Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand loose man in defence? Is the phrase not self explanatory?

You flat out denying he doesn't play the role means nothing. Who do you think you are?

Not wanting to get in a **** fight, but loose man in defense is a player who does not have a direct opponent and plays predominantly in the defensive half.

Heppell thus far has always has a direct opponent. It may not be the oppositions best forward, but he always has an opponent.

I think you may believe he is the loose man because he often reads the play well and runs off his direct opponent to either intercept the ball or help out a team mate.

Yeah so easy to be as good as Heppell first year in playing at half back. Eagles could only dream that other top 10 picks in Shepperd and Gaff could be half as good.

"probably"... oh sure :rolleyes: Incredible that it's a West Coast supporter saying this. Who'd have thought it.

Heppell has been way more consistent than Shuey and his best is sublime. Shuey is obviously a gun, I just don't get the insecurity that people have where they need to bag another player to pump their own up
Don't think Heppell has been way more consistent. Shuey has been good all year, but his best games are just sensational, a level above what most in our team could manage. Even when he's not playing that well he's a creative and damaging mid, has probably only had one or two poor games for the year. Don't know how many Eagles games are on FTA over East but he is a super player to watch.

Obviously I want Shuey to win the RS and I reckon he's the standout so far. But if they go with Heppell, then fair enough. Still going strong and is very impressive, although I thought he was a bit down the last few weeks. Darling started off the season very well but has slowed, not easy for first year players to keep their performance up all season.

One thing I do know is that Crameri looks to be a gun. On the field, he sort of looks a bit like Judd, his head, body, way he moves, maybe just seems like that on tv, but anyway, he's a pretty damn good player.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Shuey in his third year of football?? Sure, he is eligible for the Rising Star, however it's a bit unfair to compare two guys where one has had 2-3 pre seasons under his belt, and the other not even a full pre-season.

It will be interesting to see how Heppell plays when he increases his fitness and puts on a bit of bulk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Shuey in his third year of football?? Sure, he is eligible for the Rising Star, however it's a bit unfair to compare two guys where one has had 2-3 pre seasons under his belt, and the other not even a full pre-season.

It will be interesting to see how Heppell plays when he increases his fitness and puts on a bit of bulk

Shuey is eligible for the RS award, so your point is moot

One thing I do know is that Crameri looks to be a gun. On the field, he sort of looks a bit like Judd, his head, body, way he moves, maybe just seems like that on tv, but anyway, he's a pretty damn good player.

i was thinking this too during the cats game.
Has the same sort of smarts and strong running that Judd does. Would love to see him get to half the consistency Judd performs at cos we look to really have unearthed one in him. Same applies to Hibberd. Every game ive seen he has shown a drive and composure that is going to make him very handy

re: Heppell. seems to be a lot like our entire season. Shows something and gets pinged for it. A lot of the criticism is also the same that big Dustin gets too. Cant complain.

Simple fact is, before the draft he was touted as top 3 and a GC certainty. HBF star with a lot of drive and attack. And he has lived up to it. If i was given the opportunity, i wouldnt select anyone else from the draft if we had pick 1. been looking for this type of player for a long time and finally got him.

i was thinking this too during the cats game.
Has the same sort of smarts and strong running that Judd does. Would love to see him get to half the consistency Judd performs at cos we look to really have unearthed one in him. Same applies to Hibberd. Every game ive seen he has shown a drive and composure that is going to make him very handy

re: Heppell. seems to be a lot like our entire season. Shows something and gets pinged for it. A lot of the criticism is also the same that big Dustin gets too. Cant complain.

Simple fact is, before the draft he was touted as top 3 and a GC certainty. HBF star with a lot of drive and attack. And he has lived up to it. If i was given the opportunity, i wouldnt select anyone else from the draft if we had pick 1. been looking for this type of player for a long time and finally got him.

Ok first bolded comment is a lot of crap... You state it as fact when it is factually wrong.

Second bolded point is laughable. Absolutely laughable. You are embarrassing your club and it's supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to the OP.

I recon Heppel shades Smith, Swallow and Sheuy at this stage for rising star. In a team that has been pretty up/down, he has been excellent.

The guy we need to keep an eye out for is McKenzie, he is a gun!

Why the **** are you guys arguing about these young players???

They're young players, who cares who wins the RS award, hopefully they go on to play 200 games and serve their clubs well.

IMO it'll be Heppell and Shuey contesting for the rising star, but the most important thing is that Essendon and West Coast have potentially elite players at their disposals :thumbsu:

A moot point even.

And IIRC he's only had one pre-season really. Had a shocking amount of injuries in his first two seasons. I'd much prefer he wasn't eligible and had 50 games next to his name by now.

Exactly right, I'd say if Shuey had played around 50 odd games more he'd be in line for more prestigious awards than the Rising Star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back