DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DT/SC Questions here: Read thread first please

How come Drummond hasn't been playing this Pre Season? I am considering him in SC. How has his Pre Season been anyway?

How come Drummond hasn't been playing this Pre Season? I am considering him in SC.

He played last week and has been named to play tomorrow.

With the structure of my midfield, In have space for a 94k rookie in my team who is a bit unique. I have had Jetta, but I'm not convinced... I quite like the look of Todd Banfield! What are Brisbane fans thoughts? Do you think he is best 22?

Buchanan.

How's he traveling? Definite starter in the 22? What's Voss got in mind for him?

Could be a great unique and surprise packet in SC this year perhaps (If he gets his 2006 avg of 90 back). I have Dangerfield, but i'm just not convinced and everyone will probably have him.

Reported to have had a good preseason. Reported to have done fairly well in the NAB Cup. I would be quite surprised if he wasn't playing in round 1.

With the structure of my midfield, In have space for a 94k rookie in my team who is a bit unique. I have had Jetta, but I'm not convinced... I quite like the look of Todd Banfield! What are Brisbane fans thoughts? Do you think he is best 22?
Probably in best 25 but will be tried out for sure at some stage possibly early in the season and might stay in.Is not a terrible pick for reserve mid at all IMO.

Yea I'm going with Bastinac... but it's very hard to stick away from the banner, bastinac, shuey, barlow etc.
And I thought I might have found a breakthrough with Banfield :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry was that about Buchanon or Banfield? :thumbsu:

Buchanan.

Whether Banfield will play or not is up for debate.

brennan guys, have not heard much and looks like he has not been getting much TOG.

Like the look of him for SC, any concerns regarding his fitness?
With Charman going down, will he be spending time in the ruck?

brennan guys, have not heard much and looks like he has not been getting much TOG.

Like the look of him for SC, any concerns regarding his fitness?
With Charman going down, will he be spending time in the ruck?

No fitness concerns as far as I'm aware. I guess TOG might go down a little as he'll be more a part of the midfield rotation. Equally, with his flexibility, he might also spend more time forward. I can't see his scoring going down, to be honest and, if he takes the next step as a midfielder, then it could well go up.

At this point in time, with Clark and Leunberger fit, it looks as though Voss will go with a 2 ruck strategy. Therefore, Brennan's ruck time will be minimal, unless we suffer another injury in the ruck division.

The OP sounds unsure about Drummond, but I am trying to fill my blue ribbon defender slot (SC) and it's out of him or Gilbert or Fischer from the saints. Drummond is actually the costliest. Is he overpriced?

The OP sounds unsure about Drummond, but I am trying to fill my blue ribbon defender slot (SC) and it's out of him or Gilbert or Fischer from the saints. Drummond is actually the costliest. Is he overpriced?

Not overpriced but very risky due to his injury problems. I'd go with Gilbert.

Re: 2010 DT/SC Player Analysis (Ask your questions here)

Rucks are very difficult this year. Below are some of my thoughts on the major canditates:

Cox - will get less TOG and has had an interrupted preseason. WC are easing him into it but he can score and has done it before when Seaby was getting decent TOG. He usually starts strongly so it pays to get onboard early. I might wait and see on him this year.

Sandilands - his scoring has just gone up and up each year. Will he continue to do that now that Freo have other options to work through? I also worry that he is due for an injury. No basis for that thought but there you go.

Clark - how will he go with less TOG? If he can be on the ground for 66% of the time I will be onboard with him. He started slow last year so there is a bit of upside in last year's average all things being equal.

Jolly - difficult call to make. There won't be as many stoppages as with Sydney but he will have more open space to operate and more skilled players to get him the ball. They could also really use him up forward when resting and he makes a good target. Wood and Fraser will take time out of him although note Wood has just gone down with an injury (6 weeks I think it was mentioned).

Fraser - what position is he going to play? He will have substantially less time in the ruck but if they let him wander around as a high half forward he could pick up a lot of ball. He rarely if ever plays the entire season. So not durable and big question marks over his position - probably not.

Kreuzer - Ratten has said that he wants to play him in the forward line and he has followed through with that in the preseason to date. It has been an unmitigated failure and you would have to think even Ratten would see that (although I do have concerns about his intelligence). I expect him back as the number 1 ruck come round 1 although as only a third year ruck he is no certainty to increase his scoring. He is already at historic highs for his years in the game.

Brogan - no Lade and no decent backup he will get all the TOG he can handle. Age and his tendancy to pick up niggles are the concern. Has not looked good so far.

McIntosh - if Goldstein wasn't waiting in the wings for more TOG he would be a very safe option. Still he has shown pretty good scoring ability when sharing the rucking role and he wouldn't be the most risky option out there.

Hille - looks like coming straight back into the number 1 slot which should reassure you. Will split time with Ryder with both spending time on the ground together with one in the ruck and one up forward. Indications are that he should get decent TOG. Despite a good 2008 he looked poor last year before his injury averaging 20 points less than the year before. So there are plenty of legitimate concerns about his scoring capacity without even considering that he is coming back from a year out with knee surgery and hasn't done a full preseason. Consider but beware.

Ryder - plays the ruck a lot like Clark and can score when he is given freedom. He ran down last year but showed he has definate scoring capacity. Is going to play time up forward this year although has shown no scoring ability when he has played as a KP. The fact that he looks to have slotted in behind Hille is a concern.

Natanui - if you take him and Cox goes down early you are going to be laughing all the way to the bank. If Cox plays though do not expect huge scoring but he could be solid. He showed good ability up forward although interestingly he did not play any time up forward with Cox back and they were not on the ground together at all virtually. He and Cox could play together I think and this should increase as the year goes on. He seems more of a SC option to me and he can score without huge TOG.

Seaby - everyone's favourite whipping boy but you could do a lot worse. He showed on the weekend that he can score and reasonably well. You know he is going to be given every chance at Sydney and the Swans love their stoppages. The one problem that he does have is that Mumford has looked better in the ruck contests so his TOG might bleed away.

Ottens - is very nicely priced and if he can stay on the park is a certainty to make you money. Durability is the obvious issue but he has at least as much scoring potential as Hille.

McEvoy - scored very well on the weekend and showed excellent scoring potential in the VFL last year. He looks to be ahead of at least King at the Saints and he could score nicely given he is a possession ruck. The fact that he is also 50k cheaper (DT) than Hille also does not hurt his case. Job security is the obvious concern.

Lobbe - the bench favourite hasn't looked great in the preseason and I would be surprised if he was selected for round 1.

Trengove - likely to play round 1 down back for Port but after that his position would be very shakey. I would take him ahead of Lobbe however.

Skipper - the Hawks really don't have anyone else. Should play quite a lot of games and if he can ever work out how to bring his VFL game to the AFL he could do wonders.

Warnock - has not shown a huge amount this preseason. People still expect him to play a lot for Carlton and if Ratten persists with Kreuzer up front then they may be right. Do not expect much scoring wise though and Hampson and Jacobs have both shown as much as Warnock so far and will be nipping at his heels.

Roughead - with Minson likely to miss early Roughhead should play and he could be a decent option. If he plays I would expect him to score more than the likes of Warnock.
I take it out of that you do not expect much from Luenberger this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Questions here (check Roster Watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back