Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 3

You made that cut tho, wasnt part of some ESPN-page trade.
Any cuts or dropped players thru ESPN-page trades are non-reversable thru this period.
Leaves too much room for people to abuse, by claiming it was an accident after they hear some info that suggests they shouldnt have cut them.
Gotta be firm/consistent on this point.

You made that cut tho, wasnt part of some ESPN-page trade.
Any cuts or dropped players thru ESPN-page trades are non-reversable thru this period.
Leaves too much room for people to abuse, by claiming it was an accident after they hear some info that suggests they shouldnt have cut them.
Gotta be firm/consistent on this point.
It was due to me trying to get a trade going. ie I HAD to move them off my IR else I couldn't even offer the trade. Should've stopped there really, but it was really bloody late :p

Yep, that's the same error i got with Manureid's roster. People who have players on IR, you really need to move them to the bench, and if you cant because you already have 5 LBs and youre trying to move a 6th from IR, then you gotta start making cuts/decisions.

Im ok because i have only 34 players, all keepers. Whereas i still see a lot of people have like 34 + 4 on the bench + 3 in IR.

Manureid's trade couldnt proceed until he cut two players, moved all his IRs off IR. I couldnt override the system.

Yep, that's the same error i got with Manureid's roster. People who have players on IR, you really need to move them to the bench, and if you cant because you already have 5 LBs and youre trying to move a 6th from IR, then you gotta start making cuts/decisions.

Im ok because i have only 34 players, all keepers. Whereas i still see a lot of people have like 34 + 4 on the bench + 3 in IR.

Manureid's trade couldnt proceed until he cut two players, moved all his IRs off IR. I couldnt override the system.
Chances are I go into the draft under 34 keepers :p

Just to remind people....

You can have 34 or less keepers on your espn page.
You can draft/acquire more than 6 players in the draft or thru trades.
You can have like 10 picks if you acquire them, and use them all.
You can have 8 QBs or 12 WRs after the draft is over.
But you have till September 1st deadline to cut your roster down to 40 (non-IR) and under the position max's (5 QB, 8 WR, etc).
This will be done offline in this thread or meeting center thread, by posting which players you want cut from the espn page and/or which players you drafted offline you want cut or brought into your team.

So ie, you can waste picks. I have 8 WRs now and if i draft another 3 WRs that's ok but also kinda silly cos i have to cut 3 WRs in the end.
Tho, during that post-draft period, you can trade players you just drafted etc, so maybe youre not wasting picks!

GG, what is the deal with this type of scenario:

Someone only decides to keep say 30, make no trades no only have the 6 picks, so they will be 4 players short. They cannot make extra additions until Sep 1 yes? So really people should just keep 34 anyway because they might as well hope those players suddenly become useful, because those spots would remain vacant until Sep 1 anyway

Is that right? Ie there is no free agency immediately after the draft is there?

Mustangs GM, Larry David, isn't totally happy none of the trades evenuated.. infact, he unleashed his frustrations last night at a friends poker night..

[YOUTUBE]4E_7q4hzWFc&hl[/YOUTUBE]

But luckily, I, the owner, don't share his views. *shrugs* we'll be striving to win regardless. :)

Of course you're happy none of the trades went through :p

Quinn for Bulger? You kidding me? Larry is going thru some tough times atm so he may have made some rash decisions. I'll call him up soon and see how he's coping..

[YOUTUBE]IqGN6aWKYUI&hl[/YOUTUBE]

GG, what is the deal with this type of scenario:

Someone only decides to keep say 30, make no trades no only have the 6 picks, so they will be 4 players short. They cannot make extra additions until Sep 1 yes? So really people should just keep 34 anyway because they might as well hope those players suddenly become useful, because those spots would remain vacant until Sep 1 anyway

Is that right? Ie there is no free agency immediately after the draft is there?

That's right. If you keep 30, draft 6, youd have room for 4 more players, but no free agency is open still. But remember, you can still trade during the pre-season period of roster evaluations. So you could thru trades acquire extra players thru like 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 type trades etc. So really it's up to people if they want to hold onto 34 for the sake of it, or cut under it.

Im just going to cut whomever i dont give a shit about anymore, if im under 34, if i have 30 or 28 i dont care, will just pick up more thru FA/Waivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quinn for Bulger? Where'd that come from... Didn't offer me that...

Just one of several trades LD sorted and I'm having trouble trying to determine who the hell he was dealing with. Left a short message on my answering machine before leaving for NY. The guy is in a real mess atm. I hope they buried his mom without any issues otherwise that may effect his mindset come the drafting period. I'll be screwed without a left hand man.

Re: Beta Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

Time to set up a trading block

Due to my unusual depth at QB, I have Jason Campbell, Derek Anderson and Sage Rosenfals (sp?) for trade. (Will entertain offers for Scuab and Big Ben as well)

I will entertain offers for most of my roster, however expect me to consider Brady and Steven Jackson as the two players likely to score the most in their respective positions next season.

I have just updated my trading block, am willing to trade pretty much anyone and everyone except Steve Slaton.

Greatest needs are QB, RB and LB.
PM me with any offers or expressions of interest and i will look over them with my general manager.

george-costanza.jpg

The only problem with George as a GM is that he will get too distracted by the likes of Jerry and Kramer, and his parents. Why it's a bold, but risky move.

Why the Baggers have been struggling ever since they replaced Judith Sheindlin with Missy Monroe as GM.

Re: Beta Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

I also need someone to step up and assume LM role for the draft itself, someone who'll do all the editing of the draft thread, making sure people are picking a player already taken, putting the hammer down when people are absent and the pick 'deadline' is elapsed, etc.

oooohhhh yeah thats right folks we have lured george costanza away from vanderlay industries and the yankees to take over wizards warriors in the biggest coup of the off-season.

costanza is in the building!!!

Another trade through... Between Mord and myself
Boldin + 1.06
for
Felix Jones + Ray Rice + 1.12

A bit in Mords favour, but overall a very balanced trade (Depending on what I do with 1.12 :p)

Another trade through... Between Mord and myself
Boldin + 1.06
for
Felix Jones + Ray Rice + 1.12

A bit in Mords favour, but overall a very balanced trade (Depending on what I do with 1.12 :p)

IDN about in MY favour.... we will see... Very balanced

CONFIRMED!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2009 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back