EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a strange old game today. For short periods of play one side then the other looked like getting on top only it didn't happen.

The delivery into the forward lines was poor from both sides, but Craigieburn's was far worse. AW nearly paid for some poor shots on goal, but managed to hold on for the win. Thought they (AW) copped the worst of some average umpiring too.

Mcnicol was excellent along with Fynch and Patton and Bior Malual was everywhere. There's not much to him, but he can certainly play.

What a strange old game today. For short periods of play one side then the other looked like getting on top only it didn't happen.

The delivery into the forward lines was poor from both sides, but Craigieburn's was far worse. AW nearly paid for some poor shots on goal, but managed to hold on for the win. Thought they (AW) copped the worst of some average umpiring too.

Mcnicol was excellent along with Fynch and Patton and Bior Malual was everywhere. There's not much to him, but he can certainly play.

If Craigieburn couldn’t beat APW today then they have no chance come finals. Looks like Tulla v APW grand final.

Mel, that’s the big difference between EDFL div 1 and higher leagues the delivery into the forwards. Most div1 midfields would not play midfield in any premier league side or WRFL div1 or equivalent leagues if they were in. They just butcher the ball under div1 pressure..

If Craigieburn couldn’t beat APW today then they have no chance come finals. Looks like Tulla v APW grand final.

Mel, that’s the big difference between EDFL div 1 and higher leagues the delivery into the forwards. Most div1 midfields would not play midfield in any premier league side or WRFL div1 or equivalent leagues if they were in. They just butcher the ball under div1 pressure..
That is true Turbo, but any club going up a division would surely get midfield players

Hey Turb , when your above post was entered at 9.20 pm was it chicken or beef you we’re feasting on . Knowing your the Panthers greatest supporter and their 100th year celebration was on , I’m sure you were enjoying the evening , or as I have been informed you were told to not attend by the hierarchy of this disappointing club.

Hey Turb , when your above post was entered at 9.20 pm was it chicken or beef you we’re feasting on . Knowing your the Panthers greatest supporter and their 100th year celebration was on , I’m sure you were enjoying the evening , or as I have been informed you were told to not attend by the hierarchy of this disappointing club.

I’m always welcome at Panther land buddy. I was having a break but enjoyed your banter. Not sure why you felt the need to reply as I was just replying to the comment around forwards not getting good delivery in div1. I think div1 clubs need to look for forwards who are bigger types or can sit on heads. Hence why Cloke was a good recruit but someone like Limbach and others do require the ball put out in front rather than popped on their heads which gives the opponent a chance to spoil..

Anyway back to bed I go..

I’m always welcome at Panther land buddy. I was having a break but enjoyed your banter. Not sure why you felt the need to reply as I was just replying to the comment around forwards not getting good delivery in div1. I think div1 clubs need to look for forwards who are bigger types or can sit on heads. Hence why Cloke was a good recruit but someone like Limbach and others do require the ball put out in front rather than popped on their heads which gives the opponent a chance to spoil..

Anyway back to bed I go..
Nice throw off. Goodnight.

Playing the man not the ball Riddeller?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well with 4 games left looks like APW and Tullamarine will be the top 2.
Only 2 points separating Craigieburn, Taylors Lakes and Hillside.

Who misses ?

Fletcher not coaching Jacana next season after being offered a two year deal ,do you think he has another gig already ? is this a good thing for Jags ? after winning a flag and having not won a game this year ?

Fletcher not coaching Jacana next season after being offered a two year deal ,do you think he has another gig already ? is this a good thing for Jags ? after winning a flag and having not won a game this year ?
I don't think it is a good thing for any club not to win a game throughout a season. It does however, show the club, players, coaches and supporters what it takes to be successful at the next level. Maybe the coach believes he does not have the skill to take the club to the next level or he has work commitments or heaven forbid, he wants to spend time with his family.

Went to watch Craigieburn vs APW last week and thought Craigieburn would win after the way they played against Tulla the week before. Even at 1/4 time I still thought they would win, but APW just managed to keep on top and probably should have won by more.

Some of the general field kicking and delivery into the forward 50's wasn't great by both sides. With the Craigieburn loss it looks like the top 2 are set but will make for an interesting finish to the season for the other two spots.

If Hillside lose this week they may be the one to miss out, or possibly it will come down to the last round with Taylors Lakes vs Craigieburn deciding who gets in.

Round 15
Craigiburn by 36
APW by 28
Tulla by 17
Taylors by 60

I used the auto pick on the EDFL website and it has Hillside missing out. Their next two games are huge and may well be the ones which determine a finals spot.

Hillside or Taylor’s lakes will be tight for who misses.. Craigieburn have the easiest run out of them and play 2 of the bottom sides so you would think they play finals..
If they can get a 4-5 back could be a threat but if not apw v Tulla granny.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back