EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interested to see all the results come tomorrow evening. Main 2 games of interest would be EK vs TL and TULLA vs WESTY.

EK coach has made a lot of over the top comments and predictions (like a lot of coaches do when coming from another league) and reminds me a bit of Jacana coach Fletcher spruiking last season about them being world beaters. Obviously the two clubs are bit different, but time and time again you see these supposed 'gun players' of other leagues come into the EDFL and do very little.

WM are another club that loved to be talked up each pre-season then produce very little and now they are being talked up as finals for 2019. Gee Wizz!!!
This is a team that spanked Jacana Rnd 1 then the hype-train really started to then win only 2 more games for the year, 1 vs OP and then Jags again. Now they could push for finals??? You're kidding yourself. Castello and Church are great players but will need more than that.

Would struggle to think of too many times when WM have beaten Tulla in the last 10 years and the inclusion of Church up forward won't change that. I've never seen him get a kick against Tulla and for Westy to win he will have to have a big day.

Guess we will know if EK and Westy are the real deal come Sat night.
Seeing church got 1
$1500/1

Seeing church got 1
$1500/1

Maybe do your research Sandra and get some facts. Believe he got injured early in the game, hence the 1 goal. The other part you mentioned is this fact or just BS. Would be very surprised if any player currently in div1 would be getting more than 800-1000. Maybe a few of the EK recruits I did hear are getting well paid. Not many players currently in div1 have been dominant at a higher level outside Castello who was obviously a class act at Marby and VFL prior to that. But believe he left Marby due to other commitments which was well published.

Maybe do your research Sandra and get some facts. Believe he got injured early in the game, hence the 1 goal...
Doesn't surprise me, he has a habit of getting 'injured' against good opposition. Did he play out the rest of the game, or go off once injured? He'll pop back up when Westy play the lower sides and kick 10 and people can go back talking about how good he is when everything is going Westy's way.

Was suprised with some of the scores and looked like it took Tulla a bit of time to get going, and not sure what to think of EK vs TL yet, and with EK playing Roxy next week it will still be a few weeks before I'm ready to put them in the premiership conversation.

Westy vs West Coburg and Craigieburn vs Tulla should be interesting this week.

No idea what church is being paid but westy are relying on him to be a dominant forward and yesterday he was underwhelming. There was talk about an ankle issue but he played out the game. Well held by former hillside team mate bonnici

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe do your research Sandra and get some facts. Believe he got injured early in the game, hence the 1 goal. The other part you mentioned is this fact or just BS. Would be very surprised if any player currently in div1 would be getting more than 800-1000. Maybe a few of the EK recruits I did hear are getting well paid. Not many players currently in div1 have been dominant at a higher level outside Castello who was obviously a class act at Marby and VFL prior to that. But believe he left Marby due to other commitments which was well published.
I hear he’s on the greatest contract I’ve heard of whereby even if this injury keeps him out for the next 3 weeks he’ll get 80% of he’s match payment and 50% beyond that
I applaud him for negotiating such a deal if true

Can confirm an off the ballc hit on a Roxy player by a West Coburg player. The Roxy boys put their heads down and just played footy and didn't look for the square up which was good to see. Plenty of others in this thread would have expected Roxy being the instigators but the boys kept their heads and played good footy. Margin isn't indicative of the game either. Westies given 5 of the cheapest goals ever from free kicks. Margin of around 40 points is probably more accurate

Doesn't surprise me, he has a habit of getting 'injured' against good opposition. Did he play out the rest of the game, or go off once injured? He'll pop back up when Westy play the lower sides and kick 10 and people can go back talking about how good he is when everything is going Westy's way.

Was suprised with some of the scores and looked like it took Tulla a bit of time to get going, and not sure what to think of EK vs TL yet, and with EK playing Roxy next week it will still be a few weeks before I'm ready to put them in the premiership conversation.

Westy vs West Coburg and Craigieburn vs Tulla should be interesting this week.

Yes he played out the hole game

I think most people thought EK would win on the weekend but I can’t remember the last time Taylor’s Lakes has lost a senior game by over 100pts.
The margin surprised me.
Early days but EK are the real deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think that? What was it about EK that made you think that?
I am guessing they are going off other teams performances against TL last year. Nobody else beat them by 135 points last year. They pushed APW, so going from that it's a guess.

I think most people thought EK would win on the weekend but I can’t remember the last time Taylor’s Lakes has lost a senior game by over 100pts.
The margin surprised me.

The question is have they recruited for short term success or long term stability. If they happen to win it and went up they would fall back big time..Can’t see them beating Craigieburn who are clear favourites but they also have their issues with no under 19s this season..

Not sure where you’re getting your assumptions about Ek’s planning from turbo or what you have against them, but with a strong list of former U19s now open age, a current u19s battling in premier division and a strong developing junior program, EK are probably doing what they have always done in relying on their homegrowns to guide there future along with recruits here or there. Footy clubs aren’t based on just the senior side and recruiting isn’t the only factor in being successful

Not sure where you’re getting your assumptions about Ek’s planning from turbo or what you have against them, but with a strong list of former U19s now open age, a current u19s battling in premier division and a strong developing junior program, EK are probably doing what they have always done in relying on their homegrowns to guide there future along with recruits here or there. Footy clubs aren’t based on just the senior side and recruiting isn’t the only factor in being successful

The problem is EK played with 46/47 points and I heard a couple of players recruited were disappointed not to be selected (as per normal at most clubs) and a few injured so how will they go managing points. And this gets to my point of if they did happen to win it they will struggle having played div1 with high points. I don’t agree with the system at all but any club considering having a crack at winning a premiership and going up to premier MUST consider this or its doomed for failure. Yes by all means some people love a victory and the spoils but just hope it’s been thought through. Any club looking to go up must be able to win the premiership by playing at below 40 points. Only early days though and I’m just creating a bit of conversation in general.

Can confirm an off the ballc hit on a Roxy player by a West Coburg player. The Roxy boys put their heads down and just played footy and didn't look for the square up which was good to see. Plenty of others in this thread would have expected Roxy being the instigators but the boys kept their heads and played good footy. Margin isn't indicative of the game either. Westies given 5 of the cheapest goals ever from free kicks. Margin of around 40 points is probably more accurate

Anyone reported from this incident? Off the ball hits are frowned upon these days so if reported I guess a lengthy stay on the sidelines.

The margin surprised me.
I’d say the coaches knew EK would be a threat, 6 had them playing finals

The problem is EK played with 46/47 points and I heard a couple of players recruited were disappointed not to be selected (as per normal at most clubs) and a few injured so how will they go managing points. And this gets to my point of if they did happen to win it they will struggle having played div1 with high points. I don’t agree with the system at all but any club considering having a crack at winning a premiership and going up to premier MUST consider this or its doomed for failure. Yes by all means some people love a victory and the spoils but just hope it’s been thought through. Any club looking to go up must be able to win the premiership by playing at below 40 points. Only early days though and I’m just creating a bit of conversation in general.
Hi Turbo long time reader first time poster. Just trying to understand the points system. Do a players points drop in yr 2 (I.e from 5 to 4) or does this take a five years etc?

Hi Turbo long time reader first time poster. Just trying to understand the points system. Do a players points drop in yr 2 (I.e from 5 to 4) or does this take a five years etc?

I’m pretty sure every year your points go down 1 mate..
So if you come to a club and are worth 5 the year after if your at the same club your then worth 4

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What makes you think that? What was it about EK that made you think that?
The top three for a start as listed on web site . Nathan Lyons, he looked like Jordan DeGoey. So powerful. The Grabowski brothers are seriously good players. Ben Caluzzi was all class and I could go on. And Ash Arrowsmith and a few more to come back I'm told. And if they kicked a bit better they would have won by close to 200 points. That's why Newatthis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back