tess

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2002
"on the prowl"
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Northern Saints/VFL Pies
I'm noticing that every Eagles supporter I see walking around good old Melbourne Town is wearing what appears to be Brand New Blue and Gold WCE paraphernalia.

Do the Eagles have more bandwagoners than even .... lets say St Blunda?

All the new stuff does look nice and, um... un-worn, but to us Melbournians it only makes it obvious these "supporters" are real Bandwagoners.

I'd say its most likely because we wash ourselves and our clothing on a regular basis, perhaps a bit of a unique concept for collingwood supporters.

Seriously, given how quickly grand final tickets sold out and the fact that members have priority, any eagle supporters in melbourne who is a bandwagoner is also a pretty handy psychic, since they would have jumped on the bandwagon around a season ago.

tess said:
I'm noticing that every Eagles supporter I see walking around good old Melbourne Town is wearing what appears to be Brand New Blue and Gold WCE paraphernalia.

All the new stuff does look nice and, um... un-worn, but to us Melbournians it only makes it obvious these "supporters" are real Bandwagoners.

tess dear it really is time you got over your st. kilda obsession. The clear majority of supporters I know have supported this club over many years, most of them bad ones. Bandwaggoners attach themselves to any successful club. A brief scan of this board will attest to that, saints have no more than any other club, including yours just a couple of years ago. The repetition of your silly little namecalling does nothing to enhance your credibility.

tess said:

How can there be bandwagoners when had a membership waiting list BEFORE the start of the season?

Any excuse to take a shot I guess.

The club brings out new gear every year and eagles fans can afford to buy it.

For some reason they dont see the advantages of wearing a 10 year old unwashed stinky scarf and jacket. strange lot them perthians

Max zero said:
How can there be bandwagoners when had a membership waiting list BEFORE the start of the season?

Any excuse to take a shot I guess.

Waiting list..... much like the Crows waiting list hey?

Because Subi is NOT big enough, much like AMMI!

tess said:

it's true, all the scarfs look brand new!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sedders said:
For some reason they dont see the advantages of wearing a 10 year old unwashed stinky scarf and jacket. strange lot them perthians

If we have to explain it to you,

T
..R
....A
......D
........I
..........T
............I
..............O
.................N

It's a wonderful thing.
You WCE people should try it some time.

tess said:
If we have to explain it to you,

T
..R
....A
......D
........I
..........T
............I
..............O
.................N

It's a wonderful thing.
You WCE people should try it some time.

Still not answering the question?

I ask again: how can we have bandwagoners when we had a waiting list for memberships BEFORE the start of the season?

tess said:
Well, I'm not in Melbourne yet, but I'll be wearing a scarf to the game that was there at the 1992 Grand Final...

that new shirt has only came out last season/this season..........its a new shirt for gods sake....

Every news article here in perth, show supporters with brand new scarves, jackets etc.

I am proud that my Bombers scarves still have the VFL logo on them.

was out in the city and i saw a couple of eagles supporters carrying on as if they were premiers.

Quite premature if you ask me.

You can party maybe 1-2 days after the prelim, but thats it. Right about now i'd be a nervous wreck if the pies were playing this week.

Max zero said:
Still not answering the question?

I ask again: how can we have bandwagoners when we had a waiting list for memberships BEFORE the start of the season?

Because in the late 90's you didn't have a waiting list, because people stopped renewing memberships after years of losing, now you are winning again there is a waiting list, not to hard to figure out.

If scarves look new, it's because you're a f*cking moron if you wear a scarf around Perth. The sun actually shines here and the skies are blue. You could get away with wearing shorts and a singlet in the middle of winter here.

That's why more people might have new guernseys becuase they're made from the breathable fabric which actually keeps you cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles in Melbourne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back