EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to read new APW Coach " I not here to coach division 1 more than 12 months" sounds like the EK Coach from almost 12 months ago. It's great to have goals, but so many things can go wrong and all it does is give other teams a bit more lip on the ground when things don't go your way. Surely, wait until you settle in - But, i suppose Leadership comes in many forms.

Nothing wrong with that I would always prefer a confident and ambitious coach. Hopefully the competition is close live up to the hype as the best division in local footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of action happening at West Coburg at the moment and Airport West are hurting really bad. It will be a lot closer than everyone thinks and you still have to finish it off in the wide open spaces at windy hill.

How are airport west hurting ?

Nothing wrong with that I would always prefer a confident and ambitious coach. Hopefully the competition is close live up to the hype as the best division in local footy

How are airport west hurting ?

Well- they are certainly not doing cartwheels cause they only won 2 games and spent $150k plus and all that hard work behind the scenes to find themselves back in division 1 - speaking to some of their players they want redemption and will be very competitive in 2020

Sunbury and APW
Sunbury ? Looking forward to seeing Sunbury vs Tulla - it will be a good reality check to see how much work and how fitter they need to be in this comp compared to division 2 - in reality if they win 6 or 7 games they should very happy with that - but you never know- they have a good coach and was looking on very closely at the div 1 grand final.

Interesting to read new APW Coach " I not here to coach division 1 more than 12 months" sounds like the EK Coach from almost 12 months ago. It's great to have goals, but so many things can go wrong and all it does is give other teams a bit more lip on the ground when things don't go your way. Surely, wait until you settle in - But, i suppose Leadership comes in many forms.
Nothing wrong with a coach that’s Hungry . If he didn’t believe that you wouldn’t want him given Airport West are coming down from Premier and should be a big chance in B grade in 2020.

Ek will beat Sunbury by 20 goals dude...

It will be EK and APW this year with westy and tulla in 3 and 4 in my opinion

Egomaniac haha it’s October dude 😂😂
I know of a few clubs recruiting well behind the scenes,
I think EK will need another 5 so then they can coach themselves to the flag,

Last edited:
EK are probably the most spoken about club in the edfl this season. Look how many players and sponsors and players that has attracted... should probably take a page from their books

Great job by Cristofi to bring in all these recruits.
Looks all rosey from an outsider looking in BUT has a lot of local players unhappy with his model.
Expect to see a max exodus come clearance time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks all rosey from an outsider looking in BUT has a lot of local players unhappy with his model.
Coming to an East Keilor theatre near you , a reality serial filmed over 12 months . Grab your drink and popcorn and settle in for
Carry on Cougars.
A reality documentary containing the Drunk President , the Coach of Hard Knocks and a team of egomaniac money hungry would bes.
Your gunna need a hanky cos this will end in tears and we know that just like the movie “Titanic” everybody knows the outcome.

Coming to an East Keilor theatre near you , a reality serial filmed over 12 months . Grab your drink and popcorn and settle in for
Carry on Cougars.
A reality documentary containing the Drunk President , the Coach of Hard Knocks and a team of egomaniac money hungry would bes.
Your gunna need a hanky cos this will end in tears and we know that just like the movie “Titanic” everybody knows the outcome.
A bit harsh I think - As a Neutral supporter and in my opinion, they have done a fantastic job to CREATE an opportunity for 66 senior players to win a premiership medal. Only 22 got one (thirds) but the 44 had a chance not including the injured and the ones that missed out. Player turnover will always happen, but what a great launching pad. There will be challenges long term with this model, but there are too many good, hardworking peolpe down at EK and will always come back and resurrect their club if things don't work out - only a phone call away as have many other clubs in the EDFL.

You can all hate as much as you want and spin it what ever way you want. Jealousy is a curse guys.

I have simply complemented recruits that every other team has made not insulted, difference is I’d love to see the standard of div 1 get better and it has to because the way it is every club will just do the yo-yo when they go up to prem and come straight back down which is not fun. Who wants to win a flag one year and loose every game the following.

Ps EK signed a very qualified ruckman won’t bother telling you the name don’t want even more jealousy. EK have attracted enough.

I agree - Good on them.. It will be interesting to see how it all works out next year with the points but im sure they will find a way.

Rose a great addition at TL - Almost a lock for 60+ goals
Agreed great signing im glad Div 1 is attracting some big names!

I guess proof will be in the pudding when clearance time comes. Expect some natural attrition. Trouble is at most clubs these days 90% of players treat footy as a part time job and are there only for the $$. So they cant have it both ways. They arent loyal to the clubs.

I guess proof will be in the pudding when clearance time comes. Expect some natural attrition. Trouble is at most clubs these days 90% of players treat footy as a part time job and are there only for the $$. So they cant have it both ways. They arent loyal to the clubs.
Have to disagree with that, most likely it is the fringe players which will look elsewhere. And these players are probably on small payments when they actually get a game. So they are not playing for the money.

You can all hate as much as you want and spin it what ever way you want. Jealousy is a curse guys.

I have simply complemented recruits that every other team has made not insulted, difference is I’d love to see the standard of div 1 get better and it has to because the way it is every club will just do the yo-yo when they go up to prem and come straight back down which is not fun. Who wants to win a flag one year and loose every game the following.

Ps EK signed a very qualified ruckman won’t bother telling you the name don’t want even more jealousy. EK have attracted enough.

For someone not involved with EK you certainly say a lot and somehow are the news breaker on all of there recruits.

I think you may know the coach very well. Very very well. 🤔😉

Any news out of Tulla - Must be 2-3 weeks since theres been an article about them

DCs line to the local football news reported been cut?

Carry on Cougars.
surely this warrants a suspension. Our so called drunk president for 8yrs plus has rebuilt and rebuilding this club and works tirelessly year after year when no one else has put there hand up to take lead . So whilst he works full time in his job and run club he’s entitled to have a drink on Saturday to relax and watch his work but a drunk that’s a low call potato head . He took over when we went to div 2 and lost a lot of locals . He found a coach to bring us to div 1 on a $60k budget
We started in that budget in div 1 which wasn’t enough
The he stuck by a coach and again won div 2 on $70k budget
Since he’s been president
. Club has not run at loss
. Always financial with league
. 3 x under 9s
. 2 x under 11s
. 2 x under 13s
. 1 x under 15s
. 1 x under 17s
. 1 x under 19s
. 3 senior sides
3 under 19 premierships
2 senior premiership
6 juniors premiership
$ 3.9 million rooms to be built
3 major sponsors
40 + golden cougars $1000 coterie members
30 + $300 club members
Not bad for a drunk
I bet you potato head never put you hand in your pocket . You like the rest of of your mates .... turbo etc haven’t got a clue . So don’t tell me about the EK theatre we’ve worked hard to get where we are today when 2011 when we were on our knees , I was on that committee and I’m telling you 1st hand .... so f... off .

Honestly, what is wrong with people.

This is a moderated forum, not a place where you can just post whatever you like or make assumptions about people who are not here to defend themselves. I've asked countless times for a bit of respect towards one another, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I won't be handing out 1 day bans from here on in. I hope this is very, very clear to posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back