EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately former Hillside players that now play for St.Albans started this mess by doing some cheap low acts behind play. Once the melee started and the siren went spectators from both clubs got involved but the St.Albans members just wanted to keep it going with senior members of the committee joining the fray. Let’s not mention grown men older enough to know better trying to storm the Hillside change rooms threatening to kill. Never seen a police car called to Hillside in 20 years. But the boys in blue new the address of this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Concerned by your allegations...just be careful from a law point of view whoever is writing this ...I feel your comments are very one sided....Hillside #28 was the one commenting to "I'm going to kill you"
What is happening in today's society, this would definitely be a cause for concern for the EDFL

Sorry but in what world is it okay for spectators to enter a melee? Put aside the jerseys or spectrum of this game. Spectators have no right to get involved

It’s pretty clear two individuals dressed in all black come bounding over from hs , well before anyone else does.
We did witness this

Sorry but in what world is it okay for spectators to enter a melee? Put aside the jerseys or spectrum of this game. Spectators have no right to get involved

It’s pretty clear two individuals dressed in all black come bounding over from hs , well before anyone else does.
Agree

My club has been playing against Hillside for a few years now.

Never known them or their supporters to do anything but the usual good banter. And their players are the same. A good bunch who always have a drink in the opposition rooms after a game.

I’d be shocked if they were the instigators.

Concerned by your allegations...just be careful from a law point of view whoever is writing this ...I feel your comments are very one sided....Hillside #28 was the one commenting to "I'm going to kill you"
What is happening in today's society, this would definitely be a cause for concern for the EDFL
Started with unfortunately former Saints players that moved to HS I hear that #28 has bad blood...
New Year, new division...grow up Hillside.... I think you guys just targeted a new club entering the league that you denied....
Move on Sharks....dont be cry babies of the league

Only telling it like it was. Having young children visibly upset by the level of aggression was unacceptable and un called for. Your own security staff were disgusted with his behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of police and road closure and only allowing people to exit ground.
Absolutely horrible scenes with punches thrown and constant carry on! Young Aus kick kids in tears as they were having a kick on the oval, and parents disgusted. What are some people thinking?
What were St Albans supporters trying to open the doors of the opposition changerooms to get in there. What does that prove? Accept losing with dignity and it wrecked a great game and day for the majority of supporters!

League won’t be happy especially after last weeks events. Watch this space especially with St Albans being a new club. However it was contained well and kudos to that security person who did an exceptional job. Probably be all over the news so league won’t be happy.

Umpires did well to just walk off at 3/4 time as they had enough and could smell trouble was brewing. Why don’t supporters just stay off the oval till the players separate into there groups. Supporters confronting players leaving the field is very ordinary and caused it to spill over again.

But on the game it was a very good tough physical contest. Hillside just a bit cleaner overall. #4 from St Albans can seriously play and Micallef was very good as usual. Hillsides #9 Prestia was hillside best with Ryan dangerous up forward and down back HS Bonnici had SA #20 under control.

Oh and that canteen is the worse in the league by far. Small van and no food by 1/2 time. Very ordinary.. 😄😄
Doesn't matter overall that's a terrible outcome

What can be gained by it? Can you articulate that instead of just giving an embarrassing insult? What purpose does it serve?
Same thing gained by watching the 6pm news and reading the herald sun and listening to sen everyday it’s called information/knowledge princess

Same thing gained by watching the 6pm news and reading the herald sun and listening to sen everyday it’s called information/knowledge princess
Even the herald sun wouldn’t print some of this stuff but it’s right in their demographic.

The point is it’s likely to be an investigation and all of these comments do nothing to help anyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty shouldn’t all posts on it be removed pending the investigation? No good comes of this speculation.

This forum has never had any issues discussing incidents involving Hadfield, Northern Saints, Roxy Park, and Craigieburn and I don't think there's any issue discussing this one all in a reasonable manner.

As for an investigation, I can't help but think any results will simply be leaked here anyway.

The down side is, it takes away from 2 very good wins yesterday.

This forum has never had any issues discussing incidents involving Hadfield, Northern Saints, Roxy Park, and Craigieburn and I don't think there's any issue discussing this one all in a reasonable manner.

As for an investigation, I can't help but think any results will simply be leaked here anyway.

The down side is, it takes away from 2 very good wins yesterday.
Yes, discussion on this issue has been pretty civilised to date. In marked contrast to the verbal free for all which followed the Strathmore-Keilor melee, round 10 2021. You would remember that one Aucklander? 😄😄

Watched the fog yesterday, were very good and a well deserved win. Tulla are a shadow of themselves from what I saw, compared to last two seasons. if they don’t get it together they may well be the other team in contention for a drop, will be a massive fall from grace….

And one of those was from SA that tan from that side apparently.

He’s an a absolute hypocrite

Loves getting on the soap box to condemn other clubs
Really, well let’s just say it was horrible scenes and I’ve never seen things like this in edfl. What happened post game was a disgrace.

The other game was kids as young as 15 being attacked by older men during a game. Grow up nuffy!!

I am a local, non supporter of either team but what I witnessed from a Hillside supporter running onto the field at the 3 qtr siren was what instigated the whole situation.

Last year's captain of Hillside ran from their bench to get involved in the scuffle.

#16 Hillside in goal square disgusting
#28 came for the punches not the play

Not sure about canteen running out of food but I did witness a tray of pies etc being carried out...not forgetting a full bistro running inside

Close game that got called of 3/4 time....no sore losers in my eyes....good game thus far in my opinion.

good call by umpires

St Albans club managed situation very well. Again in my opinion, i felt Sharks came out wanting blood since players left to go to opposing club
Haha! Can always count on turbo to throw a bit of Mayo and blame someone else

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back