EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So a team that you said would destroy the Grade is beaten and the best you can come up with is to bag the ground they play on.

You really are flog
Well it obviously doesn’t assist any side with talent that likes to spread the ball was more my point. The way they play and train is not built for that sh&&jole they call a ground.
Name calling suits you my friend.

Well it obviously doesn’t assist any side with talent that likes to spread the ball was more my point. The way they play and train is not built for that sh&&jole they call a ground.
Name calling suits you my friend.
Raeburn & Hillside's ground aren't great, either.
Rather than sinking the boot in, drive change.

Attended the WC v DP yesterday and thanks to both teams for a great game. WC never gave up. Great passionate vocal crowd from both sides made the game even more exciting if that was possible! First time for me at Shore Reserve and yeah it's a bit different. Gives a new meaning to "home ground advantage". Took my camcorder with me and will upload my YouTube link in a couple of days. The last quarter is a ripper. Looking forward to the re-match later this season. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Sensational stuff!! I loved the videos you posted last season. Can't wait to have a look at this one.

Please film some Tulla games this year if you get the chance.

what a great game between wc v dp credit to wc after 3 day break and 20 points down in the last quarter to come back and win the game it was great effort.dp are very good running side and they will finish top 2 but the concern for them is their reserve side looked very ordinary and can’t see to many players are capable of playing ones and the vfl listed players won’t all play because the points. the players who played well against wc were greenhough,Mundy ,smart and van riet and wc lucas , Taha ,rinaudo , and bowkett I watched the game on sports cast but it didn’t have any sound I wish someone from the edfl can tell who ever is recording the game to leave sound on because it was boring with out sound.

?? What’s wrong with Hillside ground?
Surely you aren’t comparing shore reserve with Hillside? Raeburn isn’t too bad, small but not in the same as shore reserve!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time you went to Hillsides ground BJ. Great size and in excellent shape at the moment.
Raeburn is decent but once it gets wet it can become heavy in patches but was recently redone if I’m correct.
It’s nothing against WC as a club as they can’t do much about things unless council help out. The rooms there are disgusting for any grade. They can’t do much with the ground but did play at Coburg oval a few years back which was a great thing but surely the council could improve the facilities.

3 games in and already what most of us thought would happen is happening.

A clear top 2 with Hillside thereabouts, St Albans, Rupo, Tulla, and Roxy in that next group. Throw a blanket over the next group, with Glenroy and Westy both struggling.

what a great game between wc v dp credit to wc after 3 day break and 20 points down in the last quarter to come back and win the game it was great effort.dp are very good running side and they will finish top 2 but the concern for them is their reserve side looked very ordinary and can’t see to many players are capable of playing ones and the vfl listed players won’t all play because the points. the players who played well against wc were greenhough,Mundy ,smart and van riet and wc lucas , Taha ,rinaudo , and bowkett I watched the game on sports cast but it didn’t have any sound I wish someone from the edfl can tell who ever is recording the game to leave sound on because it was boring with out sound.
I recorded the last half and will post the YouTube link in a couple of days . . . . . . and my video has SOUND !! The WC fans in the forward pocket were going mental. Lookout for the ripper last quarter. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Sensational stuff!! I loved the videos you posted last season. Can't wait to have a look at this one.

Please film some Tulla games this year if you get the chance.
Thanks GB. I'll try to make it to a Tulla game this season but there are so many good games. Next week I think I'll go to the St Albans v West Coburg game but I see that Tulla are playing Deer Park !! Both game will be off the scale but they're on at the same time. I wish the league would stagger the games. I notice they had a night game last Saturday night - Marby v Aberfeldie. I went to the game and it was a great night. We need more night games.

Westmeadows put in a very good effort against St Albans on Saturday. They ran out of gas half way through the last quarter and speaking to a few of the players after the game they said the short week just gassed them.

I know I'm a biased towards westy but for most of the game westy had St Albans measure, westy a lot smaller in height and body shape just competed in everything run and carry in and under won the tap outs and the pressure on the St Albans fwd was outstanding.

The 20 points St Albans kicked 14 of them were results from absolute pressure from defence rushed snaps or rushed behind.

I'm very bullish about westy staying up this year played 3 very good sides so far DP, Tulla and St Albans and besides the Tulla game they really pushed DP and St Albans I really think if they had a full week rest the result on Saturday could have been different.

What I believe Westmeadows needs to improve on from this week fwd is kicking efficiency the young kids are turnover kings fix that and they are good to go also the westy home ground play, ever play every team know we just go to the clubroom side without fail its been ingrained since jnrs it doesn't matter if players are free in centre or other side of ground they just go to the clubrooms. They don't do it on other grounds just at home address that if they can and this side will win games.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what I seen on Saturday
Glenroy are in some serious trouble.

From what I seen on Saturday
Glenroy are in some serious trouble.
Absolutely correct. Cant see where they will get a win on current form. Have played finals once since 2013 resulting in the 2017 premiership and has been on a steady decline ever since. If they spent as much time on running the footy department as they do on running a good function things might be different. Problem is with relegation almost certain they might not have a club to hold functions. Enough said

OK folks here's my video from the West Coburg V Deer Park epic battle. Both teams and the vocal crowd made for a wonderful and enthralling game of footy. Deer Park looked to have the game won when they led by 20 points half way through the last quarter but West Coburg doesn't know the meaning of "give up" and through persistence, desperation and brilliance they snatched the lead in the dying minutes of the game via a free kick and a 50 metre penalty. Can you believe it!! Deer Park had a final chance to snatch the lead back when one of their players desperately snapped a kick off the ground but guess what ?? It hit the POST!! The excitement level was off the scale. Final siren and West Coburg wins. The crowd went crazy. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Time Stamps:
WC number 23 attempts Mark of the Century 37:00
Last Quarter starts from 24:15
WC free and 50 metre to take the lead - 48:30
Deer Park hits the post - 52:00

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched 1st half & didn’t really enjoy it. I put this down to the ground & game style as a consequence of ground.
Rolling packs, tackles, hack kicks, must have been a record out on the fulls.
You don’t see ball movement patterns, run, spread, one on one contests.

No doubt top 2 teams, I’ll watch return match at DP ground.

I watched DP & St.Albans on video & enjoyed that game.

Spose I expect them to get it together...
Very early days and lots of footy to be played out. No doubt West Coburg, Deer Park and maybe Hillside look very likely to fill the top end of the ladder, and Glenroy look to be struggling in both senior teams, a few injuries could make it really tough. Think there will be some good contests and plenty of upsets in games featuring the rest.

Watched SA v WM .. westy competitve first half think SA thought it would be a lot easier pickings. WM were 4 goals up with 5 mins left in the 2nd. 8 goal turn around. Few injuries I think both ways close to depleted benches

WM 1 goal for the second half to SA 4.13 dominant finish except very very inaccurate second half most were pot shots too should have been a bigger margin on what was a good day for footy. They wont want to start off slow against WC .. they'll get put away.

Competition in general seems strong to me. KP going up and competing, whoever wins Div 2 will stay up in 2024 and DP haven't just come in and blasted everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back