Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it was.

He will announce next week that he wants to come home to Melbourne and the Hawks are his preferred destination.

A lot of water to go under the bridge because at least 3 other clubs are also very interested.

The Hawks are working on another deal that could make it very hard to get Dylan given that some other clubs can offer more money and better draft picks.

lol

what is your source?

I’m guessing that hawthorn have decided to withdraw from allowing Shiel to play for them if they are no longer represented in the last 3 pages? They must have worked out that there was some flaw in his game.

Would love for him to play for us but I'm not sure how we'd be able to match $1.3m if it came to it. Even $1m I'm not sure we'd do as a club.

I love how the media now just report on what they think players will do.

Journos are legit reporting on new levels of nothing.

Crazy hey?

Both Sydney and Luke Parker unequivocally rule out a trade.

Damian Barrett - "I'm not sure about that, watch this space"

Would love for him to play for us but I'm not sure how we'd be able to match $1.3m if it came to it. Even $1m I'm not sure we'd do as a club.
I don't think you'd want to match that as its way more than he's worth. I'd be disappointed if my club paid that much for him.

I don't think you'd want to match that as its way more than he's worth. I'd be disappointed if my club paid that much for him.

He's a great player, but I wouldn't say he's a core player, so neither would I. There are very few players in the league you'd pay that kind of dosh for.

Crazy hey?

Both Sydney and Luke Parker unequivocally rule out a trade.

Damian Barrett - "I'm not sure about that, watch this space"

That's just Damian Barrett being a ****stick.

I've got no idea what Dylan Shiel is up to or whether anyone has bothered to ask him or the club if he is looking at a move or not.

I have no issue with the Hanebery thing of him and the Swans looking to see if a trade can be worked out and if not life goes on. Pretty funny that they bother to ask about Parker, get a clear and obvious no and still think there's a story in it.

The Hawks are working on another deal that could make it very hard to get Dylan given that some other clubs can offer more money and better draft picks.
Nice little get out clause you have given yourself now with all the posturing and arrogance about he is certain to be at Hawthorn.

That's just Damian Barrett being a ****stick.

I've got no idea what Dylan Shiel is up to or whether anyone has bothered to ask him or the club if he is looking at a move or not.

I have no issue with the Hanebery thing of him and the Swans looking to see if a trade can be worked out and if not life goes on. Pretty funny that they bother to ask about Parker, get a clear and obvious no and still think there's a story in it.

My favourite thing is when journalists run with a story about the opinion of another journalist as though it's fact. Big flashy title about a player maybe going, "Herald Sun Reporter Jay Clarke has said "I've got no leads at all but I really think that Gary Ablett might go back to The Suns".

This isn't actually something that he said, just for example.

He's a great player, but I wouldn't say he's a core player, so neither would I. There are very few players in the league you'd pay that kind of dosh for.
My sentiments exactly. A sign of good club management is knowing when too much is too much, both in terms of a players salary & what to give up in a trade.
I'd really hope we bow out of the race if that's the kind of money he needs to be paid.

Have it on very good authority (GWS Source) Shiel will announce he wants to be traded to Vic today. (Essendon is his preference but may not be announced to ensure GWS can get appropriate value for him)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing that hawthorn have decided to withdraw from allowing Shiel to play for them if they are no longer represented in the last 3 pages? They must have worked out that there was some flaw in his game.

They've turned their attention to now trying to organise a swap of Ceglar for Wingard.

Last edited:
Nice little get out clause you have given yourself now with all the posturing and arrogance about he is certain to be at Hawthorn.
I'm sure they were told that they were in the box seat, but this is Paul Connors. I am reminded of the old poker adage, If you are looking around the room and you can't tell who the sucker is, it's probably you.

Have it on very good authority (GWS Source) Shiel will announce he wants to be traded to Vic today. (Essendon is his preference but may not be announced to ensure GWS can get appropriate value for him)
But that can't be right. I've already taken it to the bank he's going to Hawthorn.
They've told us so with such authority. Will nominate Hawthorn they say.

Given Sheil has a Carlton loving family, i think that Essendon is pretty unlikely, especially given Carlton is keen to grab him.
Yes, he's a professional & all that, but if the situation was reversed I wouldnt be too confident. We deadset hate each other, could you imagine your Bomber loving family having to get behind the Blues because your son plays there- you would disinherit your child and just replace him by becoming the host family for the bombers new top draft pick :)

Given Sheil has a Carlton loving family, i think that Essendon is pretty unlikely, especially given Carlton is keen to grab him.
Yes, he's a professional & all that, but if the situation was reversed I wouldnt be too confident. We deadset hate each other, could you imagine your Bomber loving family having to get behind the Blues because your son plays there- you would disinherit your child and just replace him by becoming the host family for the bombers new top draft pick :)

Posts like this give me belief that he may actually choose Essendon.

Just like Goddard (carlton) and Stewart (collingwood)
It's a business, stop clutching at straws.

Just like Goddard (carlton) and Stewart (collingwood)
It's a business, stop clutching at straws.
Its much more than just a business, the business side of things is definitely a major component but the other factors are also huge.
If it was just a business, players would exclusively play for the club offering the most money & longest contract, it doesn't work like that, there's always a myriad of components that make up the decision.
And you have to be pretty delusional to think that your family absolutely despising a club wouldn't be a factor.

Its much more than just a business, the business side of things is definitely a major component but the other factors are also huge.
If it was just a business, players would exclusively play for the club offering the most money & longest contract, it doesn't work like that, there's always a myriad of components that make up the decision.
And you have to be pretty delusional to think that your family absolutely despising a club wouldn't be a factor.

There are a lot of factors involved in a decision. I seriously doubt that what club your family supports is at the top of the list however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back