DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DT/SC Questions here: Read thread first please

Fair enough. Is he in your best 25? Who would he be competing with for a spot in the 22?

I think Rockliff will only get a game getting into the forward line. However, if he keeps up what he did last week through the NAB cup he might get a shot. Voss is pretty good at playing the kids, and if they show good solid form they usual earn a call up, space permitting. Just can't see him forcing someone else out of the middle though. One to wach during the NAB cup.

Have been experimenting with SC team- am starting to think that Ablett at $744K is overpriced- 140pts average looks hard to replicate.

Redden at $313 000 is enormous value for us.

I think I may risk Ablett- any thoughts

Redden is looking good. Showed last year in his first season he can get points, his position in the team is pretty safe, at least for one of the younger guys. He is still largely unproven though, so there is some risk there. I wont make many decisions on anyone until the lead up to week 1

Hey guys, just wondering what is keeping Sheldon out of the NAB Cup/Challenge squads at the moment? Has he had another injury interrupted pre-season?

We usually rotate a lot of players during the NAB. Lots of players out, including Rich, only to give some other guys some game time. Last 2 games will give a better picture of the team we will go into round 1 with. Read nothing into the ins and outs of this weeks side.

That media accreditation you've somehow wangled has opened all sorts of doors for you, SB. :eek:

Surprised?

I just approached him after he was interviewed by someone and just started talking to him.

He did also mention Buchanan as one who will go very well this year. So far, he is spot on with his assessment on Buchanan.

I reckon Brisbane will go well this year although I only have two players in my side so far.

Rockliff and Austin. I'm happy with Rockliff (not just based on his NAB Cup match) but a bit ??? about Austin. I think he will get game time this year. Anyone think else wise?

...t a bit ??? about Austin. I think he will get game time this year. Anyone think else wise?

Far from certain I would have thought. With Adcock back from injury and with Raines and Maguire being added to the list and with Johnstone being trialled down back in the NAB Cup there is a lot of competition for his spot in the team. He's not in my starting 22.

Far from certain I would have thought. With Adcock back from injury and with Raines and Maguire being added to the list and with Johnstone being trialled down back in the NAB Cup there is a lot of competition for his spot in the team. He's not in my starting 22.
Alright... down to one Lion then! Cheers for that.

I reckon Brisbane will go well this year although I only have two players in my side so far.

Rockliff and Austin. I'm happy with Rockliff (not just based on his NAB Cup match) but a bit ??? about Austin. I think he will get game time this year. Anyone think else wise?

Austin is fringe at the moment (especially with Buchanan, Staker, Raines and Clarke all pressing for spots in the middle and off half back). Wouldn't bank on him playing every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if this has been done, but how is Rockliff looking in terms of the amount of games he'll be playing this year?

Really hard to say. Had another great game v carlton, if he keeps up these performances he will be in the team round 1. can't ignore good form like he has. Still yet to see how he fits in the team with all our mids playing.

Polkinghorne.

Round 1 NAB game wasn't entirely the ideal conditions to judge his performance. Haven't heard much about his game yesterday so it's assumed he was quiet.

Is he still in Brisbane's best 22 or does he slide out?

after the charman injury had to reboot my team,
what do use guys rekkon about mitch clarke this year?
will he keep up with his 09 standards?

Polkinghorne.

Round 1 NAB game wasn't entirely the ideal conditions to judge his performance. Haven't heard much about his game yesterday so it's assumed he was quiet.

Is he still in Brisbane's best 22 or does he slide out?

Polkinghorne seems to have received the biggest plaudits for his preseason, but doesn't seem to have done much in the two preseason games. There are probably about 13 certainties to play in round 1. IMO he would be in the next group of 'likely'.

after the charman injury had to reboot my team,
what do use guys rekkon about mitch clarke this year?
will he keep up with his 09 standards?

Who knows?:confused: Hopefully he does.

Cheers Grim.

I am steering away from Drummo. Too much of an injury concern. If he plays on a wing, he may take a little while to work into it. If he plays in defence, he'll cop a forward tagger each week. There's just too much that could go wrong, IMO.

What can you guys tell me about Rockliff?

Cheers

Dunno, go back about 10 posts and see...

This thread realy should be renamed "I'm too lazy to do my own research but i will gloat when i pwn you with my uber dreamcoach team!"

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back