EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB have been absoloutely outstanding this year!! Considering the year they had last year and most would have tipped them to be bottom 4.. Bugden and Lance have done a great job with the influx of younger kids which have improved there style of play and made it more exciting.
If they had of kept the likes of Page Kite and Young along with there new inclsuions this year they would have been unbeatable and looked very promising to stay up in A grade and been able to do what Glenroy did this year.

CB have been absoloutely outstanding this year!! Considering the year they had last year and most would have tipped them to be bottom 4.. Bugden and Lance have done a great job with the influx of younger kids which have improved there style of play and made it more exciting.
If they had of kept the likes of Page Kite and Young along with there new inclsuions this year they would have been unbeatable and looked very promising to stay up in A grade and been able to do what Glenroy did this year.

I agree with this and a lot of credit should go to the president as well who seems like his pushing things in the right direction. Very likeable person to talk to. It would seem with him having his son come up through the juniors his doing it for the right reasons (not that others didn’t) and trying to promote a good brand of fast footy played in the right way. Kite was always going to go back to Glenroy at some stage. Think losing Page was tough but they moved on quick. But hey let’s be honest CB should be a powerhouse in this competition just needed to tidy things up a bit to make it a place players and families want to go to. They always seem to have a good budget just attracting the right players (not just players solely after the $$) have been the issues. Also need to clean it up off field to make it attractive to families. I know all clubs have idiots who have little respect for those working hard but to become a better club you need to get rid of these people to move forward and be a successful club in this modern era with women footy, the need to attract juniors and their parents down every Saturday as well as players girlfriends and children.

If any supporter from either side yelled out abuse during Sunday’s game ( apart from the usual Ball, cmon umpire etc .lol) they have no respect for football players in general.
What I heard and seen from a club who lost the reserves semi ( not CB or HS) was a horrible look for there club, league and it went on & on. There was nothing I seen for this to go on just idiots and hero’s protected by a fence.

Really enjoyed watching CB on Sunday. They were exciting and never tried to defend their lead but played attacking footy. Caught HS out a few times with fast plays resulting in 3-4 goals. There was no silly acts or undisciplined play by both sides. Yes some mistakes but overall a great game of div1 footy. Anyone there who didn’t enjoy the game from both sides doesn’t understand footy..

CB need to build a bit more I think and then look to go up and consolidate rather than rush and go back down. Promote youth and get a few in who can play premier and only 2-3 that would help you but most likely look to move on rather than play premier. With no disrespect to Limbach (as his a gun) his been great and ideally suited to div1 and a team like CB, but most likely not want to play premier. But you can find forwards but need to build your midfield and backline to be ready for premier. That no24 on backline wearing long sleeves played a ripper game and wouldn’t look out of sorts in premier league nor would some of the younger players.

Now posters like Bissa and others from Crazyburn I hope you appreciate my post and giving credit where credits due. Good luck!! Couldn’t resist a bit of banter boys.. Lol

I agree with this and a lot of credit should go to the president as well who seems like his pushing things in the right direction. Very likeable person to talk to. It would seem with him having his son come up through the juniors his doing it for the right reasons (not that others didn’t) and trying to promote a good brand of fast footy played in the right way. Kite was always going to go back to Glenroy at some stage. Think losing Page was tough but they moved on quick. But hey let’s be honest CB should be a powerhouse in this competition just needed to tidy things up a bit to make it a place players and families want to go to. They always seem to have a good budget just attracting the right players (not just players solely after the $$) have been the issues. Also need to clean it up off field to make it attractive to families. I know all clubs have idiots who have little respect for those working hard but to become a better club you need to get rid of these people to move forward and be a successful club in this modern era with women footy, the need to attract juniors and their parents down every Saturday as well as players girlfriends and children.

If any supporter from either side yelled out abuse during Sunday’s game ( apart from the usual Ball, cmon umpire etc .lol) they have no respect for football players in general.
What I heard and seen from a club who lost the reserves semi ( not CB or HS) was a horrible look for there club, league and it went on & on. There was nothing I seen for this to go on just idiots and hero’s protected by a fence.

Really enjoyed watching CB on Sunday. They were exciting and never tried to defend their lead but played attacking footy. Caught HS out a few times with fast plays resulting in 3-4 goals. There was no silly acts or undisciplined play by both sides. Yes some mistakes but overall a great game of div1 footy. Anyone there who didn’t enjoy the game from both sides doesn’t understand footy..

CB need to build a bit more I think and then look to go up and consolidate rather than rush and go back down. Promote youth and get a few in who can play premier and only 2-3 that would help you but most likely look to move on rather than play premier. With no disrespect to Limbach (as his a gun) his been great and ideally suited to div1 and a team like CB, but most likely not want to play premier. But you can find forwards but need to build your midfield and backline to be ready for premier. That no24 on backline wearing long sleeves played a ripper game and wouldn’t look out of sorts in premier league nor would some of the younger players.

Now posters like Bissa and others from Crazyburn I hope you appreciate my post and giving credit where credits due. Good luck!! Couldn’t resist a bit of banter boys.. Lol

Yeah great post turbs
I must say tho everyone thinks because cb is growing rapidly it should be a powerhouse. I disagree there as a lot of the people who have moved into the place are not football people..
The juniors haven’t dramatically increased its numbers as the town grows and therefore we have the same amount of sides if not less than 5/6 years ago .. The 17s haven’t had 2 sides for a couple of years..
John the president is doing a great job and has a lot of time for the juniors which is great..
Probably not the best time to go to premier but tell the boys that when they want to win a flag lol..
Let’s just hope for a great game this week
Mcerlain and bonghetti a couple of handy inclusions for a prelim. obviously bugeja a massive loss..
GO BURNERS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does any fell that DC is under alot of pressure this weekend. His into his 5 finals appearance in the EDFL as a coach and has failed to win a game. Tulla lose this weekend and he will be 0-5 in finals.

Does any fell that DC is under alot of pressure this weekend. His into his 5 finals appearance in the EDFL as a coach and has failed to win a game. Tulla lose this weekend and he will be 0-5 in finals.

To be fair, DC has coached Tullamarine to a top 2 spot this year and deserving of a double chance. In his first year at the club too.

He took over Westy in 2014 after a 2013 2-12 record & made finals in 14,15 & 16.

I don’t see the pressure mounting on him from the club, he will be there in 2019 regardless.

And I do think they will bounce back and win this weekend anyway.

To be fair, DC has coached Tullamarine to a top 2 spot this year and deserving of a double chance. In his first year at the club too.

He took over Westy in 2014 after a 2013 2-12 record & made finals in 14,15 & 16.

I don’t see the pressure mounting on him from the club, he will be there in 2019 regardless.

Will be interesting to see how they go at selection. Looked really slow last week.

That’s fair but it’s all about winning finals and premiership and so far he has failed to deliver a finals victory. No one really cares where u finished on the ladder in 5-10 years they just look at premierships.

That’s fair but it’s all about winning finals and premiership and so far he has failed to deliver a finals victory. No one really cares where u finished on the ladder in 5-10 years they just look at premierships.

Yep correct in EDFL. He’s had premiership success in another comp. but totally agree in EDFL he hasn’t. Tullamarine can 100% still win and then this topic is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep correct in EDFL. He’s had premiership success in another comp. but totally agree in EDFL he hasn’t. Tullamarine can 100% still win and then this topic is gone.

Gonna be a hard fought game that’s for sure.
It’ll b a close one between the eagles and dees, it would be good to get some silver wear for tulla but from last weeks result and watching the highlights, tulla looked slow and got smashed after half time, looked like they couldn’t find another gear, fingers crossed it changes this week and it’s a close but it’ll be a good game no doubt.

Will be interesting to see how they go at selection. Looked really slow last week.
If Tulla were slow against APW well they better get a big needle and injest some sped against CB quick smart. Danger for TM is CB have some real leg speed on every line and if Pete & Lance go with the "nothing to lose" attitude they will cause havoc. This will really test DC's resolve and see how well his structures and processes hold up. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see CB get Tulla if they can win outside ball and get multiple enties into Limbach who is a gun

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Tulla were slow against APW well they better get a big needle and injest some sped against CB quick smart. Danger for TM is CB have some real leg speed on every line and if Pete & Lance go with the "nothing to lose" attitude they will cause havoc. This will really test DC's resolve and see how well his structures and processes hold up. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see CB get Tulla if they can win outside ball and get multiple enties into Limbach who is a gun

A couple more days and we’ll know the results then.

Tulla really need to go back to the form they had, they lost form last week and let airport run over the top of them.

Fingers crossed it’s a good game on Sunday, but yeah I believe the pressure is on David rather than Pete.

Agree Outback CB the youngest and quickest side in the division. Chircop, Middleton, Vilinskis, Anderson, Laffan, Perrone, Marino some of the young guys that have some serious wheels, there would of been 4-5 end to end goals last week for CB on the back of those kids run. If the weather comes good i think CB could be to quick for Tulla, if its a bit wet Tulla bigger more experienced bodies will suit. Let’s hope for a close game.

Great effort by Tulla, few injuries and have managed to get themselves in a position to have one hand on it. Expect a stronger Demon outfit this time round than the one that played the Eagles last time.

Mail is some very handy recruits on their way next year if they go up the division.

Didn't see much for Airport West to stress about really. Personally think another year in div 1 won't hurt a lot of those young kids who lined up for Craigieburn. Not one of them disappointed. Fynch was amazing and probably kept the result closer.

I thought the hit on Gibson turned the game after it had been pretty close for the most part. I don't know him, but hopefully he's ok. There are some things which have no place on the footy field and I hope the bloke who sledged one of the Eagles players thinks long and hard before doing it again and no I won't repeat it here.

Didn't see much for Airport West to stress about really. Personally think another year in div 1 won't hurt a lot of those young kids who lined up for Craigieburn. Not one of them disappointed. Fynch was amazing and probably kept the result closer.

I thought the hit on Gibson turned the game after it had been pretty close for the most part. I don't know him, but hopefully he's ok. There are some things which have no place on the footy field and I hope the bloke who sledged one of the Eagles players thinks long and hard before doing it again and no I won't repeat it here.

Think your being to nice... Poor form

What sledge??

A very close game today and felt like it could have gone either way going into the last quarter before Tulla kicked away.

Was an ugly incident half way through the 3rd quarter and hopefully Gibson recovers well. From the grandstand end it looked like he was standing underneath a high ball and was hit a little late with his head hit the ground really hard. Not sure what the sledge was but thankfully there wasn't any scuffles in the crowd after it happened. It looked like it was going to boil over at one stage though.

CB had some real leg speed in passages today but seemed to make to many skill errors and turn overs through the middle of the ground. Tulla midfield looked like they covered the ground better this week and Scott in the ruck was very damaging around the ground and up forward with some great contested marks early.
Laffan was easily CB best and always looked very dangerous up forward but Limbach was well beaten by Laurie and would've only had 1-2 possessions for the game.

Will be an absolute cracker of a GF next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back