Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4 (formerly 3) - Melbourne - Darcy Parish (Geelong Falcons, midfielder, 180cm/74kg)

Very highly rated midfielder from the Geelong Falcons footy factory (thanks BT) who can play inside and outside but will probably be used outside and off a flank early in his career just because he's so lightly-framed. Very classy user of the ball and one of those guys like Pendlebury who just seems to have that extra second to size up his options.

I bid on Mills here and would have been happy to take him if Sydney hadn't matched, think he's the best mid in the draft. No offence Darcy.

Pick 9 (formerly 7) - Melbourne - Charlie Curnow (Geelong Falcons, forward, 191cm/95kg)

Doing the Geelong Falcons double act, Curnow is a 191cm forward in the mould of Jake Stringer or maybe Jack Darling with a bigger tank. A powerful athlete and a good mark, who will start off in the forward line but may transition into the midfield.

I chopped and changed with pick 3 - thorne can confirm I PM'd him yesterday saying that if the draft started and it got to my pick I'd take Weideman. Basically the idea was to get a top-class midfielder and a key forward with the two picks, and I thought Weideman would be the ideal forward line partner for Hogan and might not be available at 7, which in the end he wasn't. That being the case I was tossing up between Curnow and Harry McKay but I think this high in the draft you have to lean towards best available and I think I've definitely done that with both Parish and Curnow. Had I gone Weideman at pick 3 I'd have been choosing between Oliver, Milera and Balic at 7 but I'm very happy with the Parish/Curnow combination.

I personally prefer the Parish/Curnow combination to a Weideman/Balic or Milera (Oliver wasn't slipping past GC).

Think you've done really well with those two selections.

Hold on thorne89 how can GWS still have pick 12?? Points are taken from the highest picks available. I don't think you can just stockpile late picks and use them instead

Tbh I just assumed that the reason why the clubs were stocking up on the low picks was because they could just bundle them together to 'pay' for the Academy players.

Ahhh ok. The reason they were stocking up on late selections was because they could trade their higher selections for multiple lower selections which have a greater overall value. Say for example Sydney traded pick 23 (~700) for picks 36 & 37 (~850). Those are purely estimates but Sydney gain more points for their academy selections and WC were able to upgrade their picks in a weak draft.

Ahhh ok. The reason they were stocking up on late selections was because they could trade their higher selections for multiple lower selections which have a greater overall value. Say for example Sydney traded pick 23 (~700) for picks 36 & 37 (~850). Those are purely estimates but Sydney gain more points for their academy selections and WC were able to upgrade their picks in a weak draft.
Yeah I know that, but I didn't know that points had to be taken from the highest pick available. If they could scrounge the points from lower picks I assumed that would suffice. I mean, pay somebody 1 dollar in 5c pieces is still the same value as paying somebody 1 dollar in 50c pieces.

Yeah I know that, but I didn't know that points had to be taken from the highest pick available. If they could scrounge the points from lower picks I assumed that would suffice. I mean, pay somebody 1 dollar in 5c pieces is still the same value as paying somebody 1 dollar in 50c pieces.

Oh right my bad. I totally understand where you're coming from but I don't believe that's the case. I don't mind and am happy to leave it the way it is if that's easier I was just momentarily confused.

That aside really appreciate the effort you've put into this, haven't had a selection yet but all is going smoothly and hopefully I get my chance to shine later on with some gems in the rough :)

Oh right my bad. I totally understand where you're coming from but I don't believe that's the case. I don't mind and am happy to leave it the way it is if that's easier I was just momentarily confused.

That aside really appreciate the effort you've put into this, haven't had a selection yet but all is going smoothly and hopefully I get my chance to shine later on with some gems in the rough :)
Thanks for the heads up re: the rules - I will happily admit I don't understand all of the ins and outs. It will be easier to keep the order as is, I (in typical cocky fashion) deleted the ongoing orders as I went so I can't retrace my steps without a bit of work.

Actually it probably isn't that hard - I will change the order, meaning GWS give up that earlier pick but keep most of their later ones.
Changed. It may not be perfect but now it is closer to what it will be, rules followed as closely as possible.

Is it bad that I didn't even know I had pick 12.

Interesting if that's true about the rules. Don't really agree with it at all but if that's the case it's definitely interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of my planned pick options are gone WTF .

Carlton with formerly Pick 8 take ;

Wayne Milera H/F ,Mid 185cm 75 kg

1444525283021.jpg

Milera's run of form at senior level has seen him jump up draft boards. The South Australian played some senior footy for Central District in the SANFL earlier this season but it was his performances late in the year which caught the attention. His 25-disposal and five-goal effort against Glenelg was special, particularly having been told by recruiters that week he needed to find more of the ball. He missed Central's first final after undergoing minor heart surgery, but returned with a brilliant display in the semi final. The classy half-forward kicked three goals and sent his team into the preliminary final.

Last edited:
Adelaide take Mitch Hibberd.

One of adelaide's biggest issues has been in transitioning the ball from half back to half forward. Smith is very good at it but the crows want him spending more time in the midfield and on top of this without help it's much easier for their opposition to shut down one key playmaker from defence.

Adelaide take Mitch Hibberd.

One of adelaide's biggest issues has been in transitioning the ball from half back to half forward. Smith is very good at it but the crows want him spending more time in the midfield and on top of this without help it's much easier for their opposition to shut down one key playmaker from defence.
Damn you. I wanted mitch at north.

Richmond pick 13 take ;

JADE GRESHAM

177cm 75kg

What hasn't Gresham done in his draft year, averaged 29 disposals and kicked 15 goals from 13 TAC cup games

He showed the same ability in the u18 championship averaging 23 disposals five clearances and going better than a goal a game

That form warranted him a spot in the All Australian team along with winning the MVP award for Vic Metro

He also took out the Tac cup coaches award and was runner up in the morris medal

He was one of four players to win the goal kicking at the combine and tested one of the best in the handball and kicking test

He's a natural footballer with class and i regard him as one of the best mids in this draft and has all the attributes to become a potent small forward something Richmond are lacking ... Just wind him up and let him go !!

Thought he might have lasted a bit longer you're unlucky there.
Come draft night i would be expecting riley bonner to be a crow. Crows have been wanting for an elite outside players with elite footskills and decision making and the south australian is a perfect fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back