Eagles, Dogs, Tigers try to do deal

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can get 22 for Schulz off Port we'll gladly take that off your hands :D or alternatively 26 would do fine.
If we could get a pick lower than 26, then I would gladly hand over 26 to the Eagles for Seaby. Somehow though I don't think it will happen.
Not unlike hearing rumours on SEN. :eek:
Which more often than not come from BF.

Re: Eagles, Dogs, Tigers to do deal

Think through that logically

If we wanted Farren Ray - we'd take him in the PSD or do a deal that would be in our favour

Whey would we give up Seaby for Ray?

Ray has stated if a deal can't be done he'd re-sign with the Dogs, he won't nominate for the PSD. He's got good mates at the Dogs at from the sounds of it both player and club will come to an arrangement if a mutually beneficial trade can't be done, and good on them.

Sign him on a 1yr deal, see how he goes, he may have a better year and earn an extention or his trade value might go up.

Re: Eagles, Dogs, Tigers to do deal

Ray has stated if a deal can't be done he'd re-sign with the Dogs, he won't nominate for the PSD. He's got good mates at the Dogs at from the sounds of it both player and club will come to an arrangement if a mutually beneficial trade can't be done, and good on them.

Sign him on a 1yr deal, see how he goes, he may have a better year and earn an extention or his trade value might go up.

I dont know where everyone seems to have got this impression...

Bulldogs' football manager James Fantasia was told yesterday that Ray will not agree to remain at Whitten Oval under any circumstances.

"It's up to the Bulldogs to get a deal done because otherwise he'll go through the pre-season draft," said Ray's manager, Rick Olarenshaw, who spoke with Fantasia yesterday.

"Farren wants to see a win-win deal struck. He'd like to get to the club of his choice and see the Bulldogs get something in return. That would be good. If not, then he will go for nothing.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24462814-2722,00.html

One more consideration is according to Greg Denham Richmond are right on their TPP limit and to take Seaby they will have to offload someone.

Denham wouldn't know his arse from his face.

The guy is an imbecile of the highest regard. Would not know anything about our club, not the most welcomed person down there.

Countless times he says stuff on KB's show and he gets corrected by callers in, it's laughable how this guy could ever be regarded as an "expert".

One more consideration is according to Greg Denham Richmond are right on their TPP limit and to take Seaby they will have to offload someone.

Seems unlikely. The better players on our list are either veterans ( Richo ), or young enough to be on relatively small contracts. If this were the case, it could only be from major front-loading some of the kids contracts.

Denham wouldn't know his arse from his face.

The guy is an imbecile of the highest regard. Would not know anything about our club, not the most welcomed person down there.

Countless times he says stuff on KB's show and he gets corrected by callers in, it's laughable how this guy could ever be regarded as an "expert".

I like his voice though... it keeps me in bed for an extra hour :thumbsu:

Can't say I'm a big fan of Shulz, a relatively realistic trade though.

Hughes has had one or two good games and seems like he could be a very good forward.
I think most Dogs supporters would prefer a Ray Hughes Seaby deal.

This was suggested by FiveStrings on the WCE board although I tampered with it slightly :p

Richmond: Seaby
WCE: Ray and 32
WB: Schulz and 36

Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray and pick 32 for Seaby? Seaby would be lucky to get 32 on his own. in Fact no chance.
And you would be lucky enough to get any pick for Ray considering he could come to us for nothing in the PSD. Seaby has a contract though so we do not have to trade him and he has said if no deal can be made, he will stay and play next year. We are only considering trading him as he is keen to move on so he can be a number 1 ruck and we always try to trade do what is best by our players in this way.

As has been said already, we are also giving up pick 36 in that deal, so it is only a 4 pick upgrade of our third rounder and a player we could get for nought in the PSD. What a huge trade. :rolleyes:

I would rather Hughes and an upgrade for Seaby(if he was on the table going by the OP's 3 way trade), though whether we need Hughes is another matter.

Seaby is worth pick 26 not Ray. Id rather a trade with Richmond as(no offence to any Bulldogs supporters) Ray is the last player we need.

If the Eagles staff were interested in Ray wouldnt a better trade to explore be a straight swap for Hansen?

whats with you WC & bulldog supporters. both your players want to leave, looking at it with an unbiased view ray is worth a 3rd round at best, similar to what we would get for tambling / meyer. seaby in any previous draft would get you a second round pick, but under the current environment seby also at best is worth a 3rd round. the tigers have the upper hand in that its players don't want to leave.

whats with you WC & bulldog supporters. both your players want to leave, looking at it with an unbiased view ray is worth a 3rd round at best, similar to what we would get for tambling / meyer. seaby in any previous draft would get you a second round pick, but under the current environment seby also at best is worth a 3rd round. the tigers have the upper hand in that its players don't want to leave.

i no ray is SH!T proberly a 3rd rounder would like second tho :D, but truly i think hawthorn would be happy to give up buddy and roughhead pluss pick 16 for him that would be very fair :D and yes i will keep dreaming

Those talking about us giving up McGuane are deluded. He's definitely got to stay (he, Thursfields, Moore and Rance are untouchable IMO). I wouldn't mind given up Pattison. Hughes is the most uncertain but has the most potential and Schulz we should hold for 1 more year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles, Dogs, Tigers try to do deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back