EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If a player was concussed and left the ground it must be on the trainers report so will be looked at by the league under the new concussion rules. What time was the incident as keen to take a look.
Around 9.30min into the 2nd quarter turbo. Shirt front well after the young fella got rid of the footy. Shoulder to the head and knocked him out cold. Absolute dog act. No report, no send off. In fact if you keep watching a few minutes the only one that was sent off and given 2 weeks was his older brother who came in and retaliated with some wrestling. Umpires a disgrace as they seen the incident. It should be 6+ weeks and i hope Craigieburn follow up on this.

Around 9.30min into the 2nd quarter turbo. Shirt front well after the young fella got rid of the footy. Shoulder to the head and knocked him out cold. Absolute dog act. No report, no send off. In fact the only one sent off and given 2 weeks was his older brother who came in and retaliated with some wrestling. Umpires disgrace as they seen the incident. It should be 6+ weeks and i hope Craigieburn follow up on this.
Tribunal will let off, even if it gets that far!

Around 9.30min into the 2nd quarter turbo. Shirt front well after the young fella got rid of the footy. Shoulder to the head and knocked him out cold. Absolute dog act. No report, no send off. In fact if you keep watching a few minutes the only one that was sent off and given 2 weeks was his older brother who came in and retaliated with some wrestling. Umpires a disgrace as they seen the incident. It should be 6+ weeks and i hope Craigieburn follow up on this.
Roxy player 4 weeks

Hey Bissa, that’s the type of hit the AFL is trying to stamp out and think that deserves 6 weeks. Way too late and to the head of someone not expecting contact.
How wasn’t that reported and red carded?? Off for the rest of the match.

Was the Roxy runner in a verbal exchange with the CB bench. That’s not a good look either surely he wasn’t defending the players hit??

Hey Bissa, that’s the type of hit the AFL is trying to stamp out and think that deserves 6 weeks. Way too late and to the head of someone not expecting contact.

Was the Roxy runner in a verbal exchange with the CB bench. That’s not a good look either surely he wasn’t defending the players hit??

Spot on Turbo!!

Hey guys just a general question.

Does anyone know if there's anyway of accessing video footage of EDFL matches that were streamed in previous years such as 2022, 2023 etc?

I have found a way to download all the games from this year but I am wondering if I can somehow find videos from previous seasons which have now disappeared online.

Similar incident in the Rupo v Tulla game in the 4th QTR (23min). Tulla player knocked out cold, Rupo player elected to bump, got the Tulla player high. If the EDFL is serious, both these players get big weeks

Bissa not condoning the incident, but it was not a shirt front, I was standing 15-20 meters from it.
Hit the player flush down the side of his body, the hit was a little late and the jolt of the head due to the bump no doubt knocked him about.
He was not out cold, after being attended to by the trainers he walked off the ground aided by the two medics.
Again, not condoning the incident as I think he should cop a suspension.
And I'll put it out there as I have before, I follow both clubs due to mates having kids play at both Craigieburn & Roxy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bissa not condoning the incident, but it was not a shirt front, I was standing 15-20 meters from it.
Hit the player flush down the side of his body, the hit was a little late and the jolt of the head due to the bump no doubt knocked him about.
He was not out cold, after being attended to by the trainers he walked off the ground aided by the two medics.
Again, not condoning the incident as I think he should cop a suspension.
And I'll put it out there as I have before, I follow both clubs due to mates having kids play at both Craigieburn & Roxy.
You have to be kidding? So you couldn't see the stiff straight out arms the young man initially had while lying on the ground straight after the incident? A bit like Rankine had in the AFL on the weekend. He was laying on the ground for a very long time before being helped from the ground clearly still heavily concussed mate. As you can see in the footage. You think he got that from a hit to the body. Give me a spell sounds very much like you are condoning it.

Poor efforts, not footy acts, players shouldn’t expect this anymore. 8-10 weeks is the only way to clean this up.

EDFL don’t disclose these outcomes anywhere so there is no deterrent for others not to do it.

EDFL will wipe their hands and say it’s a tribunal decision. EDFL board and Exec govern the league and they have the power to have decision reviewed and upgraded, downgraded and overturned.

They already have an ex Senior player looking at legal action for past concussion issues.

Ostriches, if this keeps happening no one will insure the EDFL and then, non-contact footy.

Again, pi55 weak from the EDFL Board and Executives. They need to take responsibility and act harshly.

Players and Clubs also need to take responsibility.

You have to be kidding? So you couldn't see the stiff straight out arms the young man initially had while lying on the ground straight after the incident? A bit like Rankine had in the AFL on the weekend. He was laying on the ground for a very long time before being helped from the ground clearly still heavily concussed mate. As you can see in the footage. You think he got that from a hit to the body. Give me a spell sounds very much like you are condoning it.

I’d have to agree. The bump was a little late, but definitely no contact to the head.

Roxy had a few young guys running around in the seniors on Saturday, future looks bright

Similar incident in the Rupo v Tulla game in the 4th QTR (23min). Tulla player knocked out cold, Rupo player elected to bump, got the Tulla player high. If the EDFL is serious, both these players get big weeks
Not the same -

Yet the tulla v Ruppo one is the same as the RP player getting knocked out against MV earlier in the year and missed 6 weeks of football. But all the experts on here said nothing in it. Change the colour of the jumper and opinions now change. Yet that MV player got off a 3 weeks set penalty offer.

Not the same -

Yet the tulla v Ruppo one is the same as the RP player getting knocked out against MV earlier in the year and missed 6 weeks of football. But all the experts on here said nothing in it. Change the colour of the jumper and opinions now change. Yet that MV player got off a 3 weeks set penalty offer.
Gee you Roxy mob love to have a whinge but where have you been over the many years your blokes have been running around sniping? Make sure your house is clean first before slinging mud at others!

Gee you Roxy mob love to have a whinge but where have you been over the many years your blokes have been running around sniping? Make sure your house is clean first before slinging mud at others!
Yeah and where are them players now ? Moved on and a lot of work has been done to change the name and opinion of the club.

No club is entirely squeaky clean and you live in a dreamland in you think otherwise.

Not the same as the Roxy incident this week but he also choose to bump/turn his body to brace for a standing bump, so it’s 3 weeks. The Tulla player did kind of fall before the bump and the Rupo player was committed and by falling he got him in the head. The Roxy player lined up the CB player who was exposed after kicking the footy so it’s a lot worse as he had options to not bump. In fact you will see the Roxy player went aggressively to bump, so that’s min 6 in todays game. Sorry just my opinion on the rules set out to limit head knocks and concussions.

Hey mate. Played on Scott Clarke who is a premier standard defender.

On div1 is better than just a good player. His a great player in div1 and definitely in the top 5 players. If he wins the comp medal he would be rated the best.

But agree it’s really irrelevant in some way.

On another subject Hillsides ground in excellent condition and brings about good open footy that showcased Marby’s skill levels. Hillside should use that as a tool to get in quality players especially the younger types who like the big open grounds to showcase their skills.
Agree with this absolutely turbo
Who would make up your top 5 players in Div 1,
Can fit them into 10 if you need

I think covelli will win the comp medal
But Marby will win the flag

Not the same as the Roxy incident this week but he also choose to bump/turn his body to brace for a standing bump, so it’s 3 weeks. The Tulla player did kind of fall before the bump and the Rupo player was committed and by falling he got him in the head. The Roxy player lined up the CB player who was exposed after kicking the footy so it’s a lot worse as he had options to not bump. In fact you will see the Roxy player went aggressively to bump, so that’s min 6 in todays game. Sorry just my opinion on the rules set out to limit head knocks and concussions.
Just watched the incident. Let's get fair dinkum here, the real crime is a couple of the Rigs a few of those players are carrying around playing Senior 1's footy!!! Real ordinary set up

Yeah, fair enough, I acknowledge the effort to improve the place in that regard and applaud it. Still got a way to go

Yeah, fair enough, I acknowledge the effort to improve the place in that regard and applaud it. Still got a way to go though
Still have a way to go ?

Ok so what more do they have to do then ? In you’re perfect world for what ever club you support that is perfect in every way. What does RP need to work on ?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back