EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Friday and to see who's going where. Some clubs will spend up big and bring in big names to succeed. Others will employ the "moneyball" principle to build a list targeting specific areas. Going to be fun to watch

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m trying to understand what you wrote - is English your second language? People like you on here are taking the comments of the president out of context.
There are some senior players at Tullamarine playing for nothing in 2020 FACT.
Is most of the team playing for nothing?- NO. Having said that they could be getting paid a lot more at rival clubs which has always been the case at the footy club.
Unless you’re within the inner sanctum of the football club, like Turbo is (at every EDFL club) your comments are purely speculation and guesswork.

Edited for you mate sorry for the autocorrect typos....... you and the tulla fan boys are laughable quit trying to say people play for nothing mate....

People have bills and families to pay for mate no one is sacrificing their body for free when they can go get $500 a week doing the same thing. Your actually dreamingggggg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love that people are continuing to concoct bs narratives to suit their own perceptions. :smirk:
That someone is willing to put their time/effort into a club without remuneration is to be admired, not sneered at and that this idea is so foreign to some is indicative of just how money driven or toxic footy has become.

BJ, this is the not the BFL mate it’s the EDFL div1 where the cap is now 175k down from 190k.

Would love the other poster to put up names of the better players playing for nothing. Yes clubs have them but it’s only a few of the border line ones who are loyal. Let’s remember Tulla recruited a few from other clubs last season as well as picking up a key back from Jacana into the season. Please don’t tell me they went to Tulla for nothing or less than what other clubs offered.

BJ, this is the not the BFL mate it’s the EDFL div1 where the cap is now 175k down from 190k.

Would love the other poster to put up names of the better players playing for nothing. Yes clubs have them but it’s only a few of the border line ones who are loyal. Let’s remember Tulla recruited a few from other clubs last season as well as picking up a key back from Jacana into the season. Please don’t tell me they went to Tulla for nothing or less than what other clubs offered.

Jacana back went for $600 p/game. How would that make the blokes supposedly playing for free feel if they find that out , 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Just for you sceptics our there that loyalty and playing for the jumper still exists.

2019 - David Scott played for free. Came back out of retirement to try and win a flag with his brother.
Many players took cuts and all recruits came for much less than they were getting

2020 - 2 recruits from last season - Hare and Bonnici both playing for free. Just want success.

Everyone wants to hang shit on the president for his past sins. Must be doing something right, has about 15 of the guys at the club working for him and many others that give back to the club. And new players who come in buy into.

FACT !

Just come out of the Avondale press release so it’s official. Hisham Kerbatieh to Hillside. Huge get as the kid can play. Great recruit for div1. Hillside already appear to have covered a couple of losses and on paper probably stronger than last season.
Another plus is recruits seem to be in the young/mid age bracket so you can build a good platform around that.

BFL, EDFL or otherwise - it's largely irrelevant, if anything, players travelling further for less $$ only proves to highlight my point.
Ultimately, I could name two long term quality Tullamarine players who have played for nought, however, it's besides the point as funnily enough both you and your new ally in the EK bloke would still disagree.

As for recruits, nobody has ever claimed that Tulla doesn't bring through recruits or even offer decent coin - just that a couple of blokes have declined payment in order to leave more $$ on the table for others with the aim of finally achieving some success after some near misses over the last decade or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just come out of the Avondale press release so it’s official. Hisham Kerbatieh to Hillside. Huge get as the kid can play. Great recruit for div1. Hillside already appear to have covered a couple of losses and on paper probably stronger than last season.
Another plus is recruits seem to be in the young/mid age bracket so you can build a good platform around that.
So they got him must have cost a stack
Hes been shopped around every league in Melbourne
And why would he play div 2 for that rubble
$$$$$$$$
Should have gone back to Hadfield

Last edited:
BFL, EDFL or otherwise - it's largely irrelevant, if anything, players travelling further for less $$ only proves to highlight my point.
Ultimately, I could name two long term quality Tullamarine players who have played for nought, however, it's besides the point as funnily enough both you and your new ally in the EK bloke would still disagree.

As for recruits, nobody has ever claimed that Tulla doesn't bring through recruits or even offer decent coin - just that a couple of blokes have declined payment in order to leave more $$ on the table for others with the aim of finally achieving some success after some near misses over the last decade or so.

Yes it’s common players can take a pay cut to get a couple of good ones in “if” they are in the premiership window but the way it came out in the press release was a bit silly.

Ok so the cap was around 200k over the last 2 years. What figure do you think Tulla we’re paying? As it seems the president is kind of saying they pay peanuts which we can assume is around 100k. Surely his kidding..

$$$$$$$$

Now now Sandra, don’t be upset and get your knickers in a knot just because you missed out. 😄😄

So the players you recruited from Pacco a few years back came across because of??? 😉😉
Tulla were renown for offering good coin to premier league players that were on the fringe between seniors & reserves..You best remember that Turbo never forgets..👊

I have a question for all. Does your supporter membership at your club entitle you to vote at your AGM. I have just found out at the club i follow that no membership at the club allows you to do so.I find this a bit strange and just wondering what other clubs do.

Ours need to be a paid up member. Either a parent of a junior player, a player themselves or a paid up social member
I have a question for all. Does your supporter membership at your club entitle you to vote at your AGM. I have just found out at the club i follow that no membership at the club allows you to do so.I find this a bit strange and just wondering what other clubs do.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now now Sandra, don’t be upset and get your knickers in a knot just because you missed out. 😄😄

So the players you recruited from Pacco a few years back came across because of??? 😉😉
Tulla were renown for offering good coin to premier league players that were on the fringe between seniors & reserves..You best remember that Turbo never forgets..👊
Bit salty you lost a couple of players turbo? Those boys love the club now and could get way more coin playing else where in the league.

Bit salty you lost a couple of players turbo? Those boys love the club now and could get way more coin playing else where in the league.

Initially they left to go to Tulla for the $$ rather than stay and push there claim for a position. However I can see both sides and they might have felt a bit disgruntled so left to play regular senior footy at the next level down. However my point is Tulla known to poach players and offer them decent $$ to come over. Yes that’s common I know, but the statement is trying to allude that Tulla pay a low budget and a number of players play for nothing. Just a ridiculous comment which was sure to get a “slap” on this big footy forum..

Now I would rather go back to sparring with the EK folk on here if I may. 👊😂

Changing subjects

Curious to know what clubs are charging for memberships ?

My club is $400 for seniors and $290 for under 18

Heard Jacana were doing a flat $100, obviously trying to rebuild

Westmeadows I'm hearing is $900 seniors and $800 under 18 which seems to be extremely high. Is this the case or is my mail wrong?

$$$$$$$$

I assume you are trying to convey that Hillside are a rabble? Although there is a quarry up the road in order to get some rubble.
Just another illiterate clown on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back