DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where to put this but anyway..... If I have Roughead in my forwards, can I move him into the rucks for Redden and bring in a rookie forward? Or do I need to have a fwd/ruck link? I think Roughy could be a good POD for those looking to offload Mummy. Has a better bye than Cox, HMac etc.

Not sure where to put this but anyway..... If I have Roughead in my forwards, can I move him into the rucks for Redden and bring in a rookie forward? Or do I need to have a fwd/ruck link? I think Roughy could be a good POD for those looking to offload Mummy. Has a better bye than Cox, HMac etc.

With Roughead in the FWD, you can trade out Redden, then press the "S" button next to Roughead's name in the trade window. Then he goes into the ruck position and you can trade in a FWD player.

On a similar theme to the above post, anyone with Hale considering establishing the DPP link into the rucks?

Given the carnage (Mummy, Sandilands, Luey injured, Goldstein dropped, Redden & Stephenson not playing), having an extra ruck option might be handy.

And by using Hale, you aren't leaving heaps of cash not playing on your bench.

I have Sandilands, Giles, Redden & Stephenson at the moment.

My thoughts are currently this;

Trade Redden/Stephenson to Rowe/Pattison (cheap Ruc/Fwd DPP).

Allows me to avoid the Sandilands donut this week, but more importantly gives me an extra option to use if situations like this week happen again.

Really don't want to trade Sandilands (only got him in last week for Mumford).

I know Rowe and Pattison probably won't play, but it will allow me to move Hale as required between Rucks & forwards.

I should be able to hide Rowe/Pattison at R4/F9 most of the year.

Any thoughts?

WTF is going on this year? At the end of last year I was looking forward to finally having a variety of premiums to choose from rather than just Cox/Sandi. Instead it's been the biggest head **** in DT this year.

A summary of what's happened so far:

Cox: Bleeding money. Question marks over whether he's still a premium with Nic Nac taking all his hitouts. Might be worth trading in with his price so low.

Goldstein: In shit form and hence was dropped, not before his price nose-dived. H-Mac will ruin his scoring for the rest of the year.

Leuenberger:
Recruitment of Hudson and Longer combined with injury has ruined his scoring. That and a LTI.

Mumford: 2 games. 2 late withdrawals and a LTI. Still looks a few weeks away.

McEvoy: Was going ok. Now out for 4-6. Late withdrawal hurt a few.

Sandilands: Dominated with a 109 average but struggling with injury. Not sure when he's due back. Dockers will play it safe with him since they have depth with Griffin and Clarke.

Ryder: Started well but is fading. Looks like Bellchambers will take over a lot of his rucking duties. Wont average 90.

Nic Nat: A good young player but not DT relevant yet. Maybe in supercoach.

Kreuzer: See Nic Nat. Minus the supercoach bit.

Hille: Gawn.

Cordy: Playing some games but scoring is medicore and not really a cash cow.

Longer: Starting to get some games but only averaging 40. Not going to make much money. Round 11 bye.

Redden:
Would be a good cow if he could get a game. Renouf has been shit the last two weeks so maybe he gets a look in soon?

Stephenson: Again can't get a game. Both Redden and Stephenson have left a number of us open to 0's with so many others being injured.

And some good:

Giles:Thank god for him. Unlikely that he sustains his 80 average though.

Jacobs: The only premium that seems to have performed. Still his average is 87. Not ideal. Also shares the round 11 bye with Giles and H-Mac.

H-Mac:
Has been the pick of the ruckmen so far given his bargain price, but with Goldstein waiting in the wings is his 95 average sustainable? Also shares a bye with Giles.

Maric: Moving into premium territory and came cheap. Round 13 bye will also work with most others having round 11. Can he keep up the 90+ scores?

Bellchambers/Minson: Surely not. I don't even want to think of these two as options. The guy who got destroyed by Angus Graham in the VFL last year just can't be a premium option can he?

On a similar theme to the above post, anyone with Hale considering establishing the DPP link into the rucks?

Exactly what I did..but before the season started...not sure wasting two trades now is worth it.

Hale fwd in a dpp with Pattison.

As soon as I lost Mumford I switched Hale to ruck, and traded Hale out for a forward (Mitch Robinson).

Pattison is useless but hes done the job already for me by being switchable for Hale. How often do you use your fourth ruck anyway

NOw if only Redden can get a game....

Barry_Badrinath said:
And some good:

Giles:Thank god for him. Unlikely that he sustains his 80 average though.

Jacobs: The only premium that seems to have performed. Still his average is 87. Not ideal. Also shares the round 11 bye with Giles and H-Mac.

H-Mac: Has been the pick of the ruckmen so far given his bargain price, but with Goldstein waiting in the wings is his 95 average sustainable? Also shares a bye with Giles.

Maric: Moving into premium territory and came cheap. Round 13 bye will also work with most others having round 11. Can he keep up the 90+ scores?

Bellchambers/Minson: Surely not. I don't even want to think of these two as options. The guy who got destroyed by Angus Graham in the VFL last year just can't be a premium option can he?

Bellchambers and Roughead (mentioned above) both missed Round 1, so very few would've picked them. Take them out.

There have only been 5 rucks who have been good picks this year: Giles, Jacobs, HMac, Maric and Minson. Maric is the only one without a Round 11 bye. In other words, it would've been literally impossible to have picked 4 rucks who have played every game, averaged 85+ and scored well for their price without guaranteeing yourself a 0 in the bye rounds. Wow.

I'm happy I went with Jacobs. Was a unique at the start of the year with about 4% ownership, but has been the only premium ruck who's played every game and scored as expected (the others have all been mid-pricers).

Bellchambers and Roughead (mentioned above) both missed Round 1, so very few would've picked them. Take them out.

There have only been 5 rucks who have been good picks this year: Giles, Jacobs, HMac, Maric and Minson. Maric is the only one without a Round 11 bye. In other words, it would've been literally impossible to have picked 4 rucks who have played every game, averaged 85+ and scored well for their price without guaranteeing yourself a 0 in the bye rounds. Wow.

I'm happy I went with Jacobs. Was a unique at the start of the year with about 4% ownership, but has been the only premium ruck who's played every game and scored as expected (the others have all been mid-pricers).

I don't agree.
If you went a 2 premium strategy, and got Giles as well there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the selection of Sandilands.

I went with Cox , Sandilands and Giles.
Cox has dropped in value ( I thought he might ) but remains one of the top scorers.
Sandiland has missed a couple but scored well when he played. Giles has covered for his injury nicely.

The selection of Sandilands will depend on how he runs out the rest of the year. Two weeks out is hardly a disaster.

I nearly got McIntosh though ( got him for SC ) and kicking myself that I didn't.

SaintsSeptember said:
I don't agree.
If you went a 2 premium strategy, and got Giles as well there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the selection of Sandilands.

That's nice, but I didn't say he was a bad pick, I said that everyone apart from Jacobs, Maric, McIntosh, Minson and Giles have either not scored enough to be a good option, scored below their starting price and/or missed games.

That's nice, but I didn't say he was a bad pick, I said that everyone apart from Jacobs, Maric, McIntosh, Minson and Giles have either not scored enough to be a good option, scored below their starting price and/or missed games.

You can say the same about a lot of positions though.

Pendlebury/Goddard/Boyd/Mitchell : Scored below starting price.
Ablett/Selwood : missed games.

Yeah there are less players in the ruck so there's less good picks as well.

( 2 weeks ago Swan had lost money, I'm glad I bought him then, now he's back up - I wouldn't put money on Cox staying down as the year progresses either, he might be a good upgrade from McEvoy ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox or McIntosh.

They're pretty equal for mine so might pocket the extra 30k from Mcintosh.

If you want to think short term. Naitanui was out last week and Cox got a pretty good score. Nic is out again this week.

Goldstein back in for the Kanga's but he doesn't seem to affect McIntosh's score anyway.

one of the guys in our league always, and i mean always, stuffs up his rucks. He's a solid player too, has finished around the top 700 for the last 3 years. Every season we've played (5) his rucks have killed him. His starting combo always looks ok, but falls apart at some stage.

His list of vistims (in no order) include kreuzer, cox, the biscuit, mcintosh, warnock.

He just told me he reckons he'll be going with a sandi/burger and a side of orren.

It's up to you, but you have been warned. I'm avoiding all 3 of these guys now.

Fwiw i'm not sold on orren as a monty to play a lot of games. I really like the younger cats rucks and figure at least one of them takes a big step next year.
boom!!

Ryder was unstoppable last night, we had no one that could match him, really looks to have stepped up his game this year.

I've got a very standard set-up:

Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Stephenson.

So looking at two donuts in round 11. But not sure it's worth trading to avoid them, will probably just cop it. And also unsure what to do if Jacobs or Giles are going to miss. Is it worth having someone sitting on the bench?

Probably not going to do anything until forced to but pretty unsure what to do.

2 gun rucks is officially a failure, when I'm able to leave Ryder on the pine. Question is: what to do with Giles? Keep or cash in?

keep until he slows down in the second half of the year like smith did. However Giles looks a lot more developed and fitter than Smith so he might be a season keeper should average 85

keep until he slows down in the second half of the year like smith did. However Giles looks a lot more developed and fitter than Smith so he might be a season keeper should average 85

Giles is 24, built like a brick shithouse and is at his peak, physically at least. I can only see him improving his average with more experience at AFL level. I have no doubt that he will average 90+ this year and play close to every game. Will end up a top 5 ruck this year IMHO.

Giles is 24, built like a brick shithouse and is at his peak, physically at least. I can only see him improving his average with more experience at AFL level. I have no doubt that he will average 90+ this year and play close to every game. Will end up a top 5 ruck this year IMHO.

Yeah, Giles in a keeper. Also got to be lovin' Maric (for those that grabbed him). Would like to see him working on his conditioning, he's been dominating in the first half and fading in the second. Avg 90 at the moment, hopefully will continue to rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back