DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the goddard love?

Sure, he's bound to play a bit better than last year, but he's still bloody expensive.

Also, what has adcock shown the pre-season. Seems to be more unwarrented love?

You stated Goddard is bound to play better than last year...Average score of 90 last season suggests he is worth the money IMO.

As for Adcock he is a toss of the coin, averaged near 71 last season and while thats not great, for his price range could be worth the risk IMO.

Latest side.

B - Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Gilbee, Adcock, Raines, Hill
M - Mitchell, Montagna, Gibbs, Masten, Boak, Rich
F - Didak, Chapman, Giansiracusa, Sylvia, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebel
R - Cox, McIntosh

Bolded Black as keepers
Bolded Red as potential keepers

Any thoughts on the side would be greatly appreciated:thumbsu:

Im thinking of down grading Goddard to Enright and Adcock to Houlihan and then using the cash to up grade Mitchell & Montagna??

Thoughts

Im thinking of down grading Goddard to Enright and Adcock to Houlihan and then using the cash to up grade Mitchell & Montagna??

Thoughts
Good move. I dont really rate mitchell and montagna as great dters and houlihan could average close to wat adcock does this year anyway :thumbsu:

My first crack, I'm wanting to change it a bit... But wanting some thoughts on what first.

Defenders: Mackie, C Cornes, Drummond, Hunter, H Taylor, Houlihan, Raines (Hill, Laidler)
Midfield: J Selwood, Gibbs, Sewell, Kerr, Hasleby, Rich (Ziebell, Davenport)
Rucks: Hille, Leuenberger (West, Pyke)
Forwards: Deledio, Murphy, J Brown, Porplyzia, Robertson, Lucas, Higgins (Sidebottom, Ballantyne)

Be careful in choosing Mackie, the lack of talls in the Geelong defence early in the season could see him playing tighter to his man, restricting his DT output.
Harry Taylor is not a DTer.
Robbo is still recovering from his achilles, and won't play early on.
Porpz is also recovering from his dodgy shoulders, and seeing as he won't start contact drills till 'mid-March' he will likely be underdone for the first couple rounds.
Brown is normally a slow starter, so I think there is better value around his price, ROK is one.
Leuenberger doesn't look ready to score huge DT point just yet in his career, may want to leave him out until next year.

Be careful in choosing Mackie, the lack of talls in the Geelong defence early in the season could see him playing tighter to his man, restricting his DT output.
Harry Taylor is not a DTer.
Robbo is still recovering from his achilles, and won't play early on.
Porpz is also recovering from his dodgy shoulders, and seeing as he won't start contact drills till 'mid-March' he will likely be underdone for the first couple rounds.
Brown is normally a slow starter, so I think there is better value around his price, ROK is one.
Leuenberger doesn't look ready to score huge DT point just yet in his career, may want to leave him out until next year.

Someone should have pointed this out to him last weekend against Blues.

But i agree in theory.

Okay, thanks. Traded Mackie for Enright, Hunter for Mundy, Leuenberger for Kreuzer, West for Currie, Brown for O'Keefe, Porplyzia for Brennan, Robertson for J Riewoldt.

Defenders: Enright, C Cornes, Mundy, Drummond, H Taylor, Houlihan, Raines (Hill, Laidler)
Midfield: J Selwood, Gibbs, Sewell, Kerr, Hasleby, Rich (Ziebell, Davenport)
Rucks: Hille, Kreuzer (Currie, Pyke)
Forwards: Deledio, Murphy, O'Keefe, Brennan, J Riewoldt, Lucas, Higgins (Sidebottom, Ballantyne)

$55,000 in the bank.

Better?

Thoughts on below side -

B - Enright, C.Cornes, Lockyer, Gilbee, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
M - S.Thompson, K.Cornes, Gibbs, Masten, Boak, Rich
F - Didak, Giansiracusa, Chapman, Sylvia, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebel
R - Cox, McIntosh

There could be close to 15 keepers in that lot with a few being lower end.

Anyone have a thoughts??

Long time reader first - time poster.

Comments welcome!!!

Mackie.A, Goddard.B, Cornes.C, Lockyer.T, Houlihan.R, Raines.A, Hill.S,
(Petrenko.J, Suban.N)

Ablett.G, Corey.J, Gibbs.B,Grigg.S, Hasleby.P, Rich.D, (Ziebell.J, Sidebottom.S)

Cox.D, Kreuzer.M, (Currie, Graham)

Pavlich.M, Didak.A, O'keefe.R, Roughhead.J, Krakouer.N, Yarran.C, Hentschel.T,
(Walker.T, Ballantyne)

Note: still got 80k in the bank

Thoughts on below side -

B - Enright, C.Cornes, Lockyer, Gilbee, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
M - S.Thompson, K.Cornes, Gibbs, Masten, Boak, Rich
F - Didak, Giansiracusa, Chapman, Sylvia, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebel
R - Cox, McIntosh

There could be close to 15 keepers in that lot with a few being lower end.

Anyone have a thoughts??

Gilbee is by no means a lock keeper. He is a smokie a potential keeper along with Houlihan.
I also argue Masten and boak are also only potential keepers at this stage (Masten I would find very unlikely to become a keeper more a cash cow).
Hmac again is only potential keeper he could do well he could do rubbish wait and see.

However its a fairly solid side

Long time reader first - time poster.

Comments welcome!!!

Mackie.A, Goddard.B, Cornes.C, Lockyer.T, Houlihan.R, Raines.A, Hill.S,
(Petrenko.J, Suban.N)

Ablett.G, Corey.J, Gibbs.B,Grigg.S, Hasleby.P, Rich.D, (Ziebell.J, Sidebottom.S)

Cox.D, Kreuzer.M, (Currie, Graham)

Pavlich.M, Didak.A, O'keefe.R, Roughhead.J, Krakouer.N, Yarran.C, Hentschel.T,
(Walker.T, Ballantyne)

Note: still got 80k in the bank

Forwards are a little risky with Krak, Yarran and Hentschel make sure you have two solid rookies. (ballantyne is injured and not too sure on Walker).

Kreuzer will likely only average maybe up to 75 max IMO.
Are you happy with that?

Backs you have Houlihan, Raines and Hill and a lessor extent the recovering Cornes with 2 rookies who are very borderline to getting early games. Are you sure you'll field 7 backs every week for the first couple?

Forwards are a little risky with Krak, Yarran and Hentschel make sure you have two solid rookies. (ballantyne is injured and not too sure on Walker).

Are you happy with that?

Backs you have Houlihan, Raines and Hill and a lessor extent the recovering Cornes with 2 rookies who are very borderline to getting early games. Are you sure you'll field 7 backs every week for the first couple?

Thanks for quick response!

Will keep kreuzer till warnock comes in then upgrade.

When you say my forwards are risky is that due to injuries??

(Masten I would find very unlikely to become a keeper more a cash cow).

i think to be a cash cow you need to make 100-150k profit. If masten makes 100k profit then he is at 406k and would be a premium. (can't see it happening). He might go up 50k at the most i would have thought. With the MN flattening out to around 4000 that means he would need to average 87.5 to go up 50k.

I would be pretty happy with a 185k player averaging 75. Easy to upgrade a 300k player to a fallen gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been fiddling around with this thing just about all weekend & i think i am probably going to settle on this team unless there are significant injuries to the players.

but in finalising the team i pretty much accidently ended up with $0
in the bank has this been done before or am i the only one that has fluked it.

backs: hodge goddard c.cornes raines h.shaw newman s.hill
( hurley rance )

Mids : judd griffen masten gibbs foley rich
(davenport swift )

Rucks : cox kreuezer - ( graham sellar )

Fowards: Richardson delidio j.reiwoldt higgins houlihan l.davis ziebell
( hentschel gumbelton )

Specifically relating to the backline - I'm torn on the embley inclusion (and am weighing him up against Carazzo -Any thoughts out there?). BUt also, just looking at the backs availalbe, I'm having tremendous difficulty in justifying the inclusion of anyone over $300k. I mean:

- Hodge is not fit and will fall dramatically in price
- Bowden is moving forward this year, also McMahon, Raines and Newman are gonna take possessions from him
- Carazzo - he's a mystery to everyone but himself.
- Fisher - is meant to be changing roles this season
- Heath Shaw can't break a tag
- Wheatley won't repeat last years effort
- Mackie is massiveely over priced

What to do in terms of premium inclusions in your backline?

Relatively happy with this...

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Birchall, Malceski, Raines, Grimes (Suban, Petrenko)
Mids: Corey, K.Cornes, Gibbs, Knights, Rich, Hasleby (Swift, Beams)
Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (Cordy, Spencer)
Fwd: Pavlich, Sylvia, Deledio, Houlihan, Skipworth, Higgins, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Ballantyne)

Cash left: $3,900

thoughts? thanks

Hi all, im a newby to bigfooty, thought id post my current crop to get feedback:

BACKS: Goddard, C.Cornes, Guerra, Newman, Adcock, Houlihan, Urquhart
MIDS: Gibbs, Kerr, Pearce, Lonergan, Higgins, Rich
RUCK: Fraser, Lade
FORWARDS: Deledio, Goodwin, B.Johnson, Chapman, Rioli, Vespremi, Skipworth

Gone for a more even squad than most I see, most teams seem to think having cox etc is a must, but i think the bottom 6 scorers each week define how your team goes rather than top six.. hoping to limit the scores under 70 each week. thoguhts on my current squad?

I'll break down my squad. Been a dreamteamer for years and after a setback last season I reckon this team should set me in good stead and get me back up into the top 2000.

Backs:
Goddard
Cornes
Lockyer
Malceski
Houlihan
Raines
Hill

Firstly here I wanted to get 3 very solid backline players who I think will improve this coming season. Goddard is expected to up the field and I saw him play first round of the NAB Cup up there, looked very promising and for the price he is, very good value IMO. Cornes didn't have a clean run last season and I hope for one this season. Lockyer is a gun and had a bad DT season last year, he is massively undervalued at the 360 he is. I tossed up between he and H Shaw for this position.
Then of course you have to take a few more risks. I went with Malceski over Drummond. Drummonds past injury record is too bad, avoid him. Houlihan capable of massive scores and is undervalued. Raines will play all 22 this season for us and is 1 of the 2 Richmond players I selected. Don't get obsessed with your own teams players!
Bench is still open. Though ATM I have Tiller and Rance. As I am a very big Richmond supporter, I followed Rance very closely over the last 18 months. And I reckon he's in for a breakout season, has looked good over the last 2 weeks.

Midfielders:
K. Cornes
Gibbs
Knights
Lewis
Rich
Davenport

I got 4 definite keepers here. K. Cornes for one is a proven absolute superstar DTer. Then I've gone and selected 3 players I believe will be future absolute superstar DTer's (Gibbs, Knights and Lewis). I'm hoping they'll reach that level this season, or at least get on their way towards getting there. I know we victorians don't see much of Adelaide, but research Knights for your own benefit.
Davenport is ready for AFL and just missed out on breaking into Geelongs line up, he'll fit in beautifully at Port and had a nice 30 plus possie NAB challenge game on the weekend. Rich well we've all put some hope in him. Ziebel or Rich?
On my bench I currently have Robinson and Swift, but we'll see.

Rucks:
Cox
Hille

Simply got to have Cox IMO. And Hille I just thought to be the second best option. Simmonds, Sandilands, Jolly are others to consider. Important to have a good ruck stock!
Bench I have Jacobs, just because of the good media reports. but don't expect to touch him all season. And secondly I have Currie, who'll I hope will backstop Jolly. Graham is another to consider. But I just am hoping we (Richmond) won't play him much. Dud IMO.

Forwards:
Deledio
Didak
Giansiracusa
Brown
J. Morton
Lucus
Higgins

Deledio and Didak I reckon will join that DT superstar category this season. Big call with Didak, but he's a gun! Gia and Brown will be solid. Still not sold on Brown, but capable of MONSTER scores, hope he stays healthy.
J. Morton to fill Craws old role and do a solid job at it. Ball magnet and I like how he'll get more minutes this year. Lucus, well, well I really don't know. Capable of averaging 85, but after a long injury we'll see, things might have changed. I hope, I hope, I hope! Had him in my start squad last season and is much cheaper than he was then.
Higgins, the Dogs have stated will play more up field, which will be good for his numbers. His bodies ready by the look of things. A 70-75 average is a fair assumption IMO, and will be solid for his price ($211). Still though could be a flop. I'm thinking of trading him for Ziebel and upgrade Lucus. Lowering the risk. Morton, Lucus and Higgins are not locked in right now! Forwardline bench is still up in smoke. Reckon any 86 000 dollar forwards can do a rioli?

Gone for a more even squad than most I see.

My liking for a more even squad a growing more and more by the day. Just something to think about, I normally prefer selecting dual listed players in positions other than midfield.

Secondly, I still would select a player or two that could be a very solid captains selection. (This is normally one or two players that have a proven average of over 100)

Just remember because you've gone for a more even approach, you have to have a matching trading strategy. Identify which players you want to keep and then attempt to maximise the amount of single trades. This may require swapping one player that is dominating to a premium that has tanked. (Very hard to wrap your head around that concept)

Thanks Tarquin, appreciate the feedback, ive got a trading strategy that im hoping will work, im pretty confident of having 30 players play Rd 1, good for the market value shift come trade time.
I've gone for mostly the "quarterback" backs, and "small" key forwards this year, as I see these types of players racking them up the way the game seems to be going. Good luck to all.

Hi Guys,

2 year doing DT and put more thought in to it this year. Below is my team. Feedback welcome.

Goddard McMahon Gram
Spangher (shoenmakers, Rance)
Adcock Urquart Raines

Ablett Richardson
Higgins (Beams, Swift)
Kerr Foley Tuck.T

Cox McIntosh (Roughhead, Jacobs)

Pavlich Deledio Roughead
Skipworth (Ballantne, Gumbleton)
Porplyzia Riewoldt.J Brown.M

Left with $300.

richcogs,

Lewis is still overcoming injury and may not play rd1.
J.Morton probably will play rd1 (given their inj list) but his spot in the 22 is certainly not ironclad.
may i suggest downgrading Lewis -> Hasleby
and upgrading Morton -> gun fwd (O'Keefe ???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back