Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations guys.
Score board said 5 points but in reality that flattered us.
You were the dominant side after qtr time.

Although the game was a bit rigged. Should have been at Optus Stadium. We would have smashed you guys if it was played there. Instead we were forced by the cheating AFL scum to play on our home ground. :D:D

One thing we are all doing is having a drink. You guys are celebrating we are drowning our sorrows.

Enjoy.

Congratulations for what a great game and a great win. If it couldn't be us I am so pleased it that it was you guys. I have a special spot for the Eagles for the support that your players and supporters extended to us a few years ago. Your 4th flag was truly well deserved.

DoQDw0SU4AE8q3B.jpg
DoQDw0SU4AE8q3B.jpg

What a game! I was worried when they kicked the first 5 but remembered theyd done similar when we beat then at the g earlier in the year. Was confident we'd come back but thought we'd blown it in the 4th when we kept kicking behinds. Shred was awesome.

Watched it in a Dubrovnik pub with 50 ausies, went mental on the siren hugging strangers and high 5s. Just so happy for all the old players like Mecca, jk turn and schofield. Got to live the dream! What an amazing club and what an amazing win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I burst into ******* tears when Sheed nailed the goal and was inconsolable for half an hour
It hit me luck a ****en mac truck at that last stoppage. I've had tears run down my face multiple times since then

Funny how a premiership can make a grown man like my self cry.

At the game today, I cried like a baby. Couldn't help it. Every granny has a moment, Pies up by two and ball heads to half fwd and up flies McLovin with a huge mark. Ball moves down the other end for probably the best goal I've ever seen! Purely for the moment, meaning and the angle was bad. Gov and Sheed party hard tonight, clutch moments.

An interesting stat to point out - when the Weagles lose a GF, they win at least one in the next three seasons.

91 loss, 92 + 94 win
05 loss, 06 win
15 loss, 18 win

Seems like a pretty good system!

Congrats on the win coasters

Last edited:
seeing photos with the cup and the lads celebrating...just doesn't feel real.

How did this happen? Soooo much character shown by these guys... just a 180 from how they were...incredible. No words could describe the pride

Today was a pretty decent reflection of our year, actually. We’ve been really resilient all year. No NN? No worries, we have 2 guys waiting. Best outside mid whacks a guy for no apparent reason? No troubles, we just pull out that other leftie sitting in the wafl. Lose your best lockdown defender in sheptember? No troubles, we just bring in Everest.

Even when we went 5 goals down, I thought we would come back provided we got on the scoreboard. Yes, it took a bit of luck, but you need that sometimes. Such a wonderful win and I am so proud of all of them.

Congrats must go to Collingwood for putting on a terrific fight, they really were worthy of being there . But when all is said & done- there can only be one winner. And it took a ridiculous set shot to decide it in the end.

On a side note, I joined BF in 07’ so after that and the horrible seasons that followed, so it feels spectacular to finally write these words.

WE.ARE.PREMIERS!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back