EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like it throwing them like a little scared kid from behind to the point he went past the player then decided it was a good idea to cheap shot twice while on ground in saying that I don’t think it would have hurt a fly
Watched that footage and the alleged VP slings the HS player to the ground from behind while the player is being confronted by 4-5 SA spectators then proceeds to punch the player 2-3 times in the ribs (from behind). Appears to have minimal impact on the player who is more concerned with defending himself against unsolicited attack from other spectators in front of him.

If you look at the intent and his actions, though, the alleged SA Vice President is surely not fit for any official position in a footy club. If the EDFL were serious he (and others) would be banned from attending any EDFL footy for life.

The vision is damning and irredeemable.

Watched that footage and the alleged VP slings the HS player to the ground from behind while the player is being confronted by 4-5 SA spectators then proceeds to punch the player 2-3 times in the ribs (from behind). Appears to have minimal impact on the player who is more concerned with defending himself against unsolicited attack from other spectators in front of him.

If you look at the intent and his actions, though, the alleged SA Vice President is surely not fit for any official position in a footy club. If the EDFL were serious he (and others) would be banned from attending any EDFL footy for life.

Spot on.

So the vp slings him to the floor then somehow gets up and goes behind him ? Amazing…not surprising that’s it’s obviously a hillside coward supporter who sent it in too where his balls to put his phone away and help the bloke out?

So the vp slings him to the floor then somehow gets up and goes behind him ? Amazing…not surprising that’s it’s obviously a hillside coward supporter who sent it in too where his balls to put his phone away and help the bloke out?
Pretty sure there were msny people taking video as ch9 had different angles so why add to fire by getting involved when many around . Smart is say to out the thugs they could probable see the punches by the said were like water

Bingo, I don’t know who you are but you aren’t doing much for the image of our club posting crap like this. I’ve been a part of SA my whole life and this is not who we are or what we are about.

I can't believe you continue to get on here to try and justify what some people have done during this whole debacle and call someone not running into a fight a coward. Actually says alot about the mentality of someone, when they think violence is the solution.

Both Hillside and St.Albans had a hell of alot of cowards on Saturday and the VP of St.Albans is most definitely one of them.

Ok hero. You must Condon coward punches hero? You must have big balls defending the cowards.

Bingo, I don’t know who you are but you aren’t doing much for the image of our club posting crap like this. I’ve been a part of SA my whole life and this is not who we are or what we are about.
Also I seen that SA had what appeared to be little auskickers running out with senior side and enjoying the day. So even more disappointing from the club on a day like this if it was the SA vice president involved. Young innocent kids were around.

Yes HS have a bit explaining to do but nothing like SA. It still surprises me of the reaction post game beat the fence, as no player was hit, stretched off, ambulance called nothing, during the game. A minor incident over in the pocket that was well controlled by field & goal umpires. It was a pretty good game and day tbh. So why attack a player like that?? Lucky he is a big unit and majority weren’t prepared to come front in with the attacks being cowardly from behind. The player did exceptionally well to control himself to a degree!!
Yes umpires abandoned the game but that was more to do with events leading up to this week and umpires not being treated with respect. So they just said “that’s enough” we are not here to put up with this crap!!

On a more positive note and note this is what football should be all about, I was fortunate to be at the Rupertswood v Deer Park match on Saturday. What I can convey to you all is this was a genuine game of football where both sides respected officialdom, volunteers, their coaches, teammates and opposing players. The quality of play was very high particularly from Rupertswood with No 2 dominating all day. Rupertswood deserved to win and to think they won by a point is more a reflection on what Deer Park is capable of. Deer Park are playing like a Deer in headlights with far too much science being installed in my view forcing players to appear as though they are jumping at shadows instead of playing a natural brand of football. Why would a perfectly fit 4 point on baller recruit with a proven track record at senior level be on the bench for the 1st 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter is beyond belief. Anyway, Rupertswood are the real deal. Pleasing to see both sides offer sincere congratulations at games end to one another. Another thing I do not think I heard one swear word from either side and their was no onfield conflict whatsoever despite a willing contest. Well done to both clubs players, spectators, volunteers and coaches. PS. do not wear eshay bags to local footy. They are not welcome and nor are you if you have one on.
Haha, wait till games are close in finals and the particular nuffy that makes it all about himself starts up in the crowd.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I seen that SA had what appeared to be little auskickers running out with senior side and enjoying the day. So even more disappointing from the club on a day like this if it was the SA vice president involved. Young innocent kids were around.

Yes HS have a bit explaining to do but nothing like SA. It still surprises me of the reaction post game beat the fence, as no player was hit, stretched off, ambulance called nothing, during the game. A minor incident over in the pocket that was well controlled by field & goal umpires. It was a pretty good game and day tbh. So why attack a player like that?? Lucky he is a big unit and majority weren’t prepared to come front in with the attacks being cowardly from behind. The player did exceptionally well to control himself to a degree!!
Yes umpires abandoned the game but that was more to do with events leading up to this week and umpires not being treated with respect. So they just said “that’s enough” we are not here to put up with this

Yes umpires abandoned the game but that was more to do with events leading up to this week and umpires not being treated with respect. So they just said “that’s enough” we are not here to put up with this crap!!
Turbo, enough of your b******t too mate. I called out Bingo for improperly representing what our club stands for.
You need to cut the crap and stop trying to paint a picture of SA being the bad guys and HS merely a participant in all this. BOTH clubs are equally responsible for this mess and need to take responsibility. So cut the rhetoric and focus on your club.

Seriously.. what you get out of this is that the bloke recording evidence should have joined the fight and escalated it further. People like you are the reason these things happen

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turbo, enough of your b******t too mate. I called out Bingo for improperly representing what our club stands for.
You need to cut the crap and stop trying to paint a picture of SA being the bad guys and HS merely a participant in all this. BOTH clubs are equally responsible for this mess and need to take responsibility. So cut the rhetoric and focus on your club.
your as bad as Bingo14, to suggest HS are equally responsible is delusional.

On a more positive note and note this is what football should be all about, I was fortunate to be at the Rupertswood v Deer Park match on Saturday. What I can convey to you all is this was a genuine game of football where both sides respected officialdom, volunteers, their coaches, teammates and opposing players. The quality of play was very high particularly from Rupertswood with No 2 dominating all day. Rupertswood deserved to win and to think they won by a point is more a reflection on what Deer Park is capable of. Deer Park are playing like a Deer in headlights with far too much science being installed in my view forcing players to appear as though they are jumping at shadows instead of playing a natural brand of football. Why would a perfectly fit 4 point on baller recruit with a proven track record at senior level be on the bench for the 1st 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter is beyond belief. Anyway, Rupertswood are the real deal. Pleasing to see both sides offer sincere congratulations at games end to one another. Another thing I do not think I heard one swear word from either side and their was no onfield conflict whatsoever despite a willing contest. Well done to both clubs players, spectators, volunteers and coaches. PS. do not wear eshay bags to local footy. They are not welcome and nor are you if you have one on.
I dont get the bag comment?

Who was the player on the bench thats a long time

your as bad as Bingo14, to suggest HS are equally responsible is delusional.
There are two clubs that behaved inappropriately. Everyone will go back and forth as to who is to blame and that will achieve nothing. BOTH CLUBS are equally responsible for what happened and BOTH clubs are equally responsible for making sure nothing like this ever happens again. Both clubs should now be looking to better themselves, not point fingers.

There are two clubs that behaved inappropriately. Everyone will go back and forth as to who is to blame and that will achieve nothing. BOTH CLUBS are equally responsible for what happened and BOTH clubs are equally responsible for making sure nothing like this ever happens again. Both clubs should now be looking to better themselves, not point fingers.

Yep, It takes two to tango. If anyone thinks St Albans going to cop it and Hillside gets off Scott free you are dreaming. Both clubs going to cop it and because it’s a new club involved both will be made an example of.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, It takes two to tango. If anyone thinks St Albans going to cop it and Hillside gets off Scott free you are dreaming. Both clubs going to cop it and because it’s a new club involved both will be made an example of.

Because it’s a new club involved both will be made an example of? Please explain this comment as makes no sense at all.
What bad history do HS have in the EDFL?

Did you watch the news at all, or any vision?

I wrote more but deleted it and just can’t be bothered as you obviously have a beef with HS going back years. Yes I have clubs I don’t much like but so do you in HS.

Obviously we don't have all the footage and I'm sure both clubs with get a kick in the arse but from the footage available on the news and more I've seen personally it looks like SA were just itching for fight and to get to certain players.

Because it’s a new club involved both will be made an example of? Please explain this comment as makes no sense at all.
What bad history do HS have in the EDFL?

Did you watch the news at all, or any vision?

I wrote more but deleted it and just can’t be bothered as you obviously have a beef with HS going back years. Yes I have clubs I don’t much like but so do you in HS.

Stop playing the victim mate…. Both your clubs were fighting. Both ur clubs had people storm the field and reports are hillside supporters were first.

You are a very one eyed supporter turbo. How do you need more explaining. League CANNOT let a new club come in and be involved in a all in melee. They need to be made an example of. However a melee requires 2 parties and both are equally at fault, I’ve seen footage that I can’t post here because it’s too big to send…. and they both should be punished hillside fans and players are not innocent in the matter mate.
League has all the footage anyway from the game recordings

Good conduct or not is irrelevant, something like this should be a 0 tolerance attitude.

Stop playing the victim mate…. Both your clubs were fighting. Both ur clubs had people storm the field and reports are hillside supporters were first.

You are a very one eyed supporter turbo. How do you need more explaining. League CANNOT let a new club come in and be involved in a all in melee. They need to be made an example of. However a melee requires 2 parties and both are equally at fault, I’ve seen footage that I can’t post here because it’s too big to send…. and they both should be punished hillside fans and players are not innocent in the matter mate.
League has all the footage anyway from the game recordings

Good conduct or not is irrelevant, something like this should be a 0 tolerance attitude.

Both equally at fault is where you get me going. Reports of a club VP involved. They should be showing leadership in all this..I only see one teams player getting assaulted post game trying to leave the field.
Supporters fighting has occurred before over the years but never seen this type of behaviour.

Out of curiosity have you seen this behaviour?

Wonder if this might have any effect on their liquor licence as it’s a gaming venue? Can you imagine if that occurred as that’s a huge financial hit. Club officials should be trying to contain it and leading from the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back