Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Beta Dynasty - DRAFT

TRADES
Code:
1. Sleepy trades picks #310 and #315 to acquire Crowman's pick #269.
2. Sleepy trades picks #334, #339 and #358 to acquire Cleveland's pick #322.
[b]3. Sleepy trades his soul to acquire Satan's pick #666.[/b]

Trade of the year by far. :thumbsu:

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

Meanwhile....in Teabaggers news....74% of the team is projected to be destined for the practice squad. Woohoo! A sure sign of great things to come.

Gives your division rivals a slight edge in the WC. I think if it was real life football we'd be still discussing how GM was sacked half way through the draft for too many spec picks ;)

Gives your division rivals a slight edge in the WC. I think if it was real life football we'd be still discussing how GM was sacked half way through the draft for too many spec picks ;)

Not enough! I wanted more.
Oh and the only 'sack'ing being done will be by the 'baggers.

So with some time to reflect, anyone regret any draft decisions? My biggest shocker was taking TJ Housh too early at 23 overall. Panic pick I think, Edwards and Wayne going earlier than expected threw me.
Housh will have a big year, his numbers have gone up in each of his last 3 years and seems to be near or at his peak.

Luckily Andre Johnson was available 3 picks later. But should have gone with Brees or Palmer, even Colston. Shocker!!

So with some time to reflect, anyone regret any draft decisions? My biggest shocker was taking TJ Housh too early at 23 overall. Panic pick I think, Edwards and Wayne going earlier than expected threw me.
Housh will have a big year, his numbers have gone up in each of his last 3 years and seems to be near or at his peak.

Luckily Andre Johnson was available 3 picks later. But should have gone with Brees or Palmer, even Colston. Shocker!!
Housh will be good in Ocho hands around... Just a decent WR if he leaves IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, none I regret perse because I have traded out etc...

Don't get me wrong D there are other people I would be happy with but I am happy with a replacement... Still targeting the people I missed and if I get them in, booya (the main player is not the one we are currently talking about d :p)

Palmer was your Double dipping Chance with HOUSH. You really blew that one TGBB. :eek:

I reckon I jumped the gun on Ryan Torian. Nobody would of picked him up inside the first 15 rounds. But he better pay off THIS season to justify the Mustangs' GM's cluey research.

Palmer was your Double dipping Chance with HOUSH. You really blew that one TGBB. :eek:

I reckon I jumped the gun on Ryan Torian. Nobody would of picked him up inside the first 15 rounds. But he better pay off THIS season to justify the Mustangs' GM's cluey research.
i am fairly sure given all the talk on him he would have well and truly been gone with the first 15, you took him in 11, just after Felix Jones and Ahmad Bradshaw, given the rookie RB history in Denver, seemed about the right time to me

I was close to Torain when you grabbed him Woodson, I reckon you took him at about the time I imagined.
I aren't really unhappy with any of my picks, maybe jumped too early for Stewart & Forte, but I'm a RB lover in FF. Think in dynasty terms my mob has a huge upside, but also should be competetive from year 1 too. Will help immensely if Favre lands somewhere and can be top 10, and if Rodgers can get somewhere near BFs numbers last year.
Rapt with Shockeys trade finally happening, 2 guys I targetted as homer picks were Pierre Thomas (round 6!!! WTF???) and Adrian Arrington, but both went waaaay too soon for even my homerism. Still have a couple of guys on the radar to watch during TC that could find their way onto the Tongan roster.

I was close to Torain when you grabbed him Woodson, I reckon you took him at about the time I imagined.
I aren't really unhappy with any of my picks, maybe jumped too early for Stewart & Forte, but I'm a RB lover in FF. Think in dynasty terms my mob has a huge upside, but also should be competetive from year 1 too. Will help immensely if Favre lands somewhere and can be top 10, and if Rodgers can get somewhere near BFs numbers last year.
Rapt with Shockeys trade finally happening, 2 guys I targetted as homer picks were Pierre Thomas (round 6!!! WTF???) and Adrian Arrington, but both went waaaay too soon for even my homerism. Still have a couple of guys on the radar to watch during TC that could find their way onto the Tongan roster.

Well, count yourself Lucky NDG, coz I keep replaying those first three picks and I didn't think Stewart would go before BIG BEN but at the same time, I knew deep down, Big Ben was on someone's ultra radar ;) so I snared Big Ben first and I reckon Thomas Jones was always a better option than Julius Jones so that's why I chose TJ first. Could blow up on me but I just don't like the QB situation with dem J-E-T-S.. they will RUN it 60% I reckon. Jones will take more than a lousy couple to the house. (hopes).

Well, count yourself Lucky NDG, coz I keep replaying those first three picks and I didn't think Stewart would go before BIG BEN but at the same time, I knew deep down, Big Ben was on someone's ultra radar ;) so I snared Big Ben first and I reckon Thomas Jones was always a better option than Julius Jones so that's why I chose TJ first. Could blow up on me but I just don't like the QB situation with dem J-E-T-S.. they will RUN it 60% I reckon. Jones will take more than a lousy couple to the house. (hopes).
wouldnt a bad QB situation hurt Jones, ie more focus on the running game of the Jets, given an older body that wont help Jones

interesting that you say you took TJones just ahead of JJones, managed to snare him at 75 after you took TJones at 39

I was close on Torain when you picked him up Woodson. One thing I'm regretting a little is taking Mendenhall ahead of Lynch. At the time Lynch was heavily involved in the whole hit-run episode and I was worried he might spend some time on the sidelines. I can only hope RM turns out well...

There is two selections i think i reached with and could have got much further down the order.
Steve Slaton
and
Cadillac Williams

But i really wanted Slaton and wasn't prepared to risk missing out so i just jumped on him.

Looking at my draft, the player I badly reached for was James Harrison in the 33rd round. I could've waited till waivers and picked myself up another SPEC like Rucker instead!
In all fairness gg, all your picks were reaches :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back