Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

Well top 2 scorers this week both from the very strong West Division and if Redragger had not left out Ronnie Brown (who had his career game!!) it would have been top 3.

I'm still smarting over that one. If I had Ronnie in I would have chalked up the W. The Miami bye came at the wrong time, now he'll probably have a week off, think about it, and come back as bad as he was the first 3 weeks...

Easy big fella. I left 3 players on the bench with 20+ points each..

Easy big fella. I left 3 players on the bench with 20+ points each..

I know, I know, it's just very annoying to have someone score 49 points or whatever it was and have him riding the pine. Will anyone score 49 points again this season? It wasn't complete disaster, Ricky still scored 13 points. I've actually run into a little bit of luck this week, just as I lose my Dolf RB's on a bye, Willie Parker goes down leaving me with the Pitt starter...

Just to let everyone know. I accidently dropped Jerome Harrison instead of James Harrison just now, so as LM i corrected it.

All this power is going to your head gg.

You're starting to act like the NFL. :D

Re: Beta Dynasty - DISCUSSION

What's the motivation for that trade. GeeCats took you to the cleaners on that one.
lol dunno where you get that idea from gg... If this is mainly motivation for quick success...

LdT >>>Forte even so this year... He will always be a goal line back, and its just a matter of time before his toe gets better...
Bowe is great but there is no QB in KC so he is always a risk... Hines is huge in the red zone... At least Roey still has a chance to throw a decent ball despite the Oline...
Russell is a moot aspect of the trade...

IMHO ST took GeeCats to the cleaners... Certainly for short term success...

You are insanely high on your players though (ie Bowe and Russell :p)

AS far as I can see... So far...

Ward>Bowe (For short term) but very soon Bowe>>> Ward (Bowe gets the most targets, still shitty QBs:p)
LdT>>>Forte (Purely for runs on the board... He is still worthy of a number one pick whilst Forte is not)
Left overs>>>Russell :p

What's the motivation for that trade. GeeCats took you to the cleaners on that one.

Considering you may very well be the worst judge of fantasy talent ive ever seen, ill take that as a compliment.

LT is the best fantasy player in the league. Im upgrading big time at RB. Trade for him while his value is down, and get the best value. People want to jump off him after a down on usual production start because of injury, good. Perfect time to pick him up.

I rate bowe long term, but am willing to use his value as part of picking up LT.

I dont need Russell, ive got Ryan as a long term prospect and ive lost any confidence that the raiders will be able to develop him to his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a dynasty league. GeeCats scored himself three great long-term fantasy studs. LT is over the hill now. And will continue to fade from here on. Sproles will be the new buzz there going forward.

Hines Ward is a fantasy stud now, but long-term not. Bowe is not "my" guy. But he's up there now with Marshall and Jennings and White as the best of the young brigade going forward into the future.

Russell is an excellent prospect who's already showing his immense latent talent in the handful of games he's played. He missed his rookie camp, missed reps until late in the season, and is now having his rookie year. In a year from now he'll be where Cutler is now in terms of fullfilling his potential. Ie, 29 TDs a year to 10 INTs.

In terms of STO's decisions, he gave up having a 2009/2010 fantasy powerhouse with the likes of Ryan and Russell at the OP spot, the likes of Bowe a staple in his WR slot, and Forte a staple 20 carries a game HB.

Anyway, im happy to let it go because STO will feel happy with his trade and what he's doing. But deep down I think GeeCats scored the best single trade that's occured and likely to occur for some time.

This is a dynasty league. GeeCats scored himself three great long-term fantasy studs. LT is over the hill now. And will continue to fade from here on. Sproles will be the new buzz there going forward.

Opinion. LT is a stud, you dont write them off after three quiet weeks. Being a dynasty is all good, but why not try to win now?

Hines Ward is a fantasy stud now, but long-term not. Bowe is not "my" guy. But he's up there now with Marshall and Jennings and White as the best of the young brigade going forward into the future.

Again, i rate Bowe, ive got a good stable of WRs, and can easily pick a long term prospective up next draft.

Russell is an excellent prospect who's already showing his immense latent talent in the handful of games he's played. He missed his rookie camp, missed reps until late in the season, and is now having his rookie year. In a year from now he'll be where Cutler is now in terms of fullfilling his potential. Ie, 29 TDs a year to 10 INTs.

Except, ive already got Manning, Rivers and Ryan, and cant start four QBs. You changed that rule, remember?

Realistically the best thing i could do was get value for him now, considering ive already got a good mix of QBs in long and short term prospects.

In terms of STO's decisions, he gave up having a 2009/2010 fantasy powerhouse with the likes of Ryan and Russell at the OP spot, the likes of Bowe a staple in his WR slot, and Forte a staple 20 carries a game HB.

Anyway, im happy to let it go because STO will feel happy with his trade and what he's doing. But deep down I think GeeCats scored the best single trade that's occured and likely to occur for some time.

Im more than happy with covering my QBs with Rivers, Ryan and the smoky O'Connel long term.

Im also happy having a RB stable consisting of Gore/Tomlinson for this season, giving me a great chance of winning this thing.

Well you make a bunch of good reasons there that makes the trade work out really good for you. You already had a strong draft and so youre capitalizing by bringing in some more "win now" players. So fair enough. Tho, if I were in GeeCats shoes, I'd be pretty ecstatic with who I got per se, and in terms of who I let go to get them.

Let's call it a win-win then.

Well you make a bunch of good reasons there that makes the trade work out really good for you. You already had a strong draft and so youre capitalizing by bringing in some more "win now" players. So fair enough. Tho, if I were in GeeCats shoes, I'd be pretty ecstatic with who I got per se, and in terms of who I let go to get them.

Let's call it a win-win then.

I think it was mutually beneficial. I still have alot of long term prospects, but given i spent my first rounder on Peyton Manning, i really need to try to win soon. This can only improve my chances.

For my part, I know that LT is a beast and will be for a while still, but I felt I needed to get some better back ups as I feel Bowe is better than Ward and I have no QB's.
Bad week to get rid of LT considering what he does to us every time we play, but I'm happy with how things went down.
Thanks Southern

I just droped Matt Moore as after the trade, I had 6 QB's and didn't realise. Do they count if they are on injured reserve? If not then I will probably get him back. (I should have posted here before dropping him, in hindsight) I would eventually drop Collins once Young comes back to bring me down to 5 again. Just wondering if it's ok to have that extra if they are in the IR.

I just droped Matt Moore as after the trade, I had 6 QB's and didn't realise. Do they count if they are on injured reserve? If not then I will probably get him back. (I should have posted here before dropping him, in hindsight) I would eventually drop Collins once Young comes back to bring me down to 5 again. Just wondering if it's ok to have that extra if they are in the IR.

The site wouldnt let you hold more than the maximum, so if you did have that number with one on reserve, you were able to.

When i woke up this morning i thought i would lose for sure, Brett Favre putting having a career day, scoring 47.8, NDG also had ADP with 2 TDs, Fitz playing well

All of a sudden though it seems as if i will be the top scorer of the week, SJax played well, Fred Jackson puts up 20 for me, Austin scores a TD, TO puts up 20! I was real worried this week having to start the likes of Hightower, Austin, F.Jackson, but unless Forte does something unbelievable i should pull back to 2-2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back