DT Talk 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you explain the collective entrants of FFC having similarities in their teams so far over and above what would be expected in a true competitive environment?

Its basically groupthink - if you're sharing all your information then it is natural that teams evolve into something a lot more similar than what they would if they were actually truly competing.

If the individuals in FFC backed themselves rather than allowed themselves to pick players that everyone else is recommending/picking then you would still have that diversity.

At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. FFC won the league title last year and thats fine, but lets not hide the fact that was a result of a group of people working together to win the league, with individual results less of a priority, and the proof of that is looking at the starting sides and the changes made throughout the year and the similarities with them.
The only part I'll argue with there is that individual results being less of a priority. That's simply not true and I'm not sure how people can believe that serious DT'ers would sacrifice individual rankings (and prizes for that matter) for a group position that is not awarded anything.

EDT has been doing hard research since you were watching the Care Bear movie. And it has paid off to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars worth of prizes for individuals and the group. You got a screenshot (and pretty signature block). I hope your mum keeps it on the fridge with your other achievements.

I LOL'd

But in all seriousness it probably is on the pinup board as his/her greatest achievement along with others. I mean they were so proud of there efforts. bahah.

I could put 16 teams together next year and make my own league and win the league comp. Probably a bit of a stretch for me, most would say. :D

Edit: I cant wait for all DT forums to be shut down BF, DTT, EDT, FFC,SSCY IEFGBJBEFBEJFBER, HFIWFHWEBFUB, whatever else is out there, to see who really are the best Dters.

I can confirm that Stubs would tell you, you would be banned if you didnt pick players such as Goddard, ROK, Pav, Buddy, Ladson.

Well it is true that the perception of FFC has been obtained partially from those that no longer form part of the inner sanctum. It is true that the perception is also based on what was displayed in the team designs.

The perception of FFC may change over time, who knows. At the moment, rightly or wrongly, the perception of the group is that their is a strong push towards group think/mutual research... The results did back up this to be a viable option and obviously the members are happy with these results.

As someone stated, this style of forum is liked by some, others maybe not as much.

I can honestly speak from a No Passengers point of view that getting board wise agreement on players was near on impossible. It was also very rare for each member of No Passengers to know what the final make up of each others teams were going to be, heck, most times a final team was not posted within the last 3 to 4 weeks.

We shared concepts and theories, but at the end of the day, we let the individual decide their fate. If they wanted to go down the mid priced path, feel free. If they like guns and rookies, then go ahead.....

I think most discussion where possible they attempted to show the good and bad of each side and allow the individual to decide.

Everyone had theories on who the EDT members are and how their private board acts...That is part of the mystery of a private forum.

There have been two defections from the FFC board and being nosey people that we all can be at times, questions get asked and stories get passed around.

I am sure every team with FFC at the end of their name will be looked at and followed. I am sure for a few years that any team with EDT at the end of their name was also followed.

Good to see a little preseason fire.

At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. FFC won the league title last year and thats fine, but lets not hide the fact that was a result of a group of people working together to win the league, with individual results less of a priority, and the proof of that is looking at the starting sides and the changes made throughout the year and the similarities with them.
Doesn't going for the individual prize result in a league ranking as well? Pretty sure the leagues are ranked by peoples overall ranking, not how many wins/loses they get against others in the league...

The only part I'll argue with there is that individual results being less of a priority. That's simply not true and I'm not sure how people can believe that serious DT'ers would sacrifice individual rankings (and prizes for that matter) for a group position that is not awarded anything.

Well the second you have to comply with a forum/league rule in terms of selection/trading etc, then you're compromising your own decision making and thus sacrificing individual over group.

Well many members may believe that doing what they are told will allow them to improve their individual result. Especially if the person instructing them has historically been a better DTer than they have.

The way I assume FFC works is that everyone discusses and works together to provide information to eachother. This creates groupthink and stand-out options arise. Then the 'leader/s' (for lack of a better term) make the calls like "you must pick Ladson" or "trade Barlow to Boyd if you don't have him already" and the lemmings conform.

This, to me, is a shithouse way to play DT and completely undermines the success of the club. Discussion is good but not being able to make your own choices is just ludicrous and its lucky that the leader/s at FFC made such good decisions last year because it clearly held the league in good stead. However if that isn't the case this year then the whole league is going to fall apart like a house of cards, and maybe people won't be so willing to do as they are told anymore.

EDT has been doing hard research since you were watching the Care Bear movie. And it has paid off to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars worth of prizes for individuals and the group. You got a screenshot (and pretty signature block). I hope your mum keeps it on the fridge with your other achievements.

You don't need to have a crack at me, I'm not saying you don't do hard research. I'm not criticising EDT. I'm saying that in the context fl18 put it, we all put in hard research and certainly the league results in our eyes show that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I assume FFC works is that everyone discusses and works together to provide information to eachother. This creates groupthink and stand-out options arise.

Correct.

Then the 'leader/s' (for lack of a better term) make the calls like "you must pick Ladson" or "trade Barlow to Boyd if you don't have him already" and the lemmings conform.

Incorrect.

You don't need to have a crack at me, I'm not saying you don't do hard research. I'm not criticising EDT. I'm saying that in the context fl18 put it, we all put in hard research and certainly the league results in our eyes show that.
I totally agree with you Tom. They show they same thing at EDT, just for longer.

I find it quite amusing how you guys completely overlook Favourites and lifelike's posts. Reading what you want to read is not really a clever tactic in an argument :)

I find it quite amusing how you guys completely overlook Favourites and lifelike's posts. Reading what you want to read is not really a clever tactic in an argument :)

Ive been reading there post and i cant see much different in there BULL SH1T compared to the other 123 members BULL SH1T that comes out of there mouths.

So you're categorically denying that there was a post on the FFC forum at some point last season stating:

"If you don't choose Ladson, you will be kicked out of FFC"

I'm genuinely curious.

Lifelike already noted that Ladson wasn't a universal selection, so there's the evidence staring you in the face. By the way Ausy, Joel Corey is looking like a nice unique this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back