DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts with the 2 premium strategy vs the 1 premium ruck strategy?

Im a little concerned being in the position of the one premium strategy, but than again id probably be a little worried about the 2 premium rucks ive picked.

Really the rucks look like a headache this year. If your luck enough to have picked Ryder and Kreuzer or one with Cox/Sandi than you're probably in the best possible situation right now. Not alot else has really performed that well.

Renouf is likely to return soon and lower Reddens TOG
While the Big O even though apparently under the weather did not play last week and was the sub the first round.

He may struggle even if he does play. Back injuries are a bitch, even just a pinched nerve can give you grief and restrict movement for weeks.

Thinking the same. Tough to judge who would be a good replacement..

Not sure how sandi is going fitness wise
ryder has bellchambre coming back most likely
cox will drop in price
Giles has brogan back

Who do ppl like?

Do you reckon Mummy's injury is bad enough to consider trading him?

Back issues and ruckman dont gell well together..always a worry. And he has only been on the bike in the gym..no training. Will wait and see how he trains (supposedly) today but if he misses again it might be time.

He looked sluggish V GWS and had two weeks off to come up last week and didnt so there obvious concern in the sydney camp..

Hille is out for a few weeks ... anyway I could afford Ryder .. but have gone Kruezin instead .. I think he will be the better .. but it's a gamble .. only time will tell to see if I made the right decision!

oh and the swap was for Hale .. not Mummy .. don't have him

Hale is GAWN. McCauly is already getting more of a run, imagine when bailey gets back. The Hale experiment is a failure. I'm moving on before I miss out on Redden's price increase.

I already have Redden so i guess im in a slightly different boat.

For me im pretty sold on keeping Hale through the byes rounds will be quite important. Hopefully he doesn't get Rutten and the hawks play Roughead forward with Hale and Buddy. Crows don't have the defense to stand up to that and one or two could have a big day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Hale at your own peril.

I'm surprised that you haven't conceded that one yet. You could trade him for Kruezer and have 16k change this week. The same trade next week will cost you 30k+

I like Hale's DP link, but if you're using him as a forward, it's a bit of a waste ATM. Can't see him averaging any higher than 75 this year.

I'm surprised that you haven't conceded that one yet. You could trade him for Kruezer and have 16k change this week. The same trade next week will cost you 30k+

I like Hale's DP link, but if you're using him as a forward, it's a bit of a waste ATM. Can't see him averaging any higher than 75 this year.

Like your posting of late James and you bring up a good point. He certainly has come across my mind but i think i have more confidence in him then others it seems.

I still cant see him avg any less then 80 for a few reasons.

His NAB cup he scores 114, 106 and 85 from memory. The 114 and 85 came when Bailey was in the side and played 70% of the game. So the McCaulay argument doesn't factor in with me.

I picked him off a very good NAB cup and the fact that his TOG was dramatically increasing compared to last season. Last year he avg 75% TOG. In the Nab he avg 85% TOG from the important games. So far in the first 2 rounds he has played 84% (R1) and 88% (R2). So increase TOG is only a good thing.

In the first game he gave away 3 FAs and scored 68 so potentially take those out of his game and its 77 - not bad at all against the pies. The next game he scores just 55 again 2FA's so potentially 61 in hail and pouring rain in a loss to the cats. I don't just look at the scores on face value.

The real problem or concern i have is in the NAB Buddy played higher and Roughy didn't play at all. Now with Buddy mostly forward they always kick the footy to him and with Roughead, Hale becomes the 3rd option so less footy in his direction. I will watch this to see how it pans out, right now Hale isn't one of my top worries, he isn't going to lose a lot of cash, a solid game this week will see him gain in value.

So hes one i will be trying to watch closely to see how purely Roughead effects his scores. IMO the hawks may well look to use Roughead down back like they did against Geelong for periods of that game or they may Look to use Hale as the number one ruck and switch forward with Roughead for a cut out once he gets more game time. I just hope Hale doesn't get dropped.

I took Kruezer and the cash and will look for a replacement for Mumford.

Renouf and Brogan will be back in their respective sides. Until we see the roles the rookie ruckman play we won't know how they will score in DT. I'm comfortable holding Giles and Redden on the bench for the bye rounds, after which they will be cash cows. But to maximise the weekly scores I'll need a replacement for Mumford if the injury looks to linger and affect scoring capacity. See how this week goes to see if replacing him is urgent.

Trade Hale at your own peril.

I picked Hale initially because Bailey was out for a few months and the Hawks had no other recognised ruckmen. He also had good NAB cup form. Clarkson the little #*$& also said Roughy would not play ruck this year. I tuned into the game on Monday to see McCauley (a rookie) as first ruck and then Roughy relieving him at stages during the game.

Buddy was occupying the forward 50mts one out, so where the hell does that leave Hale?!? :confused:

I thought Hale was bound to be subbed out in the last qtr, and was pleasantly surprised to see the red vest go to McCauley. Not that he added much to his score...

The question is would have I picked Hale given his current role? Definitely not. :mad:

I now have more information than I did two weeks ago, and on that basis, I'll be making a corrective trade and ditching him.

I picked Hale initially because Bailey was out for a few months and the Hawks had no other recognised ruckmen. He also had good NAB cup form. Clarkson the little #*$& also said Roughy would not play ruck this year. I tuned into the game on Monday to see McCauley (a rookie) as first ruck and then Roughy relieving him at stages during the game.

Buddy was occupying the forward 50mts one out, so where the hell does that leave Hale?!? :confused:

I thought Hale was bound to be subbed out in the last qtr, and was pleasantly surprised to see the red vest go to McCauley. Not that he added much to his score...

The question is would have I picked Hale given his current role? Definitely not. :mad:

I now have more information than I did two weeks ago, and on that basis, I'll be making a corrective trade and ditching him.

^ This eloquently put, exactly my reasoning.

Well Said Ghippo but he still spent plenty of time in the ruck its where he got all his handballs and he had 17 odd hitouts. He also added 20 points in the last quarter from memory so he did fine in the last considering how wet it was.

I must admit i was also feeling a red vest for Hale, McCaulay was much better up until that point and maybe Clarko wishes he did vest Hale looking back.

As much as Buddy occupies the forward 50 he plays higher up and Hale plays 20m out and also rotates into the ruck role.

He did have 5 more hitouts (17-12) than McCaulay.

He is a worry and will be closely monitored also i see some other promising forward premiums coming along.

Lets just see how he goes against struggling tall back lines in Crows, Saints and Swans in the next 4 weeks.

Well Said Ghippo but he still spent plenty of time in the ruck its where he got all his handballs and he had 17 odd hitouts. He also added 20 points in the last quarter from memory so he did fine in the last considering how wet it was.

I must admit i was also feeling a red vest for Hale, McCaulay was much better up until that point and maybe Clarko wishes he did vest Hale looking back.

As much as Buddy occupies the forward 50 he plays higher up and Hale plays 20m out and also rotates into the ruck role.

He did have 5 more hitouts (17-12) than McCaulay.

He is a worry and will be closely monitored also i see some other promising forward premiums coming along.

Lets just see how he goes against struggling tall back lines in Crows, Saints and Swans in the next 4 weeks.

He won't get dropped and is playing his role well for Hawthorn. Unfortunately, that isn't the role that I selected him to play for my side.

I had optimistically hoped for an 80+ average from Hale. Which wasn't outrageous given that is what he averaged through the back half of last year, that was with Bailey playing in the side.

If Bailey was there I wouldn't have selected him. I didn't anticipate the emergence of Roughy, McCauley and Gunston playing key roles, so early in the season. As such, I don't see Hale getting more than rookie scores, so I feel I can use the cash better elsewhere.

But I hope he works out for you.

Any news on if Mummy trained today or not?

Or has training not started yet for Sydney????

Trained, not sure how well. Will be named however all dependant how he pulls up tommorow and you could see a repeat of last week's late omission - which is fine for those with giles cover I guess - but his score will be affected by the brogan effect.

Trained, not sure how well. Will be named however all dependant how he pulls up tommorow and you could see a repeat of last week's late omission - which is fine for those with giles cover I guess - but his score will be affected by the brogan effect.

Hmmmm......still have my doubts over whether or not he will play this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back