Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another example of Ed shooting from the hip. Getting ******* tired of it myself now...

Nah mate, good on him. I am more than happy for him to get stuck into people based on defending our club. It is all the other stuff that has nothing to do with our club that I am happy for him not having a public spat about.

Meh, I have no issue with it. Ed's perfectly entitled to defend the club and it's decisions, particularly when the criticism is coming from a club that's done nothing to justify getting chirpy just yet.

Sigh. Sometimes it's a good strategy to ignore the jibes and provocations. Rise above it and all that. Be statesmanlike. Just sayin...

Exactly - The MelbourneFC comments were not way over the top or anything. I wouldn't have made them in their position, but it's not a big deal in my opinion.
Ed took it personally as always & he seems to have trouble with any form of criticism.

Nah mate, good on him. I am more than happy for him to get stuck into people based on defending our club. It is all the other stuff that has nothing to do with our club that I am happy for him not having a public spat about.

That's the thing though and why I'm getting tired of it. Were Jackson wrong there's no need to go back at him. I'd like to see him focusing more on fixing the ills we currently have than defending how we got to this point...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly - The MelbourneFC comments were not way over the top or anything. I wouldn't have made them in their position, but it's not a big deal in my opinion.
Ed took it personally as always & he seems to have trouble with any form of criticism.

Ignoring it also makes us look better than them, and kills the story. Unless the story is 'Eddie doesn't respond to a jibe from Melbourne', which in the footy media is entirely possible.:rolleyes:

That's right 'sometimes'...other times it requires standing up to things. I am happy he did on this occasion.

A piss ant Club like Melbourne is having a go at Collingwood......FFS

Eddie's response was tame IMO.

Melbourne have a bit of history about doing this sort of thing
Ahhhhh Gary Lyon 2008?

"The symbolism of today shouldn't be lost on anyone," Lyon said.

"I think you will enjoy the fact that whilst tonight is the rebirth of this great footy club, our greatest rival is in disarray.

"The Collingwood footy club is going down the plughole as the Melbourne footy club re-establishes itself as a power."

2 years later we were premiers. :)

A piss ant Club like Melbourne is having a go at Collingwood......FFS

Eddie's response was tame IMO.
Agree, they got CEO paid for by the AFL, a subsidised coach by the AFL, sacked a coach that was asked to throw games and they have the gall to brag?

Not sure if I could have kept my mouth shut if I was Eddie. I despise Melbourne more than any other club!!!!!!

Probably, but that doesn't mean he needs to!

That's our point of difference. I think he did need to on this occasion. My opinion is based on the narrative around the transition being consistently written in a way to slag off our club, so I'm glad that it gets challenged.

Ahhhhh Gary Lyon 2008?

"The symbolism of today shouldn't be lost on anyone," Lyon said.

"I think you will enjoy the fact that whilst tonight is the rebirth of this great footy club, our greatest rival is in disarray.

"The Collingwood footy club is going down the plughole as the Melbourne footy club re-establishes itself as a power."

2 years later we were premiers. :)

This demonstrates the folly of making Big Statements and Grand Predictions, which our own club is regularly guilty of. I prefer the humble and modest approach myself, coupled with smashing sides on the field of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Back