Duds you actually liked

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Passmore, Jason Love, John Mossop, David Ceglar, Paul Bryce, Adrian McAdam, Peter Mann - some former North "duds" i used to love as a kid

All time fav opposition "dud" - couldn't go past - Darren "DOC" Wheildon or Tony Antrobus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always had some time for the blokes who threw themselves in & played with no fear & bled for the jumper, even if they had very little skill.

eg, Brett Chandler in the Pagan era ; Michael Passmore & Stephen Hickey in the 80s when Kennedy was coaching. I always thought if you could somehow combine Stephen McCann's build & skills with Mickey Passmore's ticker, you would have one awesome footballer.

Julian Kirzner - I think that was his name.. Was a forward, anyway. Played for several AFL clubs. Everybody hyped him up as being "the next great full forward in the AFL" - I don't know if he ever made it onto a senior team or how many games if he ever did. I just remember the hype for years about him. IIRC his last stop was Carlton's rookie list.

I don't know the guy's first name but his last name was Hunter. Played for the Bulldogs during the first half of the 1990s but played more games in the reserves than in the seniors. Mr Hunter was a teacher of mine at high school in the western suburbs..

I recall Kirzner kicking 4 or 5 goals on debut for Noth, against Port at Princes Park. The radio commentators were saying after the game, he's a star, had a big future etc. I turned to my mate and said "He's not up to it.". He agreed. We were right.

PS I think you mean Mark Hunter.

Jake King = Small frame + Large heart. However he's starting to prove himself and become a contributor to the team but may be a borderline spud/dud

Jake King = Small frame + Large heart. However he's starting to prove himself and become a contributor to the team but may be a borderline spud/dud

He probably won't be much more than a dud but I can see why Tigers fans would like him, absolute credit to himself to make it this far, has definately got the best out of himself.

From my club I always loved how Jim Plunket punched above his weight, always will be a favourite of mine.

+1

You know when you're watching your team get pumped (which was regularly when Fleming was a Tiger) and you yell at the TV 'someone just ****ing smash someone!'. Fleming usually did.

I remember some chin music he dished out to a young Nick Riewoldt.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/12/1060588391481.html

haha.

I'm actually related to him (2nd or 3rd cousin) but anyway, at my old man's Auntie's 90th Birthday (about 6 or so years ago) he was there and me being the mad Saint's fan I am, I got stuck into him about being a thug and taking out Roo all afternoon. Poor bloke was walking around a family party with this 15 year old kid tearing shreds off him all day.. fair to say quite a few people found it hilarious, don't think Timmy did!

Lloyd'd :p

i always had a soft spot for Teddy Richards in his early days. Sheeds killed his essendon career.
Marc Bullen and David (i think) Haynes were good early on for us.
i liked reynolds as well. why he was played on fev that day i dont know, but that was another career killed.
And for all the haters, i think Henneman was a very serviceable player for us.

bullen and haynes used to like them.. haynes got jinxed with the #17

Marc Murphy

your a tool. murphy's an absolute gun.

and my selection goes to;

lance 'tomanycakes' .... whitnall :D

Callan Beasy and Trent Hotton from my own team.

Allan Jackovich and Ashley Sampi were two of my favourite players outside Carlton who I thought would be superstars

still like king. stick him in the forwardline as a pressure/crumbing forward and i think he could be very useful. can actually kick but his brain doesnt work properly which is why he turns it over so much down back. upfront if his instructions are 'tackle, kick goals' im sure he can do that without stuffing up too much.

This thread has been great, some rippers, but I cant believe nobody has mentioned Jason Saddington.

-Trent Ormond-Allen for the crows, hard as nails and famoulsy played in the ruck one game

-Winston Abraham- not sure he would be classified a dud, but didn't achieve what his talent deserved

What was the name of that bald guy who played for Fremantle and I think he may of moved to Carlton. Willis? or Wills?

Remove this Banner Ad

Duds you actually liked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back