DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Dennis Lane will play this weekend. I just know it!

I am uncertain of this. He's kicking bags I know and White will be dropped, but with Bradshaw, and even Playfair to come in, I still don't think he'll play.

We'll see on thursday.

Henderson should get a few games with us, only 120k and has the DP option.

I wasn't thinking of this earlier b/c I heard he had no JS but after Sunday I am thinking of it, especially if I can get Waite in the forwards when he returns.

Young OBrien might be the other one but we need to see him play first.

Strange there's so few forward rookies this year though.

Looking for my last rookie downgrade of the year. Emotional, I know.

My rucks: Cox, Clarke (Portgove, Warnock)

Given Kruezer is gone, whats Warnocks new JS like? Can I downgrade Portgove to a supercheap ruck, using only Warnock as cover? Or is that stupid.

Thanks in advance

Nah mate, that's good thinking :)

Just make sure he's named on Thursday before you do anything!

That's all fine and well Red Feather, his starting 22 will look good but he will have **** all bench cover in every positional line. Also he would be playing with 21 players for a few weeks as Brown is still injured.

I'd wait until the teams are announced on Thursday if you can. Hille and Warnock might both play. One of them will play for sure.

Question for lmaohelp regarding Dylan McNeil. Why do you have him in your forward line?:confused: I would have thought the purpose of having a DP mid/forward 77k non playing rookie would be to utilise the mid/forward dual positional link. Problem is you do not have any DP mid/forwards in your midfield to utilise the feature. If you had him in your midfield you could move Pav, ROK, Didak, Ziebell to the midfield at anytime to cover possible injuries, as you aren't going to get much cover from Shuey who apparantly has passed away. Vale. :( and Armstrong's JS isn't that great.

Assuming you have 9k in the bank ATM you could trade Armstrong for Rohan thus giving you a midfield/fwd DP link as well as pocketing 50k.

Then trade Kruezer for Cox.

Noob question here for you Kruzin as you seem to know your stuff, how many trades should you have left now if your team is set?

i have a midfeild of

ablett, bartell, judd, cooney, barlow and ball (gys and collier)

7 trades and 80k in the kitty and my only problem is brown in the forward line but i have rockliff covering for him, so really no harm done having him on the bentch. my question is should i trade ball to montagna OR trade collier to mcneil and brown to harvey so then i have some mid cover aswell?

My team:
dtrd13.png

I am considering trading out Maguire to complete my backline. Wanted Gilbert but am 7k short. Am considering a few options:

-Trade to get that 7k to grab Gilbert. Would be Hams->Strijk or Shuey->Koby Stevens/McNeil, then Maguire -> Gilbert.

-Maguire-> Carazzo/Scotland/Kelly

-Hold out and hope Gilbert drops that 7k required (probably won't happen with a BE of 102) and let Silvagni fill in once again. Also gives me another look at Strijk and Stevens.

Thoughts and comments?

Yo oddsok.

I would get Gilbee. He's a star, dipped a bit but capable of the very best scores possible.
Thanks for the input. He seems quite inconsistent though. Scores <70 = 5, 70-100 = 4, 100+ = 4. As seems to be the case with most of the Bulldogs backline, he scores well when they all do or when they chip it around a lot. In contrast Scotland has only one score under 70, five between 70 and one hundred and 7 over 100.

Even Carrazzo has been more consistent, it's just his recent form that is worrying me. It's really tough.

Next week I intend to trade Hams to Strijk & Martin to Montagna.

Now with my cash on hand and IF both Martin & Montagna score their averages (67.42 & 113 respectively) I'll be able to make the trade with an excess of around $4,000.

However with Montagna playing Melbourne and Richmond playing Sydney is it too risky to assume they'll both score equal to or under their averages and should I therefore bring in McNeil for Shuey this week to ensure I can still afford the trade?

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the input. He seems quite inconsistent though. Scores <70 = 5, 70-100 = 4, 100+ = 4. As seems to be the case with most of the Bulldogs backline, he scores well when they all do or when they chip it around a lot. In contrast Scotland has only one score under 70, five between 70 and one hundred and 7 over 100.

Even Carrazzo has been more consistent, it's just his recent form that is worrying me. It's really tough.

Even with a 40/50 here and there Gilbee will still average 90+.

With their best 22 on the park you can be sure the Dogs will be coming home hard and that means plenty of junktime.

Gilbee seems like he's on the rebound from a form slump where Scotland/Carazzo are just entering one.

Mackie could also easily outscore those Carlton guys over the remaining rounds.

The stats you just spat at me really mean nothing. Yeah he's got that many games under 70 and is only 80 points behind Scotland overall.

I tend not to bother analising every individual score.

Thinking of going Gysberts>McNeil. The I'll have 120K to upgrade Brown. I'll have Goodes/McNeil in the mids and Pavlich, Sylvia, Didak, O'Keefe in the forwards that can swap around with DP.

The trades will give me a temporary boost and a long term boost in terms of bench cover. I won't have alot of trades left but I'm hopeful the good bench cover in all positons + those few trades will get me to Round 22

Get Quinten Lynch in i say. Its risky but hes set to be played as a midfielder for the rest of the year and will be used as a receiver essentially in the side. Got to get for mine

I'm I missing something on this McNiel?

Is on the rookie list at the swans and hasnt played a game, yet a few posters are talking bout him as possible downgrade target this week?

I'm I missing something on this McNiel?

Is on the rookie list at the swans and hasnt played a game, yet a few posters are talking bout him as possible downgrade target this week?
Doesn't really matter if he doesn't play people just want to get him because he's cheap and he is a forward and centre so you can swap him around with players to cover outs.

I understand that, but isnt it a waste if he never plays a game?
Would TDL be a better option as he is on the senior list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back