EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macca i highly, highly doubt jesse is on that much, i dont pretend to know what he is on but we were almost at the limit last year so i cant see this being the case and even it is, it is 2 the detriment of the club and to jesse that you post this sort of information on big footy, we are trying to go places this year and need to focus on what's happening on the field rather then off it so please refrain from posting rubbish like that in the future, you are not doing anyone involved any favours what so-ever, including yourself

Macca i highly, highly doubt jesse is on that much, i dont pretend to know what he is on but we were almost at the limit last year so i cant see this being the case and even it is, it is 2 the detriment of the club and to jesse that you post this sort of information on big footy, we are trying to go places this year and need to focus on what's happening on the field rather then off it so please refrain from posting rubbish like that in the future, you are not doing anyone involved any favours what so-ever, including yourself

Hey HJ, Macca can post what he likes..........
Fact is to get Smith to OP you would've had to offer him a truck load of $$$'s. No doubt GV,KL,MP & SM would've been sniffing around him also.
If OP want to be successful you need to spend BIG $$$, you are not doing yourself any favours pretending that the club is not spending much(at the limit last year, Smith is min another 25k)........
And for focussing about what's happening on the field, it's November Einstein, there's nothing happening on the field, only news on who's being recruited where and for how much.
Anyway good luck down at feralsville this year

good luck to Chris Stewart ( MARIBYRNONG PARK ) trialling with essendon, seen him doing a time trial with them last week, so i assume rookie draft maybe?

played against him , a gun player, one grab mark type, took sth aus apart the year cooney was state capt when thrown in the ruck in the last quarter of that game after 2 huge marks centre half forward of the same game, im suprised he hasnt been given a try in the past.

Fact is to get Smith to OP you would've had to offer him a truck load of $$$'s. No doubt GV,KL,MP & SM would've been sniffing around him also.
If OP want to be successful you need to spend BIG $$$, you are not doing yourself any favours pretending that the club is not spending much(at the limit last year, Smith is min another 25k)........
And for focussing about what's happening on the field, it's November Einstein, there's nothing happening on the field, only news on who's being recruited where and for how much.

the club started training on a field on monday night mate and i dont know what happens elsewhere but you usually only train to improve your chances on gameday during the season?? and i'm not trying to pretend we are not paying good money, point was people read this forum and anyone who supports or is involved with any club shouldnt be getting on here and post things that may or may not upset a few people within their own backyard, we can leave that sort of rumor mongering up to people like yourself who probably have know idea whats happening down at "feralsville", am i suggesting that macca not post stuff like that, absolutely, are there better ways to go about it, absolutely... the more oak park people we get on here the better, i would enjoy my reading alot more anyway

the club started training on a field on monday night mate and i dont know what happens elsewhere but you usually only train to improve your chances on gameday during the season?? and i'm not trying to pretend we are not paying good money, point was people read this forum and anyone who supports or is involved with any club shouldnt be getting on here and post things that may or may not upset a few people within their own backyard, we can leave that sort of rumor mongering up to people like yourself who probably have know idea whats happening down at "feralsville", am i suggesting that macca not post stuff like that, absolutely, are there better ways to go about it, absolutely... the more oak park people we get on here the better, i would enjoy my reading alot more anyway

Fair call and agree that i was a little over zealous posting the "presumed" wage but lets be honest im not the only one whos mentioned it either on this site or around club circles and the broader footy community and i wont be the last who talks about presumed player payments ffs so relax. The only ones that knows the truth would be jesse, plunks & daryl

Im just stoked we have been able to secure a player of Jesses class and quality hes a top bloke and will be a great fit for our club were a young group who i believe is one of the tighter groups in the comp were lead well by albi

The big 4 clubs may well very have been sniffing around, but the fact that he has half a dozen good mates from the Bullants already playing down there already would definately have helped the cause. May have even substituted some of the cost too I would have thought.

im rapped with the signing myself mate and he should give us that serious top end class and ball use that we need in the big games, thought that's what we may have lacked in the semi against marbi, jesse isnt the only ex-bullant that has signed for the season either so we should be stronger again, still think keilor will be hard to toss though, i really rate the pick-up of nicholson if true, will give them some extra grunt along with the rest

im rapped with the signing myself mate and he should give us that serious top end class and ball use that we need in the big games, thought that's what we may have lacked in the semi against marbi, jesse isnt the only ex-bullant that has signed for the season either so we should be stronger again, still think keilor will be hard to toss though, i really rate the pick-up of nicholson if true, will give them some extra grunt along with the rest

Yeh agree Nicho is an absolute champ who's done the hard yards so deserves some success.

Also, is it true that Kade Carey is going to Marby?

In "talks" with Marby??? Maybe a month ago! Don't let Pillios (supposed EDFL's unbiased media man) pull your leg. He would have been spewing he had to confirm that much. If it was APW, Paccoe or another EDFL rival it would have been a different story

Carey's signed sealed and delivered. Doutta's are filthy. Told his mates/ex team mates and club officals he was retiring. The PR spin campaign will now begin etc etc.

Pillios should "out" the other tall ex AFL player they have signed. The river of gold keeps running

In "talks" with Marby??? Maybe a month ago! Don't let Pillios (supposed EDFL's unbiased media man) pull your leg. He would have been spewing he had to confirm that much. If it was APW, Paccoe or another EDFL rival it would have been a different story

Carey's signed sealed and delivered. Doutta's are filthy. Told his mates/ex team mates and club officals he was retiring. The PR spin campaign will now begin etc etc.

Pillios should "out" the other tall ex AFL player they have signed. The river of gold keeps running

Keep the River of Gold Flowing.
Go Marby!

Herad from a really good source that Nathan Mills has left OP after he was unable to come to terms with a new agreement. Apparently they were overing $200 per game and he wants $800.

Played ok last year but I think $200 is a fair price for him, he fumbles often.

Also heard somebody by the name of Fuzz or Redfuzz or fuzzy, I don't know had signed at OP after a couple of seasons in the Northern football league. Don't know much about him.......Highly rated though if OP have gone after him and are willing to pay $600.

I think OP are being smart with the amount of money they are willing to spend and who they are willing to spend it on.

Greenvale News:

New Recruits (so far),

* David Kovacevic (returning)
* Cam Wight (Weribee/Bulldogs)
* Shaun Neeson (50-50)
* Courtney Johns (Ex Ess)

more to come!

(Got this off www.edflfooty.com - theres more news with other clubs recruits aswel)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herad from a really good source that Nathan Mills has left OP after he was unable to come to terms with a new agreement. Apparently they were overing $200 per game and he wants $800.

Played ok last year but I think $200 is a fair price for him, he fumbles often.

Also heard somebody by the name of Fuzz or Redfuzz or fuzzy, I don't know had signed at OP after a couple of seasons in the Northern football league. Don't know much about him.......Highly rated though if OP have gone after him and are willing to pay $600.

I think OP are being smart with the amount of money they are willing to spend and who they are willing to spend it on.

Do you mean Duane 'Redfuzz' Whelan formerly of Abers and Jacana? He is a legend of a bloke so good luck to fuzz if its him.

Most player movements have been mentioned on the club threads.
Here are some main ones that I know of -
MARBY PARK - Aisake O'hailpin, Kade Carey, Adrian Gervasi, John Rombotis
GREENVALE - David Kovacevic, Cam Wight (Weribee/Bulldogs), Shaun Neeson (50-50), Courtney John (Ex Ess) , more to come
KEILOR - Marty Pask (Ex Lions/ Weribee VFL), Josh Young (Werribee), Any Nicholson (WC), Mikka James (possible return), Potential interstate
OAK PARK - Ed Clarke, Marc Lord (N Bullants/ O&M), Jessie Smith (Ex Carlton), Victor Sciliano (Vermont-Ex P Melb VFL), Luke Ryan, Dan Barassi (returning)
STRATHMORE - James Watts (Albion), Marc Scerri, Dale May, Mob O'Brian (all returning), Liam Wilkinson (Balranald), working on L.Harding.
AVONDALE - Got a quality indigenous mid and 6'5 German recruit.
CRAIGIEBURN - Shane Jacobs (50-50), Dean Haydock (Ex Heidelberg),
ABERFELDIE - Callan Glassford, Chris Goullet (PEGS), Steve Woodburn (possible return), Nick Camptan (Willi), Alistar Rae (Strathmore), Marwin Abdulwahed (50-50)
DOUTTA STARS - Jordan Barham (50-50),
TAYLORS LAKES - Aaron Ramsay, 2 Williamstowm mids, 1 WRFL Player
May be of interest.:thumbsu:

Andy Nicholson is a good pick up for Keilor, good player and quality bloke. Surprised there is no talk of anyone signing Robbie Hudson he is far too good to be playing B Grade

as a greenvale member, i am shattered to hear of some of our losses for the following season, but in saying that some handy recruits and young players coming up i think we can go one better next season.

also heard a rumor that jack kennedy is yet to sign with oak park? and greenvale want him? any truth to this?

as a greenvale member, i am shattered to hear of some of our losses for the following season, but in saying that some handy recruits and young players coming up i think we can go one better next season.

also heard a rumor that jack kennedy is yet to sign with oak park? and greenvale want him? any truth to this?

Not sure if the club has approached him, though I do know that he has a number of mates at Greenvale, who have tried convincing him to join the jets.

Would be a great pick up for Greenvale if they can get him.

How have the numbers at training been for oak park in recent weeks?

Big dramas at Craigieburn, no recruits players leaving and Captain stripped of the job and looking elsewhere!

When isn't there big dramas at craigieburn?? Club is a joke...... Should be a powerhouse ofthe edfl.

Surprised about Nolan being stripped of the captaincy if true

also heard a rumor that jack kennedy is yet to sign with oak park? and greenvale want him? any truth to this?[/quote]

already signed up, doing a pre-season at willy and his old man is coaching the 18's, has been at training so far on monday and thurs... numbers have been good and dont look to have lost anyone so it's full steam ahead, also picked up another bloke named nick....:confused: last name i forget , think he played at abers last year and played in a flag for wangaratta at 17 yrs of age so obviously has some talent

Few signings for Oak Park - Clarke is a silky footballer when on form.

Shepparton News said:
Friday, 3rd December 2010

Clarke, Lord out for Bears

The Bears' dream run with playing personnel over the off-season has come to an end, with Melbourne-based duo Ed Clarke and Marc Lord announcing they will not return next season.
Clarke and Lord, who have been playing together since they were 13 years old, will play for Essendon District Football League club Oak Park after both landed new and more time-consuming jobs in the city late last season.

Clarke, 24, said they had enjoyed their past two seasons with the Bears, and before that with Ovens and Murray League club Wangaratta, but it was time to find a more local option.

``We're both getting pretty serious about careers at the moment,'' he said.

``Goulburn Valley and Ovens and Murray are the leading leagues in country Victoria so we've really enjoyed the quality of the grounds and the competition, but we just want to play a little more locally now.

``It can be pretty hard finishing up a game and getting straight in the car and driving for two hours. Obviously it takes away time from your family and stuff, too, so all those things come into it.''

A host of recruits _ most of them former players at the club _ signed on with new coach Matt Byers to resurrect the once-mighty Bears after they finished winless and at the bottom of the ladder this season.

Clarke was to play a vital midfield role in the new-look line-up, while Lord, 25, was to play as a key forward or defender.

Byers said he was sorry to see the pair go, but that budgetary constraints prevented any larger offers to entice them to stay.

He also said the club had more than enough replacements, citing former Swan Luke Jarjoura and Barooga's Tyron Hill as two who would immediately fill the voids.

``They're (Clarke and Lord) good mates and they obviously decided they wanted to play together, and we've got no problems with that at all,'' Byers said.

``We've got plenty of youth and we're starting to rebuild.

``They chose that option and we wish them all the best in their future football.

``We wanted to keep everyone on board, but we've got a budget we need to stick to.''

Byers said the club's preseason recruiting was finished unless ``someone happens to bob up'' and that it was now focused on next season, adding that close to 80 players attended its first training session last fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back