EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see #5 Damien Bugeja played for Craigieburn. Is that his first game since signing last season and doing a knee in a practice game. Wasn’t sure he was going to return but gee very handy recruit especially for div1. Hopefully he stays free of injuries and gets some match fitness.
Played the last 3 turbo. Was having a blinder on Saturday but limped off in the 3rd and did not return not sure on the injury. Gun player.

I see #5 Damien Bugeja played for Craigieburn.

Cracking young fella Damo, hopefully Saturday was nothing too serious he deserves a clear run at it this year.
Also anyone watching Craigieburn a bit, Caelen Anderson? How's he going? Another nice young fella who IMO goes pretty good.

Played the last 3 turbo. Was having a blinder on Saturday but limped off in the 3rd and did not return not sure on the injury. Gun player.

Thanks Bissa, hope it’s nothing to seroius as he needs a bit of luck with injuries. Get him fit & firing and he will tear div1 to shreds. I bet his popular amongst the supporters as he goes hard but is a fair player and more importantly a good kid.

Has div1 now been divided into contenders and pretenders!! Last year we were all talking up this division as one of the most even divisions in the state but this season it appears to be divided a bit. Jacana, Westy, Oak Park and East Keilor appear at this early point to be behind the rest. However Westy going younger this season will put them in good stead for future years.
Taylor’s Lakes been a surprise since there early loss to Hillside on Good Friday.

Craigieburn & Hillside giving their younger crop of juniors some senior games with Tulla & APW going with slightly more experienced players mixed in with some mid aged players. These 4 look to be slightly above the rest after the early rounds played on dry grounds.

Thoughts..

Has div1 now been divided into contenders and pretenders!! Last year we were all talking up this division as one of the most even divisions in the state but this season it appears to be divided a bit. Jacana, Westy, Oak Park and East Keilor appear at this early point to be behind the rest. However Westy going younger this season will put them in good stead for future years.
Taylor’s Lakes been a surprise since there early loss to Hillside on Good Friday.

Craigieburn & Hillside giving their younger crop of juniors some senior games with Tulla & APW going with slightly more experienced players mixed in with some mid aged players. These 4 look to be slightly above the rest after the early rounds played on dry grounds.

Thoughts..
No disrespect to Jacana but Jags aside i still think it’s an even division. I think if any of the current top 4 took EK, OP, TL, or WM lightly or had a bad day they could get beaten. Still think EK in particular are a good side been a bit unlucky so far and will trouble those top 4 teams.

Looking forward to the top 4 competing this week. For me it's the Hillside Tullamarine game. I think this will be Hillside chance to make a statement because i still see the soft label being thrown around. They have underachieved i feel the last couple of years. But Tullamarine escaped saturday but isn't that an amazing thing in which they can flick the switch. Depth is everything. Do you make changes for that great escape or make a couple of changes?
Interesting weekend.

Hearing questions being raised internally on coaching strategies at EK
Spent up big with nothing to show so far
Powers that be not happy is my mail

Game v Jacana's pretty big right now with OP having the bye. Still think EK will be right, but a loss here and they'll be in deep pooh.

Craigieburn over AW, Tulla over Hillside, only because it's at home, TL over Westmeadows.

Rain this week should keep games close too.

That is very light on info. Can you please add some meat to the bones?

At least 2 meetings held with very senior people at the club to discuss overall coaching performance of coaching staff
Not sure if you’ve been out to to one of their huddles during a game, but I have, and the ones I’ve have been too there is no direction from either Grieg or Arrowsmith, this is left up to other coaching staff and in one instance their strength and conditioning coach

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great round of footy ahead of

Craigieburn over APW by 21 points
East Keilor over Jacana by 65 points
Tullamarine over Hillside by 10 points
Taylors lakes over Westmeadows by 27 points

APW by 8 (prob be down by 30+ at 3/4 time and still win)

East Keilor by a phone number (jags won’t score more than 6 goals)

Tulla by 27 (game of the round)

Taylors Lakes by 43

Big wins for AW and Tulla. 8 points clear at the top of the ladder. Both sides could well be unbeaten when they clash in round 9.

Tulla were good today
Jumped in the first 15 minutes by Hillside kicking with a 5 goal wind but dominated the Sharks after that
Jags stiff to lose with Cloke kicking 5
Question....
Anyone got any thoughts on how EK were coached today?

APW and Tullamarine with massive wins today 50 and 40 points respectively. Now clearing out 2 games clear of the pack and probably sharing favourite tag.

Lakes as expected 4 goal winners

Was this the jags big chance ? Really surprised by this result. Did the jags play well or EK are not as good as everyone expected ?

Tulla were good today
Jumped in the first 15 minutes by Hillside kicking with a 5 goal wind but dominated the Sharks after that
Jags stiff to lose with Cloke kicking 5
Question....
Anyone got any thoughts on how EK were coached today?

All Grigg done was snipe & mouth off. Didn't speak in the huddle at all. Was to busy getting his breath back & I think I seen him hitting some steamed dimmies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back