Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

This would be a win for Richmond.

FA, and it's not like he'd move unless he was offered a pretty decent salary, so they'd get something like a second rounder for a player that they'd probably be showing the door to if he wasn't such a legend.

From a GC POV....It'd be a good PR, but really, why?
I dont quite understand it, if he follows his current downward decline, is he even best 22 there next year?

Obviously if he returns to 2023 form then yes, but is 2024 where he is at or is it just a down year as he doesn't seem quite fit.

I still think he retires end of year.

I dont quite understand it, if he follows his current downward decline, is he even best 22 there next year?

Obviously if he returns to 2023 form then yes, but is 2024 where he is at or is it just a down year as he doesn't seem quite fit.

I still think he retires end of year.

I think the question comes down to if his decline is mental or physical, and if it's mental, would a new club (with Hardwick) reverse that.

As he is now, I'm not sure he'd get a regular game purely on merit. Although given the salary he'd get and Dimma's support, I'm sure he'd get to play regularly, which makes him more of a liability than anything.

I see it as a lot of salary cap space being gambled on if we can 'fix' him, and I don't like the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back