Early Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

dont get me wrong some people are serious, but other are just players pumping themselves up and each other up!!
also my sons best mate said the vic metro had a presentation last nite?
Results?

Yeah the vic metro best and fairest was on.
1.Jared Moore
2.Marc Murphy
3.Jayden Attard

Inside Info Man can you give us any more detail on what your dad said to you. What clubs said that?

What names mentioned on this site doesnt he think will be getting drafted?

thanks for that, but i found out from my newphews best mate, that it was equal 2nd between marc murphy and Jayden Attard and Ryan Bain was third, Wouldnt mind having one of those trophys on the bedside table, i belive all four were given a tropy!

hawks 2008 it is not my dad who gives me the information it is a friend of the family!
he didnt say that they wont get drafted he just said alot of them are overrated and will struggle to get picked!

Thunderstruck said:
Everyone keeps on putting Wood for Adelaide!!! I dont want Wood! He is an excellent tap ruckman but doesn't get enough in general play, he is similar to Clarke, maybe a bit better but really Id much rather go after a good quality midfielder first or Griffen or Grundy if they are still there.

Exactly. We DON'T WANT Cameron Wood. We need a ruckman who is ready for AFL, and Wood isn't that, he's too thin and needs to do some work in the Gym. It would be a waste of time, especially when we are rebuilding or regenerating and he's gonna take a couple of years to be ready for it. Griffen or Grundy if they are still there. Anyone know anything about McMahon?

Adelaide are in a rubuilding phase. Why not take a player who will be terrific in 2-3 years when he fills out and Develops into a terrific ruckman to replace the retiring clarke and to back up biglands. Wood could the answer to your future problems for ruckmen. that is what recruiters and clubs are thinking when they draft ruckmen. the only player that i know that was able to get drafted and enter AFL the next year was Josh Frasier, he was different though an already developed ruckmen that collingwood were striving for. Adeliade don't need a ruckmen in 1 year but in 3 they do.

Does anyone rate Jarrod Garth from tasmania. he was solid at the 18's carnival. His last four weeks have been impressive at club level dominating full forward with 32 goals in those games. He has also proven that he can play midfield with some good performances at TAC cup level. he is certainly big enough to play both key-pos and on-ball being 190cm and 95kg. Anyone else have any thoughts on this talented youngster?

ive never seen jordan lewis play, from what i can gather he is quite physical and hard at the ball etc. could this be because he is a year older than some of the highly touted names?? or is he genuinely a good player. i find it hard to believe that a guy is expected to go in the first round who didnt get drafted last year basically cause he is very well built and can push some the small under developed kids around.

im not critising just curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

inside info man said:
I Have A Mate Who's Dad Talks To Afl Clubs On A Regular Basis And I Mentioned Some Of The Names That Have Been Mentioned On This Site And He Thinks That The Draft Mit Be A Bit Of Shake Up For People On This Site! All The Names Mentioned On This Are People Who Have Been Mentioned In The Paper And Other Sites And Are Mainly Players From The National Carnival! Alot Of Recruiters Were Very Disappionted With The Standard Of The National Championships! He Said That Deleido Is Already Number One And Franklin May Not Go Top 6! You May Find That Alot Of People This Year Drafted Didnt Play In The Championships!
Thanks for the input, but why the hell did you use a cap at the commencement of each word?

footyfreak:

"The AIS means a lot but it's not the end of the world. Finals means a lot aswell "

true, but you have to admit it does play a fairly big part! there were alot of shocks, in the final selection and i expected a few to go that didnt, including jolly.

Most years there are names added to the draft camp and state screenings even up to the week before. There have been plenty of examples where the AFL clubs have bleated about the quality of talls and then a batch of 10 have been added late. Also examples where 'smokies' like Burgess last year get called up. I would have thought that the list people have seen is a preliminary list, certainly not set in stone.

i thought once the names of the people who are attending the camp are out there was no change. Why would they add more people? If they have a good secong half of the season?

As long as he continues to play as well next year as he has done this year, he would have to be a good chance of being drafted. I would think he will be a shoe in for their B & F.

Re: eddie betts

juDDa said:
i think betts will go to carlton as they need a small crumbling forward like him! imagine him feeding off fevola! and also pagan will be the type of coach to bring him upto an awesome standard! he might go earlier than everyone thinks!

Stretton is better than Betts
Does anyone think Sharp is soft and can be easliy put off his game by some hard hits?

Are you referring to ben sharp of oakleigh chargers?

i played junior cricket with him (was year above) and alot of his team-mates from ashburton went to my school, they said he was a fitness freak (used to run 7km each morning, this would have been when he was around yr8-9) but was easily intimidated so when i heard he was a gun footballer i expected him to be the classic soft-receiver, so what you say doesn't surprise me, plus to me he appeared a bit un-coordinated at times and wasn't a fluent mover as i had expected, but he's got the stamina none the less

Remove this Banner Ad

Early Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back