• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that strikes me as odd is that reading this thread there are a lot of people who are fed up and want change.

But when I listen to SEN talkback, nearly every caller supports Bucks and McGuire. The disparity is quite strange.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that reading this thread there are a lot of people who are fed up and want change.

But when I listen to SEN talkback, nearly every caller supports Bucks and McGuire. The disparity is quite strange.

On here people like to delve into the details, but most people don't care how sausages are made. With that perspective in mind, bucks look the part and Eddie is good at preaching to the choir.

So it doesn't surprise me that they would have good support amongst the broader supporter base.

I'm surprised at this. The club now has plants ringing SEN?:)

All the Pies fans I talk to are ready for change, be it Ed or Bucks, or both. But the wish is rarely accompanied by vitriol. More like despair.

ThatsGold for player development... and wellbeing. Gimpy for treasurer; he can manage all the gorillas the club makes.
Baltimore Jack for supporter and member relations manager, Vicky park for player appearance stylist coach, Apex for club noob, Saintly as the LGBT liaison officer, Jmac as club bar manager. Tradecraft as head of strength and conditioning.

I've never watched an episode. Frasier looks like your typical dh. It's rare I find any comedians funny to be honest. I don't mind the comedy lounge in Nth Melb though. Sitcoms like Frazier Seinfeld etc bored the living shit out of me.
What about Housos and fat pizza?

Blah blah blah we are struggling becaus

Well look at our players! Its pretty obvious they don't touch the weights so it makes sense to try and get some use out of them.
Could work in our favour. Maybe Broomhead and Aish and Phillips and Oxley etc will start to show an interest in the weights room if it's open to hot chicks from the public.

Wow, how ever will we survive without getting zero gate from Melbourne on Queens Birthday? That is up there with dumbest reasoning I've ever seen.

Besides what good are 'marquee' games (if we were actually getting paid for them) when the rest of our home games have very low turnouts based on membership numbers and previous year attendances?

Eddie and co. have turned the biggest, richest club in the land into one of the most frugal, poorly run businesses in the space of half a decade. If he had an ounce of humility he'd fall on his sword.

Would you like me to join the dots for you?

Queens birthday, blockbuster game, increases the interest in our club...players love playing them so we can also attract better players (often stated as a reason why players choose to come to Collingwood) but the greatest impact is on our bottom line from sponsorship. We get our sponsors dollars because of our exposure. Queens bday would be one of the most watched regular season games. Freeze MND more recently, great media exposure and opportunities to capitalise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anzac Day and queens birthday were fixtures before Eddie, has there been any more that he's brought in during his time? I cannot recall. It's the drawing power of the club that sees us in blockbusters.

He's done some good which should be celebrated, but I don't buy into the myth making either. It's not Eddie that made Collingwood, quite the opposite actually.

You are correct in that he didn't set them, clubs have been clambering to take them of us. He has defended well. Although we did lose the season opening game.

Eddie definitely did not make Collingwood agreed, but he did save it. And yes I agree Collingwood made him too!

'Who is the alternative.. will they guarantee success?' What kind of question is that? Are you allright?
Do you have comprehension issues? Who are the proposed alternatives? People are talking about replacing him, not all change is positive...it could make it worse. Though my questions were quite straightforward.

Premierships are hard to win.

All the Pies fans I talk to are ready for change, be it Ed or Bucks, or both. But the wish is rarely accompanied by vitriol. More like despair.

Same, even the most loyal pies people I know have given up and want change at all levels. Yet talk back in the polar opposite.

Bigfooty is its own little world.
Has its ways and means.

(We are no different to any echo chamber)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN has a tiny segment of the overall market. Divide that tiny segment by 18 and then divide it again because only a certain % of supporters that are Collingwood and listen to SEN are motivated to call (I'd say only 10-20% at a guess). You could probably also divide again by 1-2 because of the repeat callers.

Overall we're talking a minute segment of the larger supporter base being reflected in talkback calls. That's before we even consider that a certain % is most likely neutrals trying to stir anti Buckley supporters up by saying he should stay.

From my perspective it's strange that they still need further proof that change is required, but overall a different breed to people on here.

If I was President of Collingwood I might just want to be that forever.......anyone else feel the same?

Me too, but I'd still hope someone challenges once in a while to keep me on my toes.

If I was President of Collingwood I might just want to be that forever.......anyone else feel the same?
No, actually quite opposite.

I'd want a designated time, do what I thought was best, then move on gracefully for the next lady / gentleman as president.

That way, you do what you feel is required, get it done, move on.
I'm not keen on personal fiefdoms.

To me governance is important. So the president with their board should over see that

Baltimore Jack for supporter and member relations manager, Vicky park for player appearance stylist coach, Apex for club noob, Saintly as the LGBT liaison officer, Jmac as club bar manager. Tradecraft as head of strength and conditioning.
That's gold

:rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow:

Oh and Doodles for managing Cox through his list transition

Robbo made a Good Comment last night on 360.

Eddie has Idea but who said there are good ones or crap ones?

He has had Crap ones Recently with 2 Big Ones with Gubby and the Succession Plan and Also Paying Unders for the Footy Department as he does not want the Club to pay Tax for Over Spending on the Footy Department. Just to make a Petty Point to the AFL

Robbo made a Good Comment last night on 360.

Eddie has Idea but who said there are good ones or crap ones?

He has had Crap ones Recently with 2 Big Ones with Gubby and the Succession Plan and Also Paying Unders for the Footy Department as he does not want the Club to pay Tax for Over Spending on the Footy Department. Just to make a Petty Point to the AFL
Sorry, You lost me at Robbo :eek: :p

The other day I heard the same club plant call SEN twice in the same day. Middle age lady with an Irish accent. "Leave Bucks alone" she said "he's a club champion and a good coach just let him do his job". She called in first thing that morning then again in the afternoon. Sometimes you've gotta laugh.

The other day I heard the same club plant call SEN twice in the same day. Middle age lady with an Irish accent. "Leave Bucks alone" she said "he's a club champion and a good coach just let him do his job". She called in first thing that morning then again in the afternoon. Sometimes you've gotta laugh.
Club plant?
Really?

Nobody would bother on that.

Maybe your lady just loves the coach. Happens :)

Club plant?
Really?

Nobody would bother on that.

Maybe your lady just loves the coach. Happens :)

Yeah nah not twice in one day saying exactly the same thing. No ones got time for that!

It's a big commitment getting on talkback radio. First you've got to keep calling until you get through then wait on the line for 45 minutes IF they eventually put you on air.

It's bad enough that I was listening to SEN that much that I actually heard her both times!

On here people like to delve into the details, but most people don't care how sausages are made. With that perspective in mind, bucks look the part and Eddie is good at preaching to the choir.

So it doesn't surprise me that they would have good support amongst the broader supporter base.

I very much care how sausages are made.

I'm not talking about floor sweepings, mechanically reclaimed meat & those paste mystery bags that Coles/Woolies sell.

I'm talking Italian pork with provolone.

That's the sort of sausage I want running this club!!!:drunk::p

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Eddie adamant he will lead club through a rebuild

Back