playing on sunday apparently so will be interesting to see.

He is more ready made than anyone - elite rugby player - so he knows the deal on being a professional athlete. Just the skills, if he picks up the skills quickly (will see on sunday) then maybe, but yeh. Not sure if they will elevate anyone for barry at all - they will want him in the team, and im not sure how long he will be out for so might not be worth it for just the first 5-6 weeks. White play KP, currie ruck if they have to.

His Tog issue was more to do with his fitness, each time he goes off he is completely knackered. Apparantly is much fitter this year, basing himself on Dean Cox with his training.

I read this on the AFL website and thought that it rang a bell. As it turns out, McIntosh made similar kinds of comments on 17 May 2008 before the Kangaroos played West Coast. Despite talking up the contest, McIntosh scored 67 compared to Cox's 109.

I had McIntosh last year, but even prior to his injury he didn't seem to possess the mobility required around the ground to challenge the top rucks in Dream Team. Personally, I am staying away from him until I see some evidence that this has changed (over a season).

I think that if we end up relying on our fourth ruck for money or points, we are well and truly ****ed. I respect research, but this is ridiculous.

I think Will Sullivan, Connelly and oreal ar the best 75k players. Their is also an article on Pyke about getting plenty of ruck time during the nab cup wound 1 game. Roos also said they want to find their 2nd string ruck, so whoever performs the best White, Pyke, Orreal or Currie the favourite will get this role. Sydney also have plenty of senior squad positions to fill. Barry, Fosdike and Kennely (however reitrements i am unsure about)

Sullivan looked quite impressive from watching the TV against the pies. I like the way he moved and won a few hitouts, he looked decent. Also with NN struggling whos the eagles 3rd tall. Could he be put on LTI or B.Waters who i suspect to be on LTI and Sullivan be brought in just in case of an injury to Seaby or Cox. I see him as the best option.

Connelly, well im unsure about him. But by just looking at freos rucks you woud think he has a better chance than most others. Gilmore, Bradley are their 2nd and 3rd string rucks and they and Gilmore seems to be struggling a bit. I wouold think an injury to Sandilands could mean this kid is brought up for a chance.

Got a new username DWD?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13711975&postcount=18

Old Penlybury has blown your cover :D

NicNat won't be put on the LTI list - his injury isn't that bad. Not sure whether Beau will be either. In any case it'll probably be Davis or Cockie who get promoted.

I doubt Sullivan would get much/any game time, Seaby is still beating him and Lynch can ruck in case of injury (god forbid).

Agree.

Righto I've gone back over a few pages on this thread and can't find him mentioned, can't be bothered looking through all 50. So, who can give me some insightful reasons for not picking....

Dean Brogan?

Righto I've gone back over a few pages on this thread and can't find him mentioned, can't be bothered looking through all 50. So, who can give me some insightful reasons for not picking....

Dean Brogan?

Why do you want reasons not to pick him?

If you want to find posts re: Brogan, use the 'Search this thread' function at the top of the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT rucks 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back