Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

What you seem to be saying is that you want the LM to make a decision based on what YOU think. But if I'm the LM here, and in my objectivity decide a trade is unfair (in a LM ONLY policy) then you have no say, no input, no voice. You can complain for days and days, it wont make a difference.

Which comes back to my point about why LM ONLY is not a good option. And that people should ALL have a voice, seeing as they're intelligent and independent enough to make their own minds up.

This is why i "infer" that you're voting for LEAGUE VOTING. So that everyone then has input. It doesnt get left to the discretion of the LM who MIGHT have no clue how to judge trades, or might be biased, or sneaky, or plain wrong.
I love how you infer certain things that suit your argument!

I am saying remove all objectivity out of it, collusion should be the only situation. Everyone is in it to win, they are not going to make wildly uneven trades, only collusion would result in this.

And if the LM isnt smart enough to make an informed decision he shouldnt be the LM in the first place.

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

Thoughts on the trade itself????????

Barber or Gore practically? I had a tough time seperating them. Dont think Martz will make Gore as good as people think but still should finish ahead of Barber IF he stays fit.

Re: Beta Dynasty - DRAFT

How does everyone feel about a session this Sunday night?
Try and knock it off by this weekend or within the next week, that way i can start putting everyone's team in.

Re: Gamma Dynasty - DISCUSSION

Very sorry guys but I cant do the scheduled morning/early arvo drafting session this Sunday.

When do people want the next one.

Also what should we do about the WR dilemma; that is teams getting stacked with them because their are so many in the rankings atm.

WRs max is 8. So if people keep missing their picks, they'll eventually get their 8 max. Which is what everyone would do anyway if they were picking....have a full 8 WRs and RBs selected.

So if they reach their 8 max thru forced picks, then it's just the next highest rated player....could be a RB, a TE, a LB.

Check the BY POSITIONS post in the first page and be sure to update that correctly as each pick is made because sometimes people will choose a 6th QB by mistake, and if the draft moves forward it will be impossible to fix.

WRs max is 8. So if people keep missing their picks, they'll eventually get their 8 max. Which is what everyone would do anyway if they were picking....have a full 8 WRs and RBs selected.

So if they reach their 8 max thru forced picks, then it's just the next highest rated player....could be a RB, a TE, a LB.

Check the BY POSITIONS post in the first page and be sure to update that correctly as each pick is made because sometimes people will choose a 6th QB by mistake, and if the draft moves forward it will be impossible to fix.

Yeh I know they can have 8, but I feel bad that their getting a position filled with players they may not have chosen.

Well where are they? I never see Mizza online, or Alberton. THey know picks are happening every few hours and need to put in a list or be online and make a pick themselves. Some of them, like Dickson or whomever, can be given more slack because they're in different timezone or they are trying to be online.

You can ease the time back to 10 hrs per pick, but you'll still find Mizza and Alberton dont come online or hand anyone a list, and still complain when they get given someone when they finally log in 4 days from now.

Make it fair on the majority imo. If everyone else is asking for like 6-10 hrs, give it to them, but it wont make the lazy ones pick any faster.

Ideally, this draft should be finished before training camp starts, which is only days away now. Wont happen now. But you cannot let it go thru till mid august either.

Even tho people like Alberton/Mizza might be 'upset' now, once the league is underway they'll be more enthused then and will do whatever it takes (trades, cuts, signings) to make their team more full of players THEY like.

The whole thing with dynasty leagues is having 12 committed people, people you can trust, and who are all INTO IT. There are some people in Gamma who unfortunately are not showing that enthusiasm that they claimed they had when I first opened up the expressions of interest to join a dynasty.

It's for the sake of those 8 or so people in Gamma who ARE committed that im urging this draft to finish asap so that there is a league for you guys to play in. If some people are not giving a stuff about it, I dont want them to ruin it for you guys. They'll live, they can still trade and whatnot once the draft is over and get players they like. They cant complain really because they've failed to provide me/you any lists, failed to log in as this 34 round draft requires of them.

Even the 16 round BFFFL's they're showing the same inconsideration. Being 34 rounds, there really isnt too much time for it to drag on. It's gotta get done asap. They have to get more involved (log in, lists). If we just left it to them to make picks when they could be bothered, the draft will NEVER get done in time, not even by December or January. Then they'll complain "this league sucks" because it never happened!

Re: Beta Dynasty - DISCUSSION

It has to be done in one hit.
What's gonna be a pain in the ass is all the trading being done. Because the system doesnt recognize them. Still goes in sequential order. So it's probably best I do the drafting in one hit cos I know what to do to get around all that etc.

Having people log into the draft and chat also breaks concentration (errors made) and you can feel rushed by them being there.

I'm gonna have to have a couple of printed sheets of the full draft and rosters there, and just plod thru it one by one carefully

If errors get made, it's ok, all the note taking i do, I'll just fix the rosters once the draft is over.

Like i did with Alpha which had about 8 errors or players missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Beta Dynasty - DISCUSSION

Cool, "enter offline draft results" is now there. Finally.
It's DEFINITELY easiest to do it that way, because you just pick all the players that Southern picked in one go, then save. Then pick all the players that Sleepy picked in one go, then save. Etc. And at the end the "draft recap" will show them all in order of how they got picked as THO an online draft did happen.

Too be fair Alberton Magpie he recently gave me a good positional list he wanted to choose from. Mizza hasn't though.

I definitely think we should keep it going this fast. I'm going to announce more draft times soon, so people better be ready to make some more lists. Like you said the more time we get to manage a complete list the better.

Whoever's giving you a list is showing enthusiasm required to get these long 34 rounds out of the way. At heart here is that Gamma started drafting a long way back after Alpha and Beta did, and it required as much if not more commitment to get thru. There are a lot of people in this one who are just as keen as Alpha and Beta people and all I really care about is ensuring everyone gets a league. I hate seeing people disappointed.

Differences? Still very much the same....everyone grabbing the same top-rated players or positions. At this early stage it's hard to compare. Same kinds of names....Manning, Barber, Houshmanzadeh, etc. You guys will start jumping over to IDPs soon.

Differences? Still very much the same....everyone grabbing the same top-rated players or positions. At this early stage it's hard to compare. Same kinds of names....Manning, Barber, Houshmanzadeh, etc. You guys will start jumping over to IDPs soon.

yeh im tossing up whether to get one more rb since my 2nd rb spot isn't strong or getting an LB.

While they're all the same, it is true there are differences. But it depends on any runs being made at certain positions. In Alpha there was a big run made on LBs fairly early, and it forced everyone to jump in and grab a stud before there were none left. The same happens with other positions. But each draft's timing will be different. It just depends on how you think people will go with their next pick. The thing I find useful is looking at the PICKS BY POSITION section on the front page. You can kinda predict where people will look next by seeing how many of a position they have.

People will all have their own strategy....some will grab studly players jumping from one position to the next. Some will go hard early grabbing all the WRs while everyone is grabbing LBs. Having a strategy is important....whichever one it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back