EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Marby the only team who would compete in Prem. WC/Hillside would be bottom 2 or 3 quite easily.
West Coburg would go back down straight away, dont have the facilities or the resources to stay up in premier long term

2015-2017 they got lucky in premier with Northern Saints, Airport West and Cragieburn all having a massive player exodus prior to that season starting and you could have said the same thing with Douttas in 2018 had WC stayed up.

Methinks Marby also knows whats required to be successful in premier having only dropped down this year..
How long ago was WC in premier?

How many for Covelli today
Looks like he kicked 5 by the scores. Well should be 6 as that goal in the first quarter he snapped was not touched as I was very close. Not sure how they allow players to run towards goal and field umpires is beyond me.

Watched the 1st qrt and bit then had to leave to attend other commitments.
Played in finals like atmosphere and great fast contest. Marby go fast and break the lines with long kicks. Hillside a bit more conventional. Tough contest for the bit I seen.
Searl good in the ruck and no11 out of defence for Marby was excellent providing great drive.

Anyone who thinks Covelli couldn’t play premier doesn’t know footy. Both sides wouldn’t be last in premier on that standard of footy. Holland best coach in div1 by a mile..

Disappointing to see Marby crew drinking from own large esky over near scoreboard, however I did hear they bought a couple of slabs for the bus home. Just don’t like the drinking of stubbies from large esky type set up.

I feel (and already know of a number)
there will be a lot of SK and Rupo players going back to the Riddell. Both clubs won’t go near finals in C grade next year based off what I have heard. Expect a big drop off from both clubs (even bigger than the drop offs that occurred this year at both clubs

Not sure this post will age well

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Looks like he kicked 5 by the scores. Well should be 6 as that goal in the first quarter he snapped was not touched as I was very close. Not sure how they allow players to run towards goal and field umpires is beyond me.

Played in finals like atmosphere and great fast contest. Marby go fast and break the lines with long kicks. Hillside a bit more conventional. Tough contest for the bit I seen.
Searl good in the ruck and no11 out of defence for Marby was excellent providing great drive.

Anyone who thinks Covelli couldn’t play premier doesn’t know footy. Both sides wouldn’t be last in premier on that standard of footy. Holland best coach in div1 by a mile..

Disappointing to see Marby crew drinking from own large esky over near scoreboard, however I did hear they bought a couple of slabs for the bus home. Just don’t like the drinking of stubbies from large

Disappointing to see Marby crew drinking from own large esky over near scoreboard, however I did hear they bought a couple of slabs for the bus home. Just don’t like the drinking of stubbies from large esky type set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covelli has a lot of footy smarts… I think a top class premier league defender would avoid getting into a wrestling match with him.. spoil any marking attempts and then run off him…

It’s all hypothetical.. but he is a good player in Div 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covelli has a lot of footy smarts… I think a top class premier league defender would avoid getting into a wrestling match with him.. spoil any marking attempts and then run off him…

It’s all hypothetical.. but he is a good player in Div 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey mate. Played on Scott Clarke who is a premier standard defender.

On div1 is better than just a good player. His a great player in div1 and definitely in the top 5 players. If he wins the comp medal he would be rated the best.

But agree it’s really irrelevant in some way.

On another subject Hillsides ground in excellent condition and brings about good open footy that showcased Marby’s skill levels. Hillside should use that as a tool to get in quality players especially the younger types who like the big open grounds to showcase their skills.

I watched a very tough & entertaining game between Craigieburn & Roxburgh Park.
Some great goals and some big bumps. A few spot fires but nothing too bad.
A draw was a fitting result as both teams you could say deserved the win.
The new surface....managed to have a walk around it at half time of the seniors and parts of the ground was that chopped up due to sandy patches I'm surprised no one did an ankle or knee. Sand edging around the centre wicket area that was full of pot holes. Besides that, the rest of the oval was exceptionally good.

The new surface....managed to have a walk around it at half time of the seniors and parts of the ground was that chopped up due to sandy patches I'm surprised no one did an ankle or knee. Sand edging around the centre wicket area that was full of pot holes. Besides that, the rest of the oval was exceptionally good.

I heard Elliott warmed up on the ground at 3 quarter time of the reserves, trying to put fear into the crazyburn coaching staff.

That’s funny

Great contest from both teams on the weekend need to discuss the big hit on Craigieburn player in the second quarter looking at the video replay no effort to tackle or smother Craigieburn player was KO’d Does the EDFL use video evidence for reports???

I heard Elliott warmed up on the ground at 3 quarter time of the reserves, trying to put fear into the crazyburn coaching staff.

That’s funny
He's been the runner since the injury and warmed up with the boys every week. Not trying to put fear into anyone. My mail is that the burners had planned all week like he was going to play. Haha. Gotta love local footy

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s funny
Many of the Craigieburn/Roxy players are mutual friends so I'm sure the coaching staff knew he wouldn't play. Anyway, what's the big deal? He's club captain and for support was involved as much as he could. Not the first he has done this either.

Great contest from both teams on the weekend need to discuss the big hit on Craigieburn player in the second quarter looking at the video replay no effort to tackle or smother Craigieburn player was KO’d Does the EDFL use video evidence for reports???
It's going to be interesting to see how that is viewed.

That’s funny
The big fella has been runner since the injury and had warmed up with the boys every week. I think everyone knew it was a long term injury and he wouldn't be playing

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If a player was concussed and left the ground it must be on the trainers report so will be looked at by the league under the new concussion rules. What time was the incident as keen to take a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back