The Sultan

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Official thread to post players that you initially had, or subsequent trades that have been absolute stinkers.

To start it off....
I had Goodes from the start thinking two browlows, killed'em last year he's a definate starter, well he has sunk quicker than the Titanic, and i still held onto him only getting rid of him last week, with $400k odd loss to contend with

I also picked up Tredrea a few weeks ago thinking he will gun it after a few games under his belt, well still waiting and Wozza has one week to go before he faces the knife.

I could forgive Frednerk for going Brennan, he seduced with his free and easy 133 in the opening round, although now he's getting SFA. Tredrea just isn't doing anything, he's in my side much to my chagrin. Port seem to be focussing too much on their flighty Indigenous forwards like N.Krakouer, Pearce, both Burgoynes and Motlop, and not enough on big Tredders. You have to love Tredrea, as he has the classic hairstyle that as Abraham Simpson would say, 'There's a haircut you can set your watch to!'

Oh, and by the way, i also have S.Burgoyne, need him to start rattling off 190's like in last year's whipping they recieved at the hands of possibly Brisbane, he scored a bomb in a loss. This year he's getting only 90's and the odd 110 or so. David Rodan can also be added to that list of forwards for Port, along with perennial forward of the ball players in Ebert and J.Mahoney.

picking a lot of players who get injured/suspended...

b. goddard
t. kennelly (meant to be out for 5, so i trade him, only misses 2)
r. robertson
n. jones
t. johnstone
c. cloke
t. croad
n. lappin
d. kerr

J.Porplyzia:eek: :eek:
M.Murphy-:eek:
R.Griffen -Dt dud
C.Jones - starting to get better once i trade him but was bad at the start

EASILY my biggest mistakes were jumping on the brennan and bock trains back in round 2. Never seen bock play and knowing little about brennan jumped on the coz of word of mouth and suffered. Mainly with brennan! Bock produced one or 2 scores of 70 but other than that was all 30's. Now i look back on it, getting rid of goodwin after round 2 was pritty dum as well! Was always gonna come good at some stage

i have made all the mistakes in the book. I'm a rookie, as well. And didn't think to much about DT until about week 3 when i was in the top 3000.

Mistakes include
Goodes - still holding out as i only got him 2 weeks ago
M.Murphy - Had from the start, and still holding on to. upgrade soon.
Tredrea - got in last week, thinking..besides last year, averaged 94. (must come good?......)
Bock - had him from the start..so didn't jump on the train.
Griffen - as a bulldogs supporter, i really thought he would move in to the midfield, he hasn't, so i blame DreamTeam for not having him listed as a back as thats where he has always played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a cracking preseason, I grabbed Rischitelli for cheap and was quite satisfied with myself.

After 8 rounds and 1 measly +100 score, I've had enough...his only saving grace was that he tackled lots! Just got rid of him for fellow tackling machine (but bigger ballwinner) James Macdonald :thumbsu:

Like many others I also fell into the Marc Murphy trap...Sandilands has also been pretty disappointing, so which media buffoons were saying that he'd be a Brownlow contender this year? :thumbsdown:

My biggest mistake was believing all the hype in that the new hands in the back rule would result in full forwards dominating like "the old days" and picking up Fev and Hall instead of guys like Johnson and Chapman.

Brennan, I had him for 3 weeks and he averaged 40.
Russell Robertson, I believed the hype of best pre season for a long time, injury free etc.
Stuck with Fev and RiskYerTelly as I have already used a lot of trades.

In hindsight,picking Burton up wasn't the smartest move. Couldn't have predicted what would happen though.

Everitt has been a disappointment. Looks like he's coming into form now though.

Replacing Johncock with Brennan after Round 2. My other options were McPhee and Adcock who haven't lived up to expectations they set early on, but at least I wouldn't have had to waste a trade getting rid of Brennan.

Also:
- Marc Murphy
- Luke Hodge ahead of a multitude of other options
- Taking Jordan Lewis out the day before deadline
- Riggio (believed the hype instead of actually researching)
- 4th ruckmen (I may change my mind on this, but I think I wasted $ because Darcy isn't appreciating)
- Not picking a consistent captain like Judd/Bartel/West/Cross, which I rectified by trading for Dal Santo aftr Round 3 (replaced Ball)
- Monfries (looked good in preseason matches and like everybody else, I thought he'd play midfield more)

The big lesson is not to believe everything you read and rely more on research and facts rather than speculation.

Far happier with my 2nd effort at SC after a pretty mediocre effort last year but still have some mistakes to own up to:
- Goodes - Got him at the start banking on 120 average, flicked him after about Rnd 6 for Lappin.
- Raines - Not shattered by his performance but could've done better for the money. Upgraded him to McPhee a week ago
- Thursfield - As a Richmond supporter I thought he'd be back bigger and better but somehow failed to put the $180k pricetag, the fact he didn't play in the preseason and his usual low possession count together as negatives. Thankkfully he's playing now, and hopefully continues to as I can't see any value trading him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC "what the F... was I thinking" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back