Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I know how the system works. You just go from 1-70 and the bidding happens one by one.

But I think we need an easier system. Perhaps of everyone just lists who they bid with each of their picks. You could then work out the lowest bid for each pick, then the academy and fs teams decide if they match.

Actually a better option would be to ask Snoop Dog how he did it for the d&t mock. Any help snoop?

Sorry for being tardy in getting back to this. Yeah what I did was a bit hard to explain as we couldn't do it live but essentially I took the bids on all the players over a couple of days and made sure everyone got to upgrade it over that period of they wanted. Once closed the nominating teams could accept or reject. If accepted those players were slotted in one by one. That's important bc the value of players change. Having slotted them in you can work out the points required and then deduct them fr the updated picks / order. We essentially let people go into deficit as that is allowed albeit made sure it was reasonable. Remember any points left over results in an additional selection for that team. Hope it helps and again sorry didn't get back sooner but horses got in the road! Have fun.......

Sorry for being tardy in getting back to this. Yeah what I did was a bit hard to explain as we couldn't do it live but essentially I took the bids on all the players over a couple of days and made sure everyone got to upgrade it over that period of they wanted. Once closed the nominating teams could accept or reject. If accepted those players were slotted in one by one. That's important bc the value of players change. Having slotted them in you can work out the points required and then deduct them fr the updated picks / order. We essentially let people go into deficit as that is allowed albeit made sure it was reasonable. Remember any points left over results in an additional selection for that team. Hope it helps and again sorry didn't get back sooner but horses got in the road! Have fun.......

Thanks a lot mate, appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why hello, fellow keyboard warriors. It is time to show how knowledgeable we are about the Waylen Manson types of this years draft. First things first, I need 17 more participants. After I have the number required we will divide up the teams and make a start on the bidding process for the Academy Picks, which will be annoying, but then we'll make it through to the real thing.

Place your interest here!

1. thorne89 - Gold Coast
2. Turky - Port Adelaide
3. eagles rule - Carlton
4. WCE_phil - Adelaide
5. FiveStrings - Melbourne
6. Suma Magic - Hawthorn
7. Neuromancer - Geelong
8. ArdentEagle - Fremantle
9. dajesmac - GWS
10. Johnno22 - St. Kilda
11. Eagle Rock1 - Western Bulldogs
12. Aceknuckles - West Coast
13. avishka5 - North Melbourne
14. Jimmy_the_Gent - Essendon
15. The Gtrain - Brisbane
16. AsterixTheGaul - Collingwood
17. wraglesweb - Richmond
18. TheFreightTrain - Sydney

RESERVE SELECTOR:

Note: the reserve selector takes your pick if you miss the cut off!

Can we make a 2nd comp seeing how there are more than 18 fans on this page?

Maybe we could make it interesting? If you know what I'm $aying?

Saw this on AFL Draft, Trade, free agency, list and general news facebook page;
Could use it as a rough guide i guess.

Brett Anderson's Phantom Draft.

1. Carlton - Jacob Weitering
2. Brisbane - Josh Schache
3. Sydney - Callum Mills
4. Melbourne - Charlie Curnow
5. GWS - Jacob Hopper
6. Essendon - Darcy Parish
7. Essendon - Sam Weideman
8. Gold Coast - Clayton Oliver
9. GWS - Matthew Kennedy
10. Melbourne - Kieran Collins
11. Carlton - Harry McKay
12. Brisbane - Eric Hipwood
13. Adelaide - Wayne Milera
14. Carlton - Aaron Francis
15. Richmond - Callum Ah Chee
16. Adelaide - Ben McKay
17. St.Kilda - Rhys Mathieson
18. Hawthorn - Riley Bonner
19. Brisbane - Ben Keays
20. Gold Coast - Ryan Clarke
21. North Melbourne - Mitchell Hibberd
22. Hawthorn - Daniel Rioli
23. Carlton - Jade Gresham
24. W/Bulldogs - Darcy Tucker
25. W/Bulldogs - Braden Fiorini
26. Fremantle - Harley Balic
27. West Coast - Aidyn Johnson
28. Essendon - Tom Cole
29. Essendon - Ryan Burton
30. North Melbourne - Mason Redman
31. Collingwood - Alex Morgan
32. North Melbourne - Ben Crocker
33. Gold Coast - Luke Partington
34. St.Kilda - Bailey Rice
35. W/Bulldogs - Josh Dunkley
36. West Coast - Greg Clark
37. GWS - Harris Himmelberg
38. Port Adelaide - Brandon White
39. Fremantle - Jesse Glass-McCasker
40. Melbourne - James Parsons
41. North Melbourne - Will Snelling
42. Hawthorn - David Cuningham
43. Port Adelaide - Jack Cornell
44. Melbourne - PASS
45. GWS - Matt Flynn
46. W/Bulldogs - Callum Moore
47. Richmond - Blake Hardwick
48. Sydney - Mitch Brown
49. Gold Coast - Kurt Mutimer
50. Essendon - Declan Mountford
51. Carlton - Jack Silvagni
52. Carlton - PASS
53. Fremantle - Josh Schoenfeld
54. West Coast - Tyrone Leonardis
55. Collingwood - Reuben William
56. Geelong - Sam Skinner
57. St.Kilda - Liam Hulett
58. Sydney - Daniel Houston
59. Adelaide - PASS
60. Sydney - PASS
61. North Melbourne - PASS
62. Fremantle - PASS
63. West Coast - PASS
64. Hawthorn - PASS
65. Collingwood - Jack Firns
66. Brisbane - Corey Wagner
67. Gold Caost - Michael Hartley
68. Essendon - PASS
69. St.Kilda - PASS
70. Collingwood - PASS
71. Geelong - Tom Doedee
72. Port Adelaide - Nick Coughlan
73. W/Bulldogs - PASS
74. Richmond - Mitch King
75. Brisbane - PASS
76. Gold Coast - PASS
77. Geelong - Yestin Eades
78. Port Adelaide - PASS
79. Richmond - PASS
80. Geelong - Hugh Haysman

Academy and Father Son Bids.

- Melbourne bids Pick 3 for Callum Mills, Sydney Matches the bid by giving up Picks 34, 37, 38 and 45.

- Essendon bids Pick 5 for Jacob Hopper, GWS match the bid by giving up Picks 12 and 35.

- Melbourne bids Pick 9 for Matthew Kennedy, GWS match the bid by giving up Picks 41, 50, 52, 55 and 60.

- Adelaide bids Pick 12 for Eric Hipwood, Brisbane match the bid by giving up Picks 39, 39 and 40.

- Gold Coast bids Pick 19 for Ben Keays, Brisbane match the bid by giving up Picks 41 and 42.

- W/Bulldogs bids Pick 34 for Bailey Rice, St.Kilda matches the bid by giving up Pick 38.

- Port Adelaide bids Pick 37 for Harrison Himmelberg, GWS match the bid by giving up Picks 54 and 55.

- Port Adelaide bids Pick 43 for Jack Cornell, GWS Chooses not to match the bid.

- Collingwood bids Pick 55 for Reuben William, Brisbane chooses not to match.

MATCHED BIDS

Melbourne bid 7 on Jacob Hopper, GWS matched. GWS give up 43, 53, 55 and 58.

Gold Coast bid 16 on Matthew Kennedy, GWS matched. GWS give up 34 and 63.

Gold Coast then bid 16 on Eric Hipwood, Brisbane matched. Brisbane give up 38 and 39.

Fremantle bid 22 on Harrison Himmelberg, GWS matched. GWS give up 64, 65 and 70.

Fremantle then bid 22 on Ben Keays, Brisbane matched. Brisbane give up 40 and 41.

Gold Coast bid 56 on Bailey Rice (F/S), St. Kilda matched. They take Rice with 68.

Gold Coast then bid 56 on Jack Silvagni (F/S), Carlton matched. They take Silvagni with 59.

UNMATCHED BIDS

Fremantle bid 35 on Nick Coughlan. He is a Docker at that selection.

Sydney bid on Jordan Matera with 44. Working under the basis that WCE eventually nominate him, he is a Swan at that selection.

Fremantle bid 61 on Mabior Chol. He is a Docker at that selection.

Given Fremantle bid 61 on Lachlan Tiziani, and nobody else did, I will make him a Docker at 74.

West Coast bid 75 on Reuben William. He is an Eagle at that selection.

Just waiting on TheFreightTrain to tell me whether he wants to match his bids or not, will begin altering the order now.

Last edited:
MATCHED BIDS

Melbourne bid 7 on Jacob Hopper, GWS matched. GWS give up 43, 53, 55 and 58.

Gold Coast bid 16 on Matthew Kennedy, GWS matched. GWS give up 34 and 63.

Gold Coast then bid 16 on Eric Hipwood, Brisbane matched. Brisbane give up 38 and 39.

Fremantle bid 22 on Harrison Himmelberg, GWS matched. GWS give up 64, 65 and 70.

Fremantle then bid 22 on Ben Keays, Brisbane matched. Brisbane give up 40 and 41.

Gold Coast bid 56 on Bailey Rice (F/S), St. Kilda matched. They take Rice with 68.

Gold Coast then bid 56 on Jack Silvagni (F/S), Carlton matched. They take Silvagni with 59.

UNMATCHED BIDS

Fremantle bid 35 on Nick Coughlan. He is a Docker at that selection.

Sydney bid on Jordan Matera with 44. Working under the basis that WCE eventually nominate him, he is a Swan at that selection.

Fremantle bid 61 on Mabior Chol. He is a Docker at that selection.

Given Fremantle bid 61 on Lachlan Tiziani, and nobody else did, I will make him a Docker at 74.

West Coast bid 75 on Reuben William. He is an Eagle at that selection.

Just waiting on TheFreightTrain to tell me whether he wants to match his bids or not, will begin altering the order now.
Looks like my draft is done...Well, that was fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back