EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TP, I was there on the Sunday for the junior games and it was blowing straight down the ground (right to left as you drive in) and not even favouring a pocket. Had U10s trying to roost goals from 40-50m :)

Both pockets at the Northern end were difficult for Juniors to score with the wind holding the ball up. Easier for the bigger boys but can see the Southern side seeing a lot of action. Also as a sidelight, it takes forever to get balls back after a goal so expect some long games if teams are spraying them.

What a huge win by the boys this week and makes next weeks game against aber a massive one. Im still blown away by our captains game today to even play after last weeks heavy knock and be given the all clear by the doc and then to stamp himself on the 3rd qtr was brilliant to see - Albi went bang, bang and bang again to set us up with a handy 3qtr time lead and we were never headed. A Grade is starting to take shape now with cream rising to the top...:D:D:D:D

Massive win by Marby on Saturday, good to see a few under 18's and an under 16 kid playing for Marby.

Oak Park are looking very dangerous, Keilor run looks like to have stopped and who will miss out on the finals out of Abers, Marby, Strathmore, Oak Park and Greenvale.

Go Marby.

Can anyone tell me about Anthony Trigg and Adam Ballard who are two English guys playing I think in the twos at Marby?? How are they coming on??

I need to know with the 2011 International Cup around the corner...

Mark Pitura
Great Britain
Aussie Rules Coach

i'm too lazy to see if it's been posted here already...

tonight in the EJ Whitten legends game, local league legend Danny Cassett who currently plays for Moonee Valley (15 goals in 3 games this year) will be lining up for Victoria.

hopefully he does the club and league proud on TV...

danny has kicked something like 1200 goals in local footy over the past 20 years across many leagues in victoria and even interstate!

Massive win by Marby on Saturday, good to see a few under 18's and an under 16 kid playing for Marby.

Oak Park are looking very dangerous, Keilor run looks like to have stopped and who will miss out on the finals out of Abers, Marby, Strathmore, Oak Park and Greenvale.

Go Marby.

I think it all depends on injuries, if any of the top side keep all their best players on the park it will go a long way to cementing a spot in the 4 a few key injuries & some bad luck on game day & its anyones guess who may miss out!
And as Marby proved last year you can win it from 4th:D

Great win again today by Oaks and proved we are the real deal once again. A top team effort with 22 cntributors, our skill and pace today looked awesome across the 4 qtrs. Im a little lost on aber because on paper they look good but looked like the aber of old today and by that i mean - lack of structure and toughness and anyone really wanting to have a go and that no. 54 smacking blokes behind play real tough buddy real tough

go oaks and jacky boy ur a star:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great win again today by Oaks and proved we are the real deal once again. A top team effort with 22 cntributors, our skill and pace today looked awesome across the 4 qtrs. Im a little lost on aber because on paper they look good but looked like the aber of old today and by that i mean - lack of structure and toughness and anyone really wanting to have a go and that no. 54 smacking blokes behind play real tough buddy real tough

go oaks and jacky boy ur a star:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not that I saw the actual incident Macca, but it appeared he gave a bit back to someone that was giving it to him off the ball. Potting players on here or on the sidelines isn't exactly tough either, would you agree? I mean, the player got called a dog and every other name under the sun for the rest of the game by some supporters. Let the players sort it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I saw the actual incident Macca, but it appeared he gave a bit back to someone that was giving it to him off the ball. Potting players on here or on the sidelines isn't exactly tough either, would you agree? I mean, the player got called a dog and every other name under the sun for the rest of the game by some supporters. Let the players sort it out.

Yeah perhaps it isn't tough and i wasnt tryin to be tough but i didnt name him simply stated his number hell he could wear a different no. each week for all i know.
Pot calling kettly black by you though isnt it having a dig at what im assuming is our supporter base, all ill say on that one is our supporter base clearly out nunmbered yours is one of the biggest in the league if not the biggest and i went and stood amongst your supporters late in the 3rd qtr many werent overly supportive of a few players which i reckon is ordinary but we move on and good luck for the rest of the yr hopefully you can improve and bounce back

Watched Oak Park v Abers on Saturday, was the most impressive display of footy I have seen all year. Just totally dominated, Lerm taught young Jordy a few tricks about good body rucking and the midfield just totally dominated, dont think Abers won a clearance all day and gave great supply to Oakers forwards who converted almost all set shots they had all day.

Wonder what odds Oak Park would be for the flag?? I reckon their quick style and good skills will really work well on Windy Hill, going to be a great finals series, will interesting to see who will be the unlucky side not to make the final 4. i have been saying for years that we should have a top 5 in A grade.

Yeah perhaps it isn't tough and i wasnt tryin to be tough but i didnt name him simply stated his number hell he could wear a different no. each week for all i know.
Pot calling kettly black by you though isnt it having a dig at what im assuming is our supporter base, all ill say on that one is our supporter base clearly out nunmbered yours is one of the biggest in the league if not the biggest and i went and stood amongst your supporters late in the 3rd qtr many werent overly supportive of a few players which i reckon is ordinary but we move on and good luck for the rest of the yr hopefully you can improve and bounce back

yeah I very deliberately said 'some' because I know it's always just a few peanuts in every crowd. I just thought it really was over the top, I suppose it was unfortunate that two incidents happened directly in front of your supporter base. Anyway, we move on. Oak park have belted every other finals contender and are the team to beat. Have got the most punishing game in the league! Good luck, not that you'll need it

Watched second half of twos oak park and abers, saw former Avondale heights gun Ray Harrison take a massive hanger, is he coming back from injury, seniors going well with that sort of talent playing in the twos

Watched second half of twos oak park and abers, saw former Avondale heights gun Ray Harrison take a massive hanger, is he coming back from injury, seniors going well with that sort of talent playing in the twos

Not an easy bloke to play on as a defender.... Incredibly quick on the lead

Rayza is a very dangerous player, hes played a handful of games in the seniors and even kicked a bag of 5 for memory unfortunately for him at the moment our fwd setup is solid however would still fit nicely in it. Good to see it so competitive and pressure from the early game and as someone else said hes very quick on the lead and always dangerous so will always be pushing for selection. Johnny Bassi was also very dangerous on the weekend and he too hs been up and down all year great place to be at the moment Oakers:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back