EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to hear that Matty Pilios has moved to the NFL for at least the next two years.
Matt - you did a great job over the years promoting the EDFL thru TV, Radio, & social networks. Your contribution to the EDFL is valued by many supporters and will be missed.
No doubt one of the existing EDFL Board Members will stand up & pick where Matt has left things or will we be subjected to the two comedians from 2009 or the blonde that can't string two words that make any footy sense together.
Our media representation certainly moved forward in 2010, where will if go now.
The EDFL has certainly been driven by the clubs in recent years thru AFL/VFL player recruitment, ex-AFL players as coaches, increased playing budgets maybe the clubs need to pick the media side of things up as well.

No doubt mattys commentary and knowledge of the local comp will be missed, but to bag the others like that is totally unfair, i personally enjoyed the after match interviews with the players and coaches that were conducted and think it gave everyone great coverage that we wouldnt normally hear. i look forward to hearing who will be heading the coverage this year!

No doubt mattys commentary and knowledge of the local comp will be missed, but to bag the others like that is totally unfair, i personally enjoyed the after match interviews with the players and coaches that were conducted and think it gave everyone great coverage that we wouldnt normally hear. i look forward to hearing who will be heading the coverage this year!

Mate just an opinion. I believe they have already cancelled the web TV show. Matt was meant to head up the radio so let's see where they go now??

Mate just an opinion. I believe they have already cancelled the web TV show. Matt was meant to head up the radio so let's see where they go now??

No Matty, Probably no web tv show and no live radio match of the day.
The EDFL needs to step up and do everything to keep good people!

How the wheel has turned at Clifton Park. After years of fishing with the folding stuff but getting no nibbles the dam wall has broken.

Courtney Johns
Hayden Skipworth
Damian Peverill
Nick Capatan
Daniel Mangan
Chris Goullet
Alistar Rea
Callum Glassford
Another kid from Bendigo Bombers
Adam Houli full time
Plus more to come

Anything but a top 4 finish would now be disappointing. Will be a few bigfooty posters running around early this year ;)

Aberfeldie has stepped up and good luck to them.
They have seen what Marby has done over the past 3-4 years .
They should finish in the 4 this year.
Peverill and Skipworth should dominate in the middle.

Good luck to Abers, but do you really think the like of Greenvale, Keilor, Marby Park, Oak Park & Strathmore are going to just let them waltz into the top 4? Tell us where you see the ladder come September? I am sure we would all be interested.

Trouble with Abers - always promise but never deliver

Good luck to Abers, but do you really think the like of Greenvale, Keilor, Marby Park, Oak Park & Strathmore are going to just let them waltz into the top 4? Tell us where you see the ladder come September? I am sure we would all be interested.

Ladder prediction 2011.

Keilor
Greenvale
Oak Park
Marby
Aberfeldie
Strathmore
Avondale
Craigieburn
Doutta
Taylors Lakes

Ladder prediction 2011.

Keilor
Greenvale
Oak Park
Marby
Aberfeldie
Strathmore
Avondale
Craigieburn
Doutta
Taylors Lakes

Top three - Marby Park, Keilor, GreenVale
Strathmore to take 4th over Oak Park.
Followed by Abers & Avondale
Taylors Lakes
Relegation either Douttas or Crazyburn.
If either of these clubs get their act together Lakes could be in trouble.

I am new to this site but I am staggered buy the amount of $ thrown at players for a suburban league .
How can they sustain this sort of money I have the good oil that one div 1 team players bill only is 250K a year and that is not even taking into account the coaches bill but wghat really saddens me is to read what it cost the juniors to play at these clubs is just plain rude talk about killing the sport remember today's kid are tomorrow super stars .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My early ladder predictions:

1. Greenvale 15-3
2. Marby 14-4
3. Keilor 14-4
4. Oak park 13-5
5. Strathmore 10-8
6. Abers 9-9
7. Avondale 7-11
8. Douttas 3-15
9. Craigieburn 3-15
10. Taylors lakes 2-16

Only early days yet, but why not have a crack. I think Strathmore and Abers will be the movers. Strathmore will not be in the elite this year and Abers will move into the very competitive bracket.

My early ladder predictions:

1. Greenvale 15-3
2. Marby 14-4
3. Keilor 14-4
4. Oak park 13-5
5. Strathmore 10-8
6. Abers 9-9
7. Avondale 7-11
8. Douttas 3-15
9. Craigieburn 3-15
10. Taylors lakes 2-16

Only early days yet, but why not have a crack. I think Strathmore and Abers will be the movers. Strathmore will not be in the elite this year and Abers will move into the very competitive bracket.

My prediction:

1. Marby Park
2. Keilor
3. Oak Park
4. Greenvale

5. Aberfeldie
6. Strathmore
7. Avondale Heights
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Doutta Stars
10. Craigieburn

From what i've heard and what i've read on the clearance page D.S are in alot of trouble, they'll be lucky to be able to fill a 1's team let alone a 2's??? Does anyone know whats going on down there and why so many players are going, and have they recruited anyone???
Early favorites for B grade i think

My tips
1. Greenvale
2. Marby
3. Oak Park
4. Keilor
5. Strathmore
6. Aberfeldie
7. Avondale Heights
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Doutta Stars
10. Craigieburn

Will be a real cracker of a season with any of the eventual finalists a real shot at winning the flag.

My tips
1. Greenvale
2. Marby
3. Oak Park
4. Keilor
5. Strathmore
6. Aberfeldie
7. Avondale Heights
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Doutta Stars
10. Craigieburn

Will be a real cracker of a season with any of the eventual finalists a real shot at winning the flag.

1. Marby
2. Keilor
3. Greenvale
4. Strathmore
5. Abers
6. Oak Park
7. Avondale
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Douttas
10. Craigeburn

I think Abers will push for top 4 but may just miss out despite the strong inclusions. Really Strathmore Oakers and Abers could finish in any order.

Marby look too strong at the top end, as I think it is underestimated how much the loss of Super will effect Greenvale.

Relegation battle is on, and if the mass exodus of players at Douttas and Crazy is true then Taylors Lakes should hang on.

For mine I only wont Douttas to stay up because Billy Barham is a great fella and I want him to do well.

1. Marby
2. Keilor
3. Greenvale
4. Strathmore
5. Abers
6. Oak Park
7. Avondale
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Douttas
10. Craigeburn

I think Abers will push for top 4 but may just miss out despite the strong inclusions. Really Strathmore Oakers and Abers could finish in any order.

Marby look too strong at the top end, as I think it is underestimated how much the loss of Super will effect Greenvale.

Relegation battle is on, and if the mass exodus of players at Douttas and Crazy is true then Taylors Lakes should hang on.

For mine I only wont Douttas to stay up because Billy Barham is a great fella and I want him to do well.

Marbi
Keilor
Oakers
Greenvale
Abers
Strathmore
Avondale
Taylors Lakes
Douttas
Craigieburn

I believe that Taylors Lakes will surprise a few people especially with their strength in midfield. I also think they may still get one more big signing before the season starts.

Avondale will be very dangerous and will win a lot of games. I think Mores could struggle to make finals with only inclusions that I've heard being Quinn and Watts.

Oakers have got the runs on the board and will get stronger with inclusion of Jesse Smith.

Marbi will get better again with Hollow, Carey, O'hAilpin etc

Greenvale will have to take a slight hit but still be strong. Abers have recruited well but top 4 may be a bit of an ask this year but who knows.

Craigieburn and Douttas are in trouble but Billy will get Douttas firing. Is Brooks staying? And do Douttas still have the big ruckman Jones?

Marbi
Keilor
Oakers
Greenvale
Abers
Strathmore
Avondale
Taylors Lakes
Douttas
Craigieburn

I believe that Taylors Lakes will surprise a few people especially with their strength in midfield. I also think they may still get one more big signing before the season starts.

Avondale will be very dangerous and will win a lot of games. I think Mores could struggle to make finals with only inclusions that I've heard being Quinn and Watts.

Oakers have got the runs on the board and will get stronger with inclusion of Jesse Smith.

Marbi will get better again with Hollow, Carey, O'hAilpin etc

Greenvale will have to take a slight hit but still be strong. Abers have recruited well but top 4 may be a bit of an ask this year but who knows.

Craigieburn and Douttas are in trouble but Billy will get Douttas firing. Is Brooks staying? And do Douttas still have the big ruckman Jones?

Taylors Lakes have got Terry Knight along with A. Ramsay (both ex Doutta grand final Players) and us (oakers) the sleeping giant have added Vic Siciliano (ex Port Melb. & Vermont) and will slot in nicely to our group. Huge yr in a grade edfl 2011. Douttas gone!

well thats a big statement given the first ball hasnt even been bounced yet!! Crawl back under your rock!!

My prediction:

1. Marby Park
2. Keilor
3. Oak Park
4. Greenvale

5. Aberfeldie
6. Strathmore
7. Avondale Heights
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Doutta Stars
10. Craigieburn

From what i've heard and what i've read on the clearance page D.S are in alot of trouble, they'll be lucky to be able to fill a 1's team let alone a 2's??? Does anyone know whats going on down there and why so many players are going, and have they recruited anyone???
Early favorites for B grade i think

1. Marby
2. Keilor
3. Greenvale
4. Strathmore
5. Abers
6. Oak Park
7. Avondale
8. Taylors Lakes
9. Douttas
10. Craigeburn

Taylors Lakes have got Terry Knight along with A. Ramsay (both ex Doutta grand final Players) and us (oakers) the sleeping giant have added Vic Siciliano (ex Port Melb. & Vermont) and will slot in nicely to our group. Huge yr in a grade edfl 2011. Douttas gone!

where are you sierra?? dont see you defending douttas anymore

Dont think there will be too many Crazyburn supporters following their club this year after the mass exodus of local lads. Massive chance of relegation by the looks of it....

Dont think there will be too many Crazyburn supporters following their club this year after the mass exodus of local lads. Massive chance of relegation by the looks of it....

club is a rabble....should be a powerhouse of the edfl with almost no competition for juniors....enormous crowds... whats bernie shinners doing down there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back