Recommitted Dylan Shiel [OOC 2024; reports he may move? Dodoro says he is a 'required player']

Remove this Banner Ad

suggestion from Gresham thread makes some sense

Saints get 13 from Band 1
Trade 13 to Freo for Henry and 21
21 traded to Dons for a partially pre-paid Shiel

In isolation all above board.
Perhaps some due diligence being done that the AFL won't block the Shiel deal. I don't see on what grounds they would though.

Haha, what the flip.

Shiel has zero trade value.

Who are you kidding he would walk straight into the saints centre square rotation no problem

Seems like good business if it's Saints. Generate Pick 13, trade it for Henry. Bring in Shiel and still keep your first rounder. Improving significantly in the immediate without giving away the future.

If they only get band 2 for Gresham, it will be pushed way back by bids so freo will probably want more in the trade.

Who are you kidding he would walk straight into the saints centre square rotation no problem

maybe, maybe not, but 13 games per year and the $ he's on reduces his trade value significantly.

Does Andrew Welsh still have to give him advice and assist him getting into Property Development which was part of the sell to get him to Essendon or will SOS give him a part time job at the Briquettes coffee stand along side Jack?
Maybe Chris Judd could find him something at Visy as an environmental ambassador. :shrug:

Nobody is giving a second rounder for him.

I'd be very surprised if he even got a third rounder.

Pretty sure we are paying part of his salary which makes it all the more acceptable.

I'm not sure what he is worth, but we all know that Shiel would walk into St Kilda's midfield.

Essendon could pay out his entire contract, and I still wouldn't Saints to pay anymore than our 3rd rounder for Shiel. He'd be a back up midfielder as would rather see the kids rotating into the middle next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber boss on Twitter making my head explode
might i suggest

No Stress Relax GIF

Pretty sure we are paying part of his salary which makes it all the more acceptable.

I'm not sure what he is worth, but we all know that Shiel would walk into St Kilda's midfield.

Not that the brownlow is the be all and end all, but it is topical and Shiel is 30 years of age with 4 brownlow votes total in the past 3 years. He's not walking into anything.

Can he run?

Not that the brownlow is the be all and end all, but it is topical and Shiel is 30 years of age with 4 brownlow votes total in the past 3 years. He's not walking into anything.

Can he run?

Mate this years Brownlow medalist didn’t even make the aa team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insanely good deal for Essendon. Surely Gresham has more up-side than Shiel. With STK’s list at the moment, pick 13 would be better spent at the draft than on Shiel. Maybe SOS hasn’t gotten over missing out on him back when he left GWS?

Can he run?
definitely not running anywhere either

Insanely good deal for Essendon. Surely Gresham has more up-side than Shiel. With STK’s list at the moment, pick 13 would be better spent at the draft than on Shiel. Maybe SOS hasn’t gotten over missing out on him back when he left GWS?
Believe the conjecture is we won't push Gresham's salary up to net 13 unless we're getting 13 back for Shiel

Gresham gets Band 1, we get 13 for Shiel
or
Gresham gets Band 2/3, we get whatever for Shiel

Believe the conjecture is we won't push Gresham's salary up to net 13 unless we're getting 13 back for Shiel

Gresham gets Band 1, we get 13 for Shiel
or
Gresham gets Band 2/3, we get whatever for Shiel
Which is insane

Gresham + 13 for Shiel literally makes zero sense. Even if Essendon were to pay his whole salary it makes zero sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Dylan Shiel [OOC 2024; reports he may move? Dodoro says he is a 'required player']

Remove this Banner Ad

Back