Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah has been off the last few weeks which probably coincides with our rubbish form but showed last night why he could be one of the best in 5 or 6 years time. His frame is a worry though, reckon in a few years he'll be prone to some roughing up.

335166-dyson-heppell.jpg

Pretty decent frame for a first year player.

Heppell will win the Rising Star, there is no doubt about that. Had it in the bag once Swallow didn't win the nomination in round one.

Shuey will be the better player though.

I think Heppell will be the better player but it is just that, an opinion. Both clubs would be happy with their respective pick ups

Heppell will win the Rising Star, there is no doubt about that. Had it in the bag once Swallow didn't win the nomination in round one.

Shuey will be the better player though.

Won't matter as Shuey will be in the red and black soon enough as well. That is a guarantee. ;)

while i rate heppell not hard to compare cheap possessions off half back against some pretty ordinary players with contested possessions in the mid field where the best players in the AFL roam for Swallow or Shuey up against Judd,Pendlebury,Murphy,JSelwood,Bartel,Swan etc ,etc then hardened taggers with bigger bodies looking to tackle and harress and stop them getting easy ball .

Heppell has played his two best games this year against the two best sides in the competition, Geelong and Collingwood. Enough said.

None of this "getting cheap possessions" & "playing on nobody" rubbish that delusionals who clearly don't watch much of Essendon continually come up with to discredit the kid.

and now we also have Hibberd....

nom this week??

Ill take the guy who runs through the midfield and hits up i50 targets over the guy who can handball 3m in a bit of traffic.... Thanks anyway.

Sure he looked pretty composed but so many of his possessions rarely went more than a a couple of metres and if it was easily accessible, the metres gained statistic would have Shuey probably closer to 2-3x more damaging

Ill take the guy who runs through the midfield and hits up i50 targets over the guy who can handball 3m in a bit of traffic.... Thanks anyway.

Sure he looked pretty composed but so many of his possessions rarely went more than a a couple of metres and if it was easily accessible, the metres gained statistic would have Shuey probably closer to 2-3x more damaging

"probably"... oh sure :rolleyes: Incredible that it's a West Coast supporter saying this. Who'd have thought it.

Heppell has been way more consistent than Shuey and his best is sublime. Shuey is obviously a gun, I just don't get the insecurity that people have where they need to bag another player to pump their own up

Heppell has played his two best games this year against the two best sides in the competition, Geelong and Collingwood. Enough said.

None of this "getting cheap possessions" & "playing on nobody" rubbish that delusionals who clearly don't watch much of Essendon continually come up with to discredit the kid.
Yep.

Shuey's best games have been against the 16th placed Power and against the Bulldogs in a 123 point belting. Hardly sighted against Collingwood. Let's see how he goes next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch would be the player i would single out as a clear standout of this draft on potential. Just has the best balance of football smarts, skills and athletic ability.
He will no doubt take some time to come along but he's just a very rare player.

This thread isn't about the Rising Star folks.

Darling is a key forward, a MUCH tougher position to play than loose across half back. How many goals did Heppell's opponent kick last night? My guess is at least 6. He is very overrated.
He plays loose with an opponent which is why they score so much on him.
Twit. Heppell didn't play back last night. The back six were Pears, Hurley, Fletcher, Hardingham, Hibberd and McVeigh. Heppell played midfield.

Pretty easily accessible. Heppell led the game for metres
gained. Next!

are you completely stupid? He wasn't a loose man in defence. He has never played as a loose man in defence.

Yeah ok.... Take off your rose coloured sunglasses. He does not play on the dangerous forwards. His disposals are link plays or bombs out of the back line. Swallow is taking on the elite mids in the comp. You wonder why Heppell is performing ok? Because he isn't in the thick of it, he's being sheltered (which is what should be happening). But this thread is saying he is the best of the draft. What a ridiculous statement.

Yeah ok.... Take off your rose coloured sunglasses. He does not play on the dangerous forwards. His disposals are link plays or bombs out of the back line. Swallow is taking on the elite mids in the comp. You wonder why Heppell is performing ok? Because he isn't in the thick of it, he's being sheltered (which is what should be happening). But this thread is saying he is the best of the draft. What a ridiculous statement.

so you don't even understand what "loose man in defence" means. Remarkable.

You should try to understand modern footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson Heppell - The Best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back