Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the succession plan had Hilary in mind....the best laid plans etc
She must feel so gutted, so crestfallen.

First, out of nowhere this young guy Obama knocks her off the nomination perch.
Then this non politician Trump knocks her out of the presidency.

if ever an organisation was crying out for new ideas and a fresh pair of eyes it's the Collingwood Football Club, but Kim Jong-Ed wants to see us through this tough time that he himself has largely engineered.

I agree. He is a large part of the current problem, not solution.
However he can't be voted against when nobody challenges him.
So i guess we are stuck with him until that happens.

So the club needs a rebuild,does it?I thought everything was just fine and dandy at the club.
March 2016 : "Bucks has done everything that was asked of him by the board"

July 2017: "we just need to rebuild it"

Eddie stated on Triple M that he won't be going anywhere and that he will lead the struggling club through a rebuild. Lets just hope the right decisions are made at the end of the season.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-club-in-the-tough-times-20170719-gxe37w.html

Eddie yet again showing he is Big Part of the Problem.

It's all about Him and he is the 1 that makes the Final Decision. He just hire his Mates.

Should be Independent People making Calls on Re-Building this once great Club

No wonder the Club is going Backwards Very Fast.

Just go away Eddie. You doing more Harm then Good to the Footy Club

I was going to post this in main board Robo thread but I don't think I should do that.

Robbo is a DH and there are real issues between him and Collingwood but some of what he said is semi accurate. Eddie shouldn't go because the succession plan failed he should go because every Board, CEO and coaching appointment since 1998 have been made by him so everything that isn't right at the club now comes back to him. He has run his race.

He's made it clear he isn't going anywhere and it's fanciful to expect an EGM and spill so Eddie will be Collingwood president for a long time yet. At least he'll have the review to focus on and can blame the soon to be reported lack of spending on the football department due to the AFL tax system for the fall away in recruiting and development which alone with the FD head rotating door lead to our decline. Going to be an interesting read this report. Anyway, at least Eddie won't (can't) chose the next coach. Surely we'll have some sort of process and criteria????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally irrelevant comment, bud. Trump won the elections and is in first part of his term. And in fact Trump went against the cozy Republican succession plan - whose man was Jeb Bush.

Erm... I was making the point that not all mandated rules lead to a good outcome. Which I think is pretty cogent actually, bud.

Totally irrelevant comment, bud. Trump won the elections and is in first part of his term. And in fact Trump went against the cozy Republican succession plan - whose man was Jeb Bush.
Got to say one thing

Low Energy Jeb Bush was a brilliant name for him.

Was very biting, cutting, and effective

Last edited:
The Robinson article on McGuire was on the mark. And it was done respectfully.

At the same I am really annoyed at Robbo because all such an article will do is strengthen McGuire's resolve to stay at the club and then ultimately, there will be no material positive change (even if Buckley goes) as to the management of the club going forward.

And of course, post the Robbo article, you knew it was coming - supporters criticising Robbo and fully supporting the "man of the people". After all, Robbo was the one who single handedly destroyed the Pies season in 2016 before it started.

Of course, Eddie defended his position and his army of minions fell into line.

April 2017: "The results will come and the results will be decided upon and action will be taken because no person, whether it is the president or the coach or a player or anybody, is bigger than the club."

July 2017: "our performances on the field haven’t been good enough"

September 2017: ???

Erm... I was making the point that not all mandated rules lead to a good outcome. Which I think is pretty cogent actually, bud.

As I said - totally irrelevant. What are "mandated rules" in this context i.e. term of office? There is no mandated rule re Eddie's term of CFC Presidency (from what I gather) and re Trump's candidacy, the mandated rule for election was the Electoral College votes -from which it would follow that your "cogent" point is that Trump is not a good outcome. [I have no comment on Trump (in this thread)].

But moving on, there should be limits on senior positions as a matter of good business practice. Eddie has had a very long stint in his senior CFC role and, good bloke that he is, may not have sufficient self-awareness to be able to separate the roles of Church and State (if you get my drift).

If so, then this may not end well for all parties concerned.

April 2017: "The results will come and the results will be decided upon and action will be taken because no person, whether it is the president or the coach or a player or anybody, is bigger than the club."

July 2017: "our performances on the field haven’t been good enough"

September 2017: ???

Dinner at the Vue De Monde with a contract for Buckley to sign.

There ain't many things that set off my bullshit detector more than use of the term "future proofing".

I guess we just have to wait for what comes out of the review.

There ain't many things that set off my bullshit detector more than use of the term "future proofing".

I guess we just have to wait for what comes out of the review.

Slobbo just said on 360 that the review is geared towards exonerating the Grand Master.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Eddie adamant he will lead club through a rebuild

Back